TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA All-Star Weekend

The rule of "two misses equals end of round" sucks. If that was in effect, all you would've seen were safe dunks. Does anyone remember more than a few dunks from the entire decade of the 90's? I'm a nut for the dunk contest, but the only notable ones in ten years were Barry's free-throw hop, Ceballos' blindfold and Rider's through-the-legs.

If you want to allow for creativity, let them miss. Nate Robinson's figure-eight was sick. Iguodala being safe on that last dunk was not. All I know is, I'm going to remember Nate's two best, as well as Iguodala's pair, for quite some time..

There has to be some limit. Even if they put in a 5 attempt rule or have a rule where after one missed attempt you lose a point for each additional miss. This has turned into a joke. Chris Anderson got killed last year for doing this same thing, but this year it turned into "OMG Natez small so go Nate".

Personally, I would not be unhappy to going back to dunks that were actually dunks (i.e. Jordan's leaner). Watching someone go between his legs-off the backboard-off the peanut vendor-off a teammates head is getting a little much. Go up and put the ball through with as much style as possible, we don't need a dance routine before hand.

Guest Princess Leena

I also forgot entirely about all-star weekend. :(

It used to be such fun, too.

There's only so much you can do with putting the ball in through the hoop with substance. The dunk contest will only be good with creative tough ass shit, like Iggy's behind the backboard, or Nate's behind the back between the legs mid-air while tossing it off the backboard (tougher than Andersen's). And what the hell happened to Josh Smith?

Everyone knew Nate would win if it was close, but even as a Knicks fan there's no way AI 2.0 didn't deserve the title. Having said that, he'll have to settle for easily having the greatest dunk ever in the dunk contest.

Nate didn't do anything innovative outside of the double between the legs pass that took him forever to do. I do NOT give a fuck if he jumped over someone unless he did a 360 or put the ball between his legs. It's not creative.

What it comes down to is Iggy's backboard dunk from AI or Nate's dunk that took him forever. I'll take Iguodala's, thanks.

They tried to make it so there was another dunk-off and failed. That's all there is to it.

You know, if josh smith didn't put that tape down, someone might have noticed that he is the first guy to jump from the free throw line and dunk it with two hands.

Just going by the physics of it all, if he could dunk with ease from the freethrow line with two hands, he should have been able to come damn close to that line with one hand. I think he took off on the wrong foot and gave up on it.

As for the end. Nate actually did different dunks everytime. AI did the same dunk twice. I am sorry, but this goes to Jordon, Spudd and Brent Barry also, I don't think you should get a decent score for doing the same dunk twice in the competition. If you got a 50 the first time, it should be a 40 the second time for doing the same thing.

Originally, he put it down for the first dunk, but I think after he dropped the ball on his run that he planned on waiting for the finals to jump from there. Bad idea.

Did anyone see Chris Brown stuffing Bow Wow in the Celebrity Game?

Bow Wow lost ahahahahahaha

Someone actually watched the celebrity game? Wow.

I hate how much the three point contest as fallen off. Gone are the true 3-Point shooters, like Steve Kerr, and Craig Hodges. It's just guys who make alot of threes, because they attempt alot of threes.

Assuming you mean 10 players added to the 50 greatest list, I'm not sure about Kidd, but who else could be taken? The rest are spot on.

You could definently argue he hasn't been around long enough (although only one year less than Duncan) but Dirk Nowitzki is certainly on his way to becoming an all-time great barring injuries. For retired players who weren't on the original list I'd put Adrain Dantley, Artis Gilmore, Joe Dumars, and Chris Mullin ahead of Kidd among possibly others.

For Dirk, I was thinking the exact same thing while watching the 3 point contest. Now that I remember, Lanier should go ahead of Kidd.

No love for Bernard King, and Alex English? Two great scorers in their day. King suffered two major knee injuries otherwise he might have close to 30,000 points. I don't see much of a difference between Dom. Wilkins and King, and English.

English is underrated because of where he played, and King doesn't, and wrongfully so, get mention because of the injuries. I always forget about those 2.

Guest Vitamin X

I just watched both the AI2 dunk and the Nate dunk, and I didn't even see what was really so spectacular (although I will say it was pretty cool and creative) about the AI2 dunk. I liked Nate's dunk, simply for how much airtime he had on it, fuck the size, he had to REALLY get up there for that one.

I didn't watch the dunk contest, I'm just going off of what I saw on NBA.com.

The hardest part about Andre's dunk, was that he had to stay high enough to dunk, but not get so high that he would hit his head on the backboard. Most guys heads are well above the backboard when they dunk. That's some skillful jumping.

Guest Smues

Man is this intro over the top. If you were channel surfing you'd have no clue this was the intro to the all-star game.