TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

I don't disagree with anything you said but never underestimate the power of the "big people" vote in America. Fatties from coast to coast will try to keep her in the contest since she's the only female that "looks like" most of the people watching. Yes, that's a sad commentary on American women, but I think she's got a better chance going deep into the contest than the teenagers especially since Lisa and Paris will be competing for votes too and neither seems to get that the judges would like them to sound 17/16 instead of 37/36. Mandisa's voice is stronger than both of them put together, but it'll be interesting to see how things shake out since there's never been a season where the guys were expected to dominate from start to finish.

I know Frenchie was in Rent for a while here and spiked sales initially, but going the Broadway route just about equals death for anyone's musical career. To be fair though, unless Clay puts out a new decent selling record soon almost everyone on AI will have been a bust aside from Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood (even though I think she's a dime a dozen country singer).

Guest Princess Leena

I think it's Katharine's to win. Her only weakness is that she seems stiff out there. Seems like she's not fully comfortable singing in front of people, even when she did that silly girating stuff before. She lacks that emotion to really get you into her music. Which she can cover up some by being super hot and bouncing her tits around... but, that won't work on everyone.

She's obviously trained hard to get her voice be able to hit all those high pitches and octaves and shit. Her voice is as good as anyone's. And she has the enormous looks advantage over everyone, male or female. I'd be very surprised if she doesn't win.

Alya and Kinnik are so gone

I think that Ayla is more popular than Melissa.

Mandisa and Katharine are likely to be the only 2 females in the top 6

Paris and Kellie (and/or Lisa) are likely to make the top 6 (along with Chris, Ace, Taylor, and Katharine). I don't see whom Mandisa can beat out of that group.

P.S. I'd bend Katharine over.

I think Katharine is "different*" enough (as in televisions idea of different which is a hot brunette with nice titties and fair skin who hates blondes vs. a hot blonde with nice titties and tanned skin, eg: Popular) to steal a lot of the votes Mandisa would get, and Paris and TOCWTJSTLFSR would steal other votes that Mandisa would get. Kellie and Taylor would also steal some votes away from her too, as they take some of the goofy vote and the "different" vote as well. The tree sorta takes all these cuts, eventually it will fall down. This is assuming she doesn't blow everyone out of the water and the judges decided to ride her like they rode Ruben, which is possible.

*You can see it in stuff like this:

What's been your toughest obstacle in life?

Overcoming personal insecurities.

Do you think the audition process was fair?

No, they let go of some really good people and kept people who were pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYX_zkDatys...derwood%20alone

The only time, that I can remember, when an contestant decided to whip it out.

And hell, she does it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBSuqPZugQ...a%20battlefield

I forgot how good Carrie was. I hope the girls here find the kind of power she had in her voice, cause only Mandisa has been able to really connect and it didn't really do anything for me. Maybe the big stage and the live musicians will inspire them.

Taken from the Idol forum via DVDVR, here's what the dudes are singin Weds Night:

Will Makar - "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor

Taylor Hicks - "Taking It To the Streets" by Michael McDonald

Gedeon McKinney - "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge

Kevin Covais - "Vincent" by Don McClean

Chris Daughtry - "Broken" by Seether

Ace Young - "Butterfly" by Michael Jackson

Elliott Yamin - "Heaven" by Bryan Adams

Daughtry knows how to pick his songs and could be one of the best of the night. I am expecting Yamins to be tops, however. I haven't heard the song in question, but Hicks doing a Michael McDonald song is right up his alley. Ace doing Butterfly could be feast or famine. Doesn't really matter as all those guys are going through. Covais and Makar have no hope, as I think Gideon _could_ do a poor job of "When a man loves a woman" because I think he lacks the power and emotion to get behind it (though his Sam Cooke was pretty darn good) to but his voice fits it enough to be suitable for anyone who votes for him and the judges will probably love it if he does it as well as he did Cooke.

yeesh...unless Will and Kevin go balls to the wall and kill it out there, those two are history.

While I have no doubts Tayor will nail that song, I'm worried he won't be able to adjust come genre changing time.

To me, Elliot may be the only one who can survive the genre changes...Chris is solid, but he may not be able to handle shit like showtunes and country.

What's Bucky doing?

I think that Chris will kind of go the Bo route from last year during the genre changing time and always kind of lean it towards rock style. Bo actually gained some momentum during genre changes when you would have expected him to drop off.

From molly: Any Idol scoop? Who you rooting for?

I'm all about Chris Daughtry, and apparently, I am not alone! Randy Jackson told Access Hollywood that "Chris just got an offer to be in the band Fuel. The lead singer is gone, so they are trying to get it together." (The band's singer, Brett Scallions, bowed out of the group last month.) I'm guessing this happened because of his incredible rendition of "Hemorrhage" by Fuel last week. But, of course, it ain't happenin' because Daughtry is under contract to AI till the end of time. So you betta vote for him.

