TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Shame how wasted the lightweights were in 1997. Taka was getting solid pops here too.

1997-09-15: Steve Austin Promo. Taka Michinoku vs. El Pantera

Watch for Pantera's somersault tope. Also Taka busts out his insane running springboard plancha all the way to the bottom of the steel ramp.

1997-10-20: Taka Michinoku vs. Tajiri

Tajiri was clearly made the "star" of the match with a nice Asai Moonsault and a sick snap German. Imagine if Vince had actually signed Tajiri and Kaientai to contracts for a serious lightheavyweight division *sigh*

Sabu's only WCW PPV appearence against the mysterious Mr. JL. Even though Sabu's act was quite toned down, this match is still quite different from '95 WCW. It's no wonder Sabu only lasted a month or two in WCW.

Randy Savage takes on Troy Martin (the future Shane Douglas). Plus The Piper's Pit with Adrian Adonis. The Pedro Morales promo in the middle of the Savage match reminds me a bit of Chico Escuala. It's kind of a wonder that the guy was World Champ for two and a half years

Here's a rare one. One of Owen Hart's few matches in WCW from early '91. He teams up with Ricky Morton to take on Jumpin' Joey Maggs and another less notable jobber. Featuring DDP on commentary.

Abdullah the Butcher vs Axl Rotten in XPW May 2000. Notable only cuz this was the only xpw show I ever attenned and I made it on camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F61vYbVl_X4

at 5:30 you can see me in the front row area, to the right of the fat guy with a tank top on, I had on a wwf hat and rock tshirt

as for the "match" it sjust abdulaah using a fork on xl till he bleeds, axl stapling abbys head, then ab choking out axl with a hanger

LOL at Larry Rivera giving a shout out to Maribel at the local Taco Bell

Savage becomes King by beating Duggan, followed by he and Sherri beating the shit out of him.

THE ULTIMATE GIANT~!

I need a still of that closeup about :50 in.

Edited by KingPK

The Outsiders Vs Tuff Tony "The Tiger" Washburn and Bud "Smokey" Green from NWO Saturday Night. Funny commentary by Nash here.

From The Boston Garden, one of Ted DiBiase's only matches as WWF World Champ, teaming up with Andre The Giant against Hulk Hogan and Bam Bam Bigelow.

that nwo stuff is classic

"winner of the 1978 Michigan Bob Seger Lookalike contest"

:)

those jobers were actually using the old shotgun sat nite/Billy Kidman theme there, gotta love hall and nash playing to the non-existant crowd. while they pipe in crowd noise

cool to see footage of Dibiase announced as WWF champ, in actuality if this were boxing , Andre would be allowed to forfeit the title to dibiase if he was no 1 challenger and he refused to fight him

happy 25th b-day to me. too bad I'm sick as a dog today :(

The Power Trip Destroys lita

I dont remember this but Lita took a BEATING I wasnt a big fans of hers but i have new respect for after this

I remember having a really hard time watching this back in 2001. Lita sold that attack so well. For a short time, post-WMX7 Austin was a perfect heel. His "10,000 Chairshots of Doom" was always something to watch.

The old school STIFF Pedigrees were always fun to watch too. I miss those. Did the Hardy's ever get their heat back after this?

The West Texas Rednecks "play" live on Nitro on the same night KISS played.

Another edition of NWO Saturday Night. Syxx fights the 325 pound, Bounty Hunter in the second round of the NWO Cruiserweight tournament. With The Outsiders on commentary.

The Power Trip Destroys lita

I dont remember this but Lita took a BEATING I wasnt a big fans of hers but i have new respect for after this

I remember having a really hard time watching this back in 2001. Lita sold that attack so well. For a short time, post-WMX7 Austin was a perfect heel. His "10,000 Chairshots of Doom" was always something to watch.

The old school STIFF Pedigrees were always fun to watch too. I miss those. Did the Hardy's ever get their heat back after this?

well the next night at the smackdown taping, jeff Jardy pinned HHH for the IC title with help from a chairshot by Matt Hardy. But the next RAW, HHH basically squashed Jeff to win the title back cleanly, and focus form the hardys was immediately shifted as after the match kane and undertaker came down to confront the power trip, setting up their backlash match

/so I guess yes and no as to the heat back, but remember the hardys and lita did beat HHH/Austin/stephanie in the match prior to the beating, so the score is Hardys-2, HHH/Austin- 1

Make that 3-1 thanks to the armageddon match. (as for one on one Jeff holds a 2-1 advantage, barring any tv matches I forgot.

and Jeff has beat both The Rock and HHH in his career so that cant be all bad

but dude that was a brutal beating , no wonder no one remembers it, cuz WWE would never show that footage again. I'm surprised TNN allowed that to air

"Battle of the Undefeated" - Tatanka vs. Ludvig Borga

Undertaker challenges Yokozuna (WWF Superstars)

Who's the chick interviewer on the Yokozuna video? I don't recognize her at all.

Isn't that Bonnie Blackistone from GWF? She lasted barley a month.

Yeah, that's Blackistone. I got a couple interviews on tape she did on Superstars with Sensational Sherri and Lex Luger.

Randy Savage wrestles a surprisingly competitive match against La Parka

Chris Jericho Vs Ric Flair from the first episode of Thunder (Plus a commercial for the WCW Big Boy Shopping Network with Public Enemy and DDP)

Chris Jericho Vs Lenny Lane (Funny pre-match promo here from Jericho)

Chris Jericho Vs Marty Jannetty (Another funny pre-match promo from Jericho)

Doink speaks

Well, you guys did it now. Damien Demento has read your little stupid ass comments on the internet and he is PISSED. You better watch this and be careful what you write down from now on.