TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Autistic HS Senior basketball player

Anyone else see this story? the kid gets to play for the first time and he came into the game and made 6 3-pointers in a four minute span. The video is very cool as well but I am not sure if it is on the internet since I only saw it on TV.

I would've fouled him and sent him to the line after the 3rd shot in a row. That's just me. Something would've snapped in me seeing how the crowd was hopping mad for this. I know their intentions were good, but I would've interpreted it as "they're all laughing at you because the autistic kid is lighting you up" and then the boo birds would come out as I basically wrap this kid up anytime he touched the ball and send him to the line or they'd have to take the ball out of bounds.

I would've fouled him and sent him to the line after the 3rd shot in a row. That's just me. Something would've snapped in me seeing how the crowd was hopping mad for this. I know their intentions were good, but I would've interpreted it as "they're all laughing at you because the autistic kid is lighting you up" and then the boo birds would come out as I basically wrap this kid up anytime he touched the ball and send him to the line or they'd have to take the ball out of bounds.

Because some would have been laughing at you for letting an autistic kid light you up.

I know. It's high school. I know a gym full of high school kids aren't going to have the "good intentions" cheering about them. I'd end up focusing on the shithead kids and then I'd end up tackling Rain Man before he hit any more 3's.

I know. It's high school. I know a gym full of high school kids aren't going to have the "good intentions" cheering about them. I'd end up focusing on the shithead kids and then I'd end up tackling Rain Man before he hit any more 3's.

Yeah, after the second three I think it's time to knock him down. Pull a Rodman.

I know it's easy to 'threaten' on the internet, but if I was in HS and someone hard-fouled the autistic kid ... I'd likely beat the bag out of them the next day at school.

I know it's easy to 'threaten' on the internet, but if I was in HS and someone hard-fouled the autistic kid ... I'd likely beat the bag out of them the next day at school.

Beatings heal, the jokes from getting your ass schooled by the autistic kid last all year. Plus he's not from your school, do whatever it takes to win the game including level the kid. Least then you are treating him as an equal. Anyone who is getting schooled that bad should look into the hard foul.

To clear up, hard foul to me is just foul so hard you knock em down. Not advocating picking him up and throwing him. Hard foul, not tech foul. Hard fouls are part of the game and if he made the team on his merits, he should get equal treatment.

Know why he shouldn't get equal treatment? Because he's autistic. He's NOT equal. Not that I'd say that in front of him, or his family, but you just don't do shit like that to kids that have issues like that.

Know why he shouldn't get equal treatment? Because he's autistic. He's NOT equal. Not that I'd say that in front of him, or his family, but you just don't do shit like that to kids that have issues like that.

Too bad. He's in a varisty sport and if he wants to play it, he gets the equal treatment. I don't care if he thinks his name is Bunny Wabbit, he's playing and he's hitting big shots. He gets fouled.

He's not a baby and most of em don't want to be treated like one. And the kid obviously worked hard to make the team, least anyone can do is treat him like a player and not a side show act.

Considering this kid's team won the game 79-43, I don't think the other team really had much of a chance to win it.

Also, he was the team's manager, not an actual player, but the coach wanted to put him in for the last home game.

Too bad. He's in a varisty sport and if he wants to play it, he gets the equal treatment. I don't care if he thinks his name is Bunny Wabbit, he's playing and he's hitting big shots. He gets fouled.

He's not a baby and most of em don't want to be treated like one. And the kid obviously worked hard to make the team, least anyone can do is treat him like a player and not a side show act.

Why don't you man up and play some D instead of fouling a retard. Would you foul a random kid who was making shots?

Guest wildpegasus

Aren't fouls illegal in basketball? Isn't basketball a noncontact sport? Why would you intentionally go after someone?

It's not hockey; it's basketball.

Oh, so THAT's why that kid looked so odd. I saw him on the news and only paid half attention to the story, all I could remember was that he was some weird-looking white kid who had a good 3-pointer.

BTW, I'm with niskie. Yes, we've all made fun of retards at some point in our lives, but if the kid went to my school, I'd be eager to slap the shit out of someone who was fucking around with him just for their own jollies.

Basketball is damn sure a contact sport.

Indeed. If you've ever been hard fouled before, you'd know this to be true.

Guest wildpegasus
Basketball is damn sure a contact sport.

Since when? You're not allowed to touch your opponent the last time I played it.

Guest Princess Leena

I wouldn't have hard fouled him... but, I would have played defense, despite what anyone tells me, and reject the shot back in his face. I'd have as much to play on that court as this autistic kid does.

Where does it stop? Next there will be some kid with no legs, and we'll stop the game, lift him up and let him drop the ball in the basket? Fuck that shit.

Guest HungryJack

Aww, you're just pissy cuz that kid would have been throwing up treys on you allllllll night.

Who ARE you people? Seriously, what the fuck are you guys being so inordinately hostile about? I figured we'd get the Tommy Westphal joke out of the way and that would be it but you guys are like "GRRR FUCKIN' AUTISTIC KID I WOULD KICK HIS AUTISTIC ASS FOR FUCKIN' WIT MY GAME!"

Why don't you man up and play some D instead of fouling a retard. Would you foul a random kid who was making shots?

The way I play, I'm always D'ing up. Now, if I'm just playing on the playground, I don't make a big deal if the guy I'm guarding is hot. However, if I was in a high school game or league game where the game counts, then I may have to foul the guy to try to stop him, especially if he's hot from 3 point land. I'm not saying I'd hard or flagrant foul, but I'd definitely make contact with the shooters arm and let the ref decide if it's a foul. Autistic or not, that's what I'd do if he were the guy I was designated to guard.

The bit about me "tackling Rain Man" was a joke. You can keep your spurs from jingling and jangling now.

Well damn, screw it. He didn't even make the team. He's not even a real player. I thought this was some story about a kid who made the team on his own merits and he didn't.

Shit, they weren't even guarding him. There wasn't even an attempt. And he didn't make the team, the coach just gave him a jersey and said, "go play". Screw fouling him then, they just basically said, "let the kid have fun".

I would have fouled him if he was a real player, but the charity case kid who is just playing just cause? Man screw it, it's not even worth the foul.

So it wasn't in a regulation game or something?

The news reports I saw made it seem like this was in a real game or something.

This is just stupid then. Basically it's "autistic kid does shoot around".