TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit

I've listened to it once, and I'm with you. I think I need a couple more listens before I can really form an opinion about it.

I'm not even a huge B&S fanboy, but it's been a long time since something new has made me this excited. This album provokes reactions in me. Happy things, good feelings, etc.

I'm into B&S - and this album ROCKS. It kind of remidns me of The Boy With The Arab Strap and Dear Catastrophe Waitress meshed into one awesome combination.

Make me a list and I'll get to stealing/buying.

The Life Pursuit for the current B&S sound; If You're Feeling Sinister for their sad bastard early stuff. Push Barman to Open Old Wounds collects their EPs spanning 1997-2001 and serves as a good overview of their work.

I'm into B&S - and this album ROCKS. It kind of remidns me of The Boy With The Arab Strap and Dear Catastrophe Waitress meshed into one awesome combination.

I don't dig TBWTAS so much; I like DCW, but it leans a little too heavy towards sunshine-and-lollipops-and-gee-aren't-we-so-fucking-cute at times. With one possible exception, TLP is more about the songs than the schtick.

Noted. I'll add these to the queue behind 69 Love Songs for stuff to check out once I get to take a breather from my thesis. And I'd like to point out that, at my laptop's current resolution, I can get three Steve Perry animated gifs on the screen at once. It's hypnotic.

Noted. I'll add these to the queue behind 69 Love Songs for stuff to check out once I get to take a breather from my thesis. And I'd like to point out that, at my laptop's current resolution, I can get three Steve Perry animated gifs on the screen at once. It's hypnotic.

The Magnetic Fields. That guy has an awesome voice.

I don't dig TBWTAS so much; I like DCW, but it leans a little too heavy towards sunshine-and-lollipops-and-gee-aren't-we-so-fucking-cute at times. With one possible exception, TLP is more about the songs than the schtick.

yeah. I think it works with the best from both sounds. Another Sunny Day is awesome :headbang:

I think the first half is better than the second, just cos I don't really like 'Act of the Apostle II'. But yes, this is a fine work. It's worth reiteratating how impressive their return to consistent form has been.

I just got Push Barman to Open Old Wounds. Should serve as a good introduction to B&S.

Guest abowen33

This is my favorite album of the year so far. I probably prefer 'If You're Feeling Sinister' a bit more overall though. Mainly because I am a sad bastard.

I was left with the options of seeing them in concert Sunday and quiting my new job, or missing out and being able to buy food. I wonder if I made the right choice.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

stupid bump

I got this album in late June, and really took a liking to it, especially "Dress Up In You" and "Sukie in the Graveyard." It loses a little steam after "We Are the Sleepyheads," because you can't really sustain that sort of thing forever.

"Another Sunny Day" is now my third favorite B&S song, after "Lazy Line Painter Jane" (#1) and "The State I Am In" (#2).

I don't feel so strongly about "Another Sunny Day" now, though I still like it quite a bit. Also, I hate "For the Price of a Cup of Tea"; "Funny Little Frog" is fine by me.

"Dress Up in You" by a country mile, personally, but I come back to "White Collar Boy" and "Act of the Apostle" frequently. I agree with Czech, though - the second half of the album is a bit weaker than the stellar stuff up front.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Can't believe it took me so long to find these guys. (I say this a lot.) This album is my favorite, though I like Dear Catastrophe Waitress a lot too.