That's from e online. Found it interesting.

*sigh* If only Fuel lasted BEYOND that hit single...I know they've had an album or two since, but really, that's the song that most would relate to when discussing the band.

you know, if wind of that got out, fans may be more apt to vote for others to give them a chance, since, apparently, he's already got a chance in the bag...I can imagine the remaining members of Fuel can hold out for the next few months for him to finish out his AI stuff.

From molly: Any Idol scoop? Who you rooting for?

I'm all about Chris Daughtry, and apparently, I am not alone! Randy Jackson told Access Hollywood that "Chris just got an offer to be in the band Fuel. The lead singer is gone, so they are trying to get it together." (The band's singer, Brett Scallions, bowed out of the group last month.) I'm guessing this happened because of his incredible rendition of "Hemorrhage" by Fuel last week. But, of course, it ain't happenin' because Daughtry is under contract to AI till the end of time. So you betta vote for him.

That's from e online. Found it interesting.

This is from Fuel's website. Curiouser and curiouser.

Would've been funny if Ace sang Crazytown's "Butterfly" instead of Jacko's. But if he fucks up again, I vote for Rich Franklin (broken appendages and all) to do a run in to "take back" the "Ace" moniker.

I hope to see Kellie on CMT very soon.

Given her naivete, we'll probably see Kellie stripping at a Club Near You very soon...

Well I think 4 boys are on the chopping block tonight. As I have said before, I really like Will, but I do think he is one of the guys that could go. I love James Taylor, but he needs something stronger than that to assure himself a spot in the top 12. Kevin is obviously vunerable as he was in the bottom 3 last week. The only thing he has going for him is the likeability factor. He'd better work it extra hard tonight. I think Gedeon is also expendable at this point. If he performs as well as he did last week, he will probably be fine though. Then there is Bucky. He isn't even listed on your song selection list Rudo, but I think it is safe to assume it's something country. I think Bucky is the most likely to go. He isn't very good, and he has the same "aw shucks" personality as Kellie, but where she comes off as cute, he comes off as being retarded.

Guest Princess Leena

That Chris guy was supposed to be good? Fuck, that was horrible. He hacked up my beloved emo song. Lose.

Guest Princess Leena

Nobody is here. Oh well.

The little boy sang a pretty song, and sang it ok, but he probably should have waited like 5 years before trying for something like this.

Guest Princess Leena

What is this gross pale guy doing on there. He sucked too.

Chris, bombed that one. The little is impossible to take seriously, Bucky isn't an "Idol'...

A couple weeks ago, we thought the men were going to handle the girls but the girls are stepping up while the guys aren't getting the job done.

Guest Princess Leena

I should probably leave this thread before I get flamed for my negativity. :P

Guest Princess Leena
Chris, bombed that one.

Glad I'm not alone. He was off key and noticeably screaming. I'm shocked the judges didn't insult him. It was REALLY bad.

I liked Chris. But not as much as the last couple of weeks. He was a lot worse, but still good IMO.

He needs to get away from this type of song for a week to show what he can do.

Guest Princess Leena

Well, Taylor certainly was unique. :P At least he's having fun.

Guest Princess Leena

Elliott has a nice voice, I can see him being the top guy... but, that was a crappy song choice.

Guest Princess Leena

Ace is trying to sing like he has no balls. Yuck. Is he like purposely trying to lose.

They need to eliminate the Savages (Will and Kevin), Kinnik and I guess Melissa although I will miss her curves.

Guest Princess Leena

The only guys that impress me are Elliott and Taylor.

I'm guessing the Savage guys leave as well. Although, Ace really needs to leave as well, but he has the semi-attractiveness going for him.

Gedeon-not bad, he'll make it to the top 12

Chris-nothing special, but he'll make it through...Final 4.

Kevin-you know, Kevin really is a pretty decent singer, he's just doesn't have the charisma to make it through...he's done come tomorrow.

Bucky-he's decent for what he is, he'll barely make it through...he'll definently get a bottom 3 scare tomorrow

Will-ugh, please get this Barron look alike outta here (look at him, guys, that's Barron, minus the glasses...not Kevin)

Taylor-not his best, but you just gotta love this guy...he'll be in the Final 3.

Elliot-off night, but he's the best all around of the guys. Final 3.

Ace-eh I don't know, it didn't suck, but at the beginning it seemed like he hit the falsetto and didn't know how to come back down. Top 5, one of the girls (Katherine or Mandisa) will edge him out for the Final 4.