TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2006

We need to have the keeper number set before the draft to keep me from wanting to draft guys like Barry and Roger. I make all my moves based on keeper limit.

Well, what is the number of players on the roster. I think that is necessary before naming the amount of keepers. If we go Yahoo standard (around 20, right?), I think 4 or 5 works. Anymore than a 1/4 of the team and that is tying up too many players for the next year.

OK, another excecutive decision: everyone can choose 4 keepers at the end of the season. I think a small number is good since there are so many teams. It can be whoever you want, so it doesn't matter what round they were drafted it or if you picked them up off waivers or traded for them or however you aquired them. You can keep 4 players of your choice at the end of the season.

We'll make draft picks tradeable as well, but of course it's up to the teams to always announce to transfer of draft picks so I can keep a record of it.

Sound good? Anyone have a problem with the draft day/time?

OK, another excecutive decision: everyone can choose 4 keepers at the end of the season. I think a small number is good since there are so many teams. It can be whoever you want, so it doesn't matter what round they were drafted it or if you picked them up off waivers or traded for them or however you aquired them. You can keep 4 players of your choice at the end of the season.

We'll make draft picks tradeable as well, but of course it's up to the teams to always announce to transfer of draft picks so I can keep a record of it.

Sound good? Anyone have a problem with the draft day/time?

Let's add in there that if you keep someone, then you cannot draft in that round they were originally drafted in.

I don't like the rule because what if you want to keep someone you picked up off the free agent market? What if you keep somebody you aquired in a trade? etc.

I figured a Monday night would have the synergy with RAW being on. If more people would rather it a Sunday night or a Saturday night instead I can change it.

exactly. That way, getting a damn good FA (like a rookie) benefits you for next year.

Look, if we allow the 1st and 2nd rounders to stay on teams, we necessarily put in some sort of bias for the following year that those teams with a-rod and pujols will continue to dominate.

Ok, even though I think the rule is not really needed (I mean, techincally everyone drafted in the first round should be pretty good and if everyone keeps their first round pick, then everyone loses their first round pick, and essentially the second round becomes the first round, etc.) Maybe it's just my free market philosophy and this feels like the government trying to set prices and tax wealth, but then again YOU ARE the economist, here so what the hell, I've put it up to a vote.

Everyone in the league should recieve a PM with the keeper suggestion outlined into a contract I have essentially contructed to make it work. Please respond and vote YES or NO. Majority wins. Fair enough.

Also, the PM asks about the Draft Day/Time. Please also include whether the draft day/time is ok for you and if not to please suggest an alternate day/time.

Now go to your PM boxes!

I'm sorry to be redudant, but not everyone has replied yet. If you have not, please do so! If you did not recieve the PM, please let me know.

OK, by a vote of 10-4 (with 6 abstaining), the Keeper Rule passes. Mostly making my life more difficult.

Here it is for reference.

Keeper Rule:

A*4 Keepers of any position will be chosen by each team at the end of the season.

B*Teams must choose no less than 4 Keepers.

C*Teams will lose a draft pick in the forthcoming draft corresponding to the round each of their keepers were previously drafted in. (for example: Albert Pujols is chosen as a keeper and he was drafted in the 1st round of the previous draft. Team loses first round pick in next draft).

D*If a keeper was undrafted, the team will lose their last round draft pick avaliable. (For example if 3 players chosen as keepers were picked up as free agents, and there are 20 round (I forgot the exact number), team loses their 20th, 19th and 18th round picks.)

E*If a player chosen as a keeper was drafted by another team and aquired via trade or free agency or waivers, the team choosing the keeper will lose the corresponding round pick that the player was drafted. (For example: If Derek Jeter is drafted in the 3rd round by Team A, and then traded to Team B, and Team B chooses Jeter as a keeper, then Team B will forfeit their 3rd round pick).

F*If more than one keeper were drafted in the same round (for example, Team B chooses Derek Jeter (drafted in 3rd round by Team A and traded to Team B) and Ichiro Suziki (drafted by Team B in 3rd round), team will forfeit the next lowest round (so in our example rounds 3 and 4.)

G*If a team wishes to keep a keeper for two or more consecutive seasons, team will still forfeit the round pick in which the keeper was originally drafted in.

H*These rules are subject to review and revision after the season at the discretion of the commisioner.

Draft Day and time is still Monday May 20 at 8:30 PM ET. I'm sorry for the couple people that can't make this time. I'd suggest taking time before hand to extensively pre-rank your players so you will get the best players you want that are avaliable.

See you all then.

Ok, we've had a request by a certain former economist to randomly generate and announce the draft order before the draft. Basically you'll have to take me at my word that this is legit.

Here is the order of teams as they are listed on the page for determining draft order from my commisioner tools page. THIS IS NOT THE DRAFT ORDER. Basically numbered from #1 for the first team, down numerically to the last team as #20:

1Rockbirds

2Midcard 4 Life

3Komijul

4jwpeer - KnklBl4Life

5Heavy Lumber

6Dangerous by DESIGN

7Rebels of Oakland

8Brockvegas Posse

9John Galt Express

10Serenity

11Pawtucket Patriots

12Cranky Old Men

13Infinite93Intensity

14Team Canada

15Kings of Crunk

16Landfall Jacobites

17NuclearChinlocks

18The Random Hero

19Scott Boras Allstars

20Warts Whackos

Using this random number generator: http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/random.htm

I asked to generate 20 integers between 1 and 20 with no repeats. One click, and that's our draft order. I was hoping not to be randomly chosen as #1 since that would make everyone think I manipulated it and luckily or not so luckily for me, that is certainly not the case.

12 9 15 14 5 17 13 4 11 10 8 18 2 16 20 3 7 1 19 6

This amounts to THE DRAFT ORDER:

#1: Cranky Old Men

#2: John Galt Express

#3: Kings of Crunk

#4: Team Canada

#5: Heavy Lumber

#6: NuclearChinlocks

#7: Infinite93Intensity

#8: jwpeer - KnklBl4Life

#9: Pawtucket Patriots

#10: Serenity

#11: Brockvegas Posse

#12: The Random Hero

#13: Midcard 4 Life

#14: Landfall Jacobites

#15: Warts Whackos

#16: Komijul

#17: Rebels of Oakland

#18: Rockbirds

#19: Scott Boras Allstars

#20: Dangerous by DESIGN

Rejoice or weep. I'll be weeping.

Anyway, a reminder that our draft is Monday March 20th 8:30pm EST. I'm sorry to the few people who are not able to make it and highly encourage those who will not be there live to take some time before hand to extensively pre-rank your players on your team page. For the rest, see you then!

Treble,

The yahoo draft is serpentine.

SUWEET! My suggestion works to a charm. 2nd PICK!

Thanks MJ. This will help us all by giving us a week to prepare. Now that we know what our draft order is, we can kind of guess who we will be able to get...

I never got a pm.

I would have a voted no to it but that really doesn't matter anymore. It's just going to make like hell for the commish next year. All the people being kept should be worth a damn so it would just be equivalent to drafting those guys as your first four picks. Usually when a person is kept that means there draft stock would have significantly increased from the previous year. A 12th rounder this year isn't equivalent to a 12th rounder next year. With this rule it actually discourages people to keep a player they drafted in the first round unless they were absolute dynamite for them.

Some people just like making life complicated I guess.