TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Taylor's starting to fall in that Chris territory of sounding the exact same every week, nothing new or fresh...I hate to say it....really, guys like them are above this sort of competition, all they needed was exposure...Mandisa as well.

Its kinda hard to do something different when you are limited to a certain style and everyone else is trying to do the same thing. AI can't be to selective every week on certain themes. Like a Queen theme is good for Rock Star, but if they had a 70's theme instead you can get more variety and better performances from everyone else.

Guest The Satanic Angel
Its kinda hard to do something different when you are limited to a certain style and everyone else is trying to do the same thing. AI can't be to selective every week on certain themes. Like a Queen theme is good for Rock Star, but if they had a 70's theme instead you can get more variety and better performances from everyone else.

My only guess is that they're using such different themes to not sound redundant from year to year. Unfortunately, it makes them redundant in one show.

Ace Young - We Will Rock You

Bucky Covington - Fat Bottom Girls

Kellie Pickler - Bohemian Rhapsody

Chris Daughtry - Innuendo

Elliott Yamin - Somebody to Love

Katharine McPhee - Who Wants to Live Forever

Paris Bennett - The Show Must Go On

Taylor Hicks - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Wait, are these the actual picks or your guesses, Rudo?

If so, then Pickler's gonna need some help from her fans. Like I said before, Bohemian Rhapsody NEEDS the guitar solo or it doesn't work. This would be at best about MiG-level decent, and that's a stretch.

Also, the studio audience for Idol are generally sitting on their hands. Normally the only one that stands up is Paula, and we're about 99% sure why that is.

Idol really needs to take a page from Rock Star, Nashville Star and even their semifinal rounds - keep the competitors visible, because inevitably THEY get into the other singers and provide some extra life into the proceedings.

Got them from DVDVR which got them from USA today or somethin.

USA Today. Figures.

(edit) BTW, that's not meant in a good way. Anyways, here's the article

Finalists hail to the Queen

By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

Here are the Queen songs the Idol finalists will be singing — and their comments.

•Ace Young, We Will Rock You: "I urbanized the verses a little, just by riding on (the notes). I put a little R&B soul on it. When we were done, they said, 'That sounds like a record.' "

So Ace puts some R&B flavour into a song that needs none. Lovely

•Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls: "Yes, we all love the fat-bottomed girls."

I guess Bucky's an ass man.

•Chris Daughtry, Innuendo: "It's a relatively unknown song. It just had a mixture of a dark feel and a positive message. And I just found out they've never performed this live."

Maybe there's a reason for it?

•Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love: "I was drawn to the passionate emotion of the song. I heard a lot of soul in it."

This seems more like a song for the ladies.

•Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever: "How could (this) not be fun? We're working with so many different legends."

•Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody: "We only have 1 minute and 30 seconds, and the song is really long. Having to cut so many pieces is really hard to memorize, because I'm not singing the song as it's originally played."

So again, why choose it?

•Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On: "Being with the band was a big experience to me, never being with a rock band before. I was able to pick a song that fits me, that's still rocky."

Methinks Paris has been into Paula's happy pills.

•Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love: "You listen to a Queen song, it's really melodic and very powerful, and the dynamics (are) really cool."

Um, yeah.

I think Crazy little thing called love fits Taylor, but didn't someone sing that like 3 weeks ago? Too soon for a repeat performance.

First performance week someone did it (the swing guy, I can't remember his name)

Wow, its going to be a real sucktacular AI tonight.

I'd be fucking different and do like Don't Stop Believing. I mean about half of the Americans won't know who it is, let alone who Queen is.

Randy would've sucked my dick if I sung that song.

I'd be fucking different and do like Don't Stop Believing. I mean about half of the Americans won't know who it is, let alone who Queen is.

You'd sing a Journey song on Queen night?

Guest Coffey

My favorite contestant, Taylor, singing my favorite Queen song, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

I wonder why no one did "Another One Bites The Dust?" Or "Killer Queen" for that matter.

You'd sing a Journey song on Queen night?

If the goal is to have Randy fellate you, then I guess that would work...

True, but like I said, about half the audience wouldn't know who Journey was until someone mentioned it.

Besides, with all of those choices on there, its pretty easy to top any of the songs the contestants are singing.

Why is Chris not doing Tie Your Mother Down, or anyone for that matter

And I'd want someone to do The Prophet Song, but naaaa never gonna get that.

Guest Princess Leena

Did Pickler sing yet? Please update me after her performance.

Bucky > Ace again.

Ace murdered that song.

Pickler's up next. It's NOT going to be good based on the little preview.

"On paper?"

"He has the weirdest terminology"

"It's his accent, I don't understand what he's saying"

God she is very difficult to look at. Fire the stylist.

Anyways, yeah, better than it should have been. Kinda reminded me of Underwoods "Love is a battlefield" performance, but lacking the strength and balls.