TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

Guns 'N' Roses - Catcher In The Rye

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0G58257...XZ2K2PYZMR6TTEC

Sorta rough sounding demo, but it's still very listenable.

I doubted Axl after hearing "I.R.S" and "Better" but IMO, this song is excellent. I can only imagine what a CD quality version of this will sound like when it's cleaned up and mixed a little better.

BTW, that's Brian May playing lead guitar.

Guns N' Roses - Catcher in the Rye

When all is said and done

We're not the only ones

Who look at life this way

That's what the old folk's say

But every time I see them

Makes me wish I had a gun

I thought that I was crazy,

Well, I guess I'd have more fun

Guess I'd have more fun

Ooh, the Catcher in the Rye again,

ooh ooh ooh, won't let ya get away from him,

It's just another day like today

You decide if I don't have to

Then they'll find

And I won't ask you

At anytime or long thereafter

If it's cold outside

Ive imagined

All Alone

Oh, oh.

Ooh, the Catcher in the Rye again,

ooh ooh ooh, won't let ya get away from him.

It's just another day like today.

When all is said and done

We're not the only ones

Who look at life this way

That's what the young folk's say

As if they'd ever change

That's not, who am I to say?

But every time I'd see them

Makes me wish I had a gun

If I thought that I was crazy

Well I guess I'd have more fun

It's what used to be's not there for me

And ought to find someone that belonged insane like I do

Not an ordinary day

Back in an ordinary way

All at once this song I heard

No longer would it play for anybody

Or anyone

That needed coming from somebody

Needed coming from someone who cared to be

Not like you, unlike me

In an ordinary way for me

Somebody set the wheels in motion

Hearts are memories

You weret the instrument

You were the one

How about it?

Took the body

Gave that boy a gun

Took our innocence

Beyond our stance

Some type of moment

There you got it

All alone in jail today

At the rate tracks are leaking though we'll probably have the album by the end of the month

That actually wans't too bad.

JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

Boo Fucking Hoo Jon

Boo Fucking Hoo.

Anyway...I haven't listened to the track yet. But I wish they'd leak me a demo of The Blues. That was the best song of three songs he played in his brief comeback a few years ago (Although the song Chinese Democracy did rock pretty hard live)

Anyway...back to Bon Jovi...

I think what pisses him off is that if he disapeared for 13 years...not only would no one notice...but it would take about a year for everyone to forget who he was.

Wow, decent.

I wonder who played what parts on the song. Its probably like 24 guitarist playing the whole song, and Axl will be the wise ass and say he played all of the guitar parts.

I'm not that impressed with it to be honest. It certainly does not justify the years of hype this album has had. Then again, nothing was going to. Still, Brian May on guitar is pretty cool.

SCOTT WEILAND Says AXL ROSE Is A 'Fat, Botox-Faced, Wig