TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA All-Star Weekend

helluva third quarter there.

and that was a lot better outing for the pistons in the late 3rd early 4th than in the 1st half. i think they needed a competative environment to be effective. everybody's just farting around in the 1st half. they had the advantage of matchups too. the west's heavy hitters (Kobe, TMac) were getting a breather.

Rasheed's doing fine setting screens and hustling on defense. Arenas should be replaced by Wade or something. I'd still like to see the Pistons out there for a few more mins. It'd be amazing if we could see the four of them to all share the MVP trophy.

Guest Vitamin X

What did Shaq do that was so hilarious earlier? I missed the game, but I did see that he played pointguard for a possession earlier in the game. That would have been funny.

I know people hate all-star games, but if there has to be a best one, it's the NBA by far.

Oh yeah, absolutely. No other sport comes close for all-star games.

He was shooting free throws, and instead of actually shooting the 2nd one he threw a lob to himself off the backboard and dunked it.

The All-Star game was really fun to watch. I rarely have the attention span to watch a whole game, save for the odd Bulls game on WGN, I sat through this one and even played my own All-Star game on NBA 2K6 during halftime.

However, I am confused about one thing. Apparently I am wrong, because 2K6 even had Houston, same court design and all, as the location, but wasn't the game originally supposed to be played in Vegas? Maybe that was just a rumour, or maybe they're playing there next year.

The All-Star game was really fun to watch. I rarely have the attention span to watch a whole game, save for the odd Bulls game on WGN, I sat through this one and even played my own All-Star game on NBA 2K6 during halftime.

However, I am confused about one thing. Apparently I am wrong, because 2K6 even had Houston, same court design and all, as the location, but wasn't the game originally supposed to be played in Vegas? Maybe that was just a rumour, or maybe they're playing there next year.

Las Vegas is next year

You want to talk about a crazy scene, Vegas is going to be it next year.

I should have stuck with it, but after watching most of the players half-ass it through the first half with the exception of the Pistons, I got bored and turned it off. After watching the '03 All-Star Game (or was it '04?) on ESPN Classic just before that, '06 was a come down.

That being said, the NBA All-Star Game is a hell of a lot more legit than any of the other major sports, though at least MLB is trying to make it legit again.