TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

SWF Wrestler of the Month & Historian's Rankings

Who's our new wrestler of the month? What returning wrestler managed to jump into the top ten? Where's Wes Davenport? Find out all this and more below!

SWF WRESTLER OF THE MONTH - FEBRUARY 2006

WINNER: "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

SHOCKER~! The new Cruiserweight champion and member of the Asian Underground made a strong showing in February, going an undefeated 4-0.

Matches: With Michael Cross, defeated The Crimson Skull & "The Rage" Jason von Dierch... with Michael Cross, defeated Ced Ordonez & Laberinto... defeated Zyon to win the SWF Cruiserweight Championship... defeated Zyon again to retain the SWF Cruiserweight Championship.

RUNNER-UP: El Luchadore Magnifico

The World champ puts in another big month including one title defense and a total record of 3-0.

Matches: Defeated JJ Johnson to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship... defeated "The Icon" Max King... with Jay Hawke & The Crimson Skull, defeated Wes Davenport, Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix, & "The Icon" Max King.

ANOTHER RUNNER-UP: Michael Cross

Another surprise this month, Michael Cross went an impressive 5-1 as a member of the Asian Underground.

Matches: Defeated "The Rage" Jason von Dierch... defeated Arch Griffon... with "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu, defeated The Crimson Skull & "The Rage" Jason von Dierch... with "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu, defeated Ced Ordonez & Laberinto... lost to Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix... defeated The Masked Crusader.

FEBRUARY RANKINGS (last month's rank in parentheses)

#1. El Luchadore Magnifico - SWF World Heavyweight Champion (2)

#2. "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu - SWF Cruiserweight Champion (15)

#3. Jay Hawke - SWF International Champion (1)

#4. Michael Cross (16)

#5. Zyon (4)

#6. Wildchild (5)

#7. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins (18)

#8. Bruce Blank - SWF Ultraviolent Champion (7)

#9. Insane Luchador (NR)

#10. Manson (27)

#11. Wes Davenport (3)

#12. Amy Stephens (NR)

#13. Jimmy the Doom (NR)

#14. Kevin Coyote (11)

#15. Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix - SWF Tag Team Champion (12)

#16. Mistress Sarah (NR)

#17. Candace "The Joshi Dragon" Okimura (25)

#18. An Octopus (NR)

#19. Christian Fury (23)

#20. Rush Hadrian (NR)

#21. JJ Johnson (8)

#22. "The Icon" Max King - SWF Tag Team Champion (10)

#23. Stryke (29)

#24. The Masked Crusader (NR)

#25. Arch Griffon (NR)

#26. Ghost Machine 2.0 (9)

#27. The Crimson Skull (26)

#28. Laberinto (14)

#29. Ced Ordonez (28)

#30. "Urban Legend" Todd Cortez (24)

#31. "The Rage" Jason von Dierch (21)

#32. Matt Myers (22)

Removed from the list: TORU Takahara (6), The 70s Dude (13), Tim Dillon (17), Martin "Big Country" Hunt (19), Chris Card (20)

An Octopus is ranked higher than I...

That's sad.

Is the rankings cumulative from... well I guess January 1st? Just wondering, I mean the "WoTM" is obviously only based on this month's wins and losses - but what about the rankings? only this month too?

and I think honorable mentions should have gone to An Octopus dang it!

Is the rankings cumulative from... well I guess January 1st? Just wondering, I mean the "WoTM" is obviously only based on this month's wins and losses - but what about the rankings? only this month too?

and I think honorable mentions should have gone to An Octopus dang it!

The Wrestler of the Month is based on your activity for the last month alone (it includes wins and losses, but also factors such as multiple opponents and title wins or defenses).

The full rankings are based on your activity over the last *two* months, however it is weighted so that the last month counts for two-thirds of your score, and the month before that counts for the other one-third.

Hope that answers your question.