TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Alice In Chains Reunited???

Unless they invented a potion that brings Layne Staley back from the dead, doesn't make me want to see it. It's like the Queen reunion, without Freddie it wasn't Queen.

Without Staley, it's not Alice In Chains.

Staley was an overrated part of the band anyways.

URINE SANE!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I loved Staley before he wasted away to nothing during the last 5 years (3 with the band), but to me, Jerry was the force behind the band.

I think Staley was always important, mainly because of his voice, but Cantrell was central. Apparently, the band never really broke up, so this is good.

Also, I went to school with a girl named Alison Chang.

Staley was an overrated part of the band anyways.

URINE SANE!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I loved Staley before he wasted away to nothing during the last 5 years (3 with the band), but to me, Jerry was the force behind the band.

nah, I agree with your thoughts on Jerry, he wrote all the songs, did a lot of singing...but Staley may have had one of the top 3 rocker voices I've ever heard, IMO.

Staley's voice just worked better than anyone else's (even Cantrell) with the music that was written. It's sad that he died, but I'd rather listen to the numerous cd's and tapes of AIC that I have than a cash grab by the surviving members.

Cantrell can do most of the singing except for like a few songs which noticablly its their biggest songs too. I mean his version of Down in a Hole, Nutshell, I Stay Way is amazing.

"Rain When I Die" is probably my all-time favorite AIC song..."Nutshell" is second.

I liked some of the songs that never got much run, "Frogs" and "Head Creeps" on the self-titled album are great.

saw on VH1 they were opening for Heart in Las Vegas? WTF???

best songs IMO

nutshell

bleed the freak

it aint like that

What the fuck? I like Heart, but I mean... wow.

Best songs:

Down in a Hole

I Stay Away

Again

Heart > Alice in Chains

Interesting.

I know very little about AIC, I know I like "Man in the Box" and "No Excuses". And I know "The Rooster" is poop.