TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA All-Star Weekend

TNT needs to stop trying to pretend that the dunk contest is still cool. Magic kept trying to push that the dunk contest is "back".

No it's not. 4 people no one ever heard of taking 20 attempts to get off their dunk is not cool and doesn't compare to the magic of the 80's.

Get REAL stars to do it and it'll be important again.

I don't have a problem with the amount of the attempts, but I didn't like that all the judges were looking at each other's scores trying to get them to both dunk again, and they couldn't manage to do that correctly.

The AI-->AI dunk was better, I've seen all kinds of people get jumped over before. I don't give a fuck how small you are.

but the AI to AI dunk was in the first round wasn't it? Why should that have a bearing on the scores in the final round and OT? or was it the 1st dunk in the final roujnd?

They really should have a 5 attempt limit though.

The dunk contest had me pumped, until the 14 attempt dunk. That completely ruined it for me.

And oh yeah, Stern said the NBA would be back in New Orleans for the 07-08 season. I don't think they're putting in an expansion team.

what was Iggy's first dunk in the finals that got him a 50?

Its only been about 20 minutes, but the only dunks that I can remember from the contest are:

-AI to AI behind the backboard in the first round (shoulda saved it for the finals Iggy)

-Nate over Spud Webb

-the between two legs toss dunk (5783 attempts)

He passed it to himself, grabbed the ball with his left hand then passes it to his right hand behind his back for the self-alley oop.

I thought Warrick's second dunk deserved at least a 45 by the judges but it seemed like there was a glass ceiling preventing anyone unhyped by TNT from dunk competition success.

Other than the AI->AI, all of Nate's dunks were tougher to do, AND he was shorter than AI2, which makes them even tougher.

The other dunks AI2 did were the between the legs, and behind the back. JR Smith did the same shit last year, and didn't get a 50. Fuck Moses Malone.

what was Iggy's first dunk in the finals that got him a 50?

Threw up the ball, jumped, caught the ball behind his back w/ his left hand after the bounce, brought it around behind his back to his right hand, and dunked.

Eh let the Knicks win this thing, it's not like Isiah is going to craft a winner there so they'll need the little victories...

....says the Sixer fan.

I give Moses props for giving Nate 8's on both of the dunks that took him mad attempts. The other judges were giving him 9's and 10's, and while the dunks he completed were sick, I think missing a certain ammount of times should hurt your score. Moses was on point.

Eh let the Knicks win this thing, it's not like Isiah is going to craft a winner there so they'll need the little victories...

....says the Sixer fan.

At least we have a shot at making the playoffs, which is more than I can say for the Knicks...

The rule of "two misses equals end of round" sucks. If that was in effect, all you would've seen were safe dunks. Does anyone remember more than a few dunks from the entire decade of the 90's? I'm a nut for the dunk contest, but the only notable ones in ten years were Barry's free-throw hop, Ceballos' blindfold and Rider's through-the-legs.

If you want to allow for creativity, let them miss. Nate Robinson's figure-eight was sick. Iguodala being safe on that last dunk was not. All I know is, I'm going to remember Nate's two best, as well as Iguodala's pair, for quite some time..

....says the Sixer fan.

At least we have a shot at making the playoffs, which is more than I can say for the Knicks...

For a quick exit? Going to give the youngers Webber and A.I some playoff experience?

....says the Sixer fan.

So, I guess the Laker fan got the free pass when he let out his backhanded slap?

....says the Sixer fan.

For a quick exit? Going to give the youngers Webber and A.I some playoff experience?

Better than getting one of the worst records in the league and having to see your lottery pick get sent to Chicago thanks to another one of Isiah's brilliant moves...

....says the Sixer fan.

Better than getting one of the worst records in the league and having to see your lottery pick get sent to Chicago thanks to another one of Isiah's brilliant moves...

My bad, I had no idea picking 15th for the rest of eternity was any better. You can add another Kyle Korver to help Webber anchor the frontline for the next 10 years.

I ain't starting this here.

....says the Sixer fan.

Pot. Kettle. Black. As our very own personal AngleSault, you've been sucking Nate's cock throughout this thread. We get it. You're a Knicks fan. Personally, I saw AI as the winner. You could see that Iverson, Kobe and the rest were saying 'what?' when they were told that Nate won. Nate did a good job, but (a) Andre's dunks were more creative (Hakeem Warwick and Josh Smith dunked over people too, but OMG HE DID IT OVER DA OTHA LITTLE GUY!!!), and (b) you shouldnt be able to win the fucking contest if you miss 20+ times.

Nice Guy's post

1) AI is Igoudala's teammate.

2) Kobe and Nate have some beef after something Nate said to him during the Laker game.

3) Iguodala ran out of ideas after his great backboard dunk. He tried something that was done last year (JR Smith), and something else that's been done every year (between the legs). Nate's dunks were way tougher. One was a bounce pass over somebody (that's never been done, a handoff yes, bounce no), and two another dunk between the legs pass off the backboard. Come on now.

And if you think i'ma sit here and take shit because i'm a Knick fan, you're sadly mistaken.

IMO, it's Richardson or Carter, but Richardson has a greater body of work in the dunk contest.

Regarding the Skills Competition, LeBron vs Wade is probably the future of this league. They'll have many battles before retirement.

The Spud Webb jump was a nice idea, but come on, Nate kicked him in the chest on the way up. I feel there was some pretty blatant favortisim shown towards the little guy, but whatever. It's not like the dunk contest is really a legitimate competition with lots of integrity or anything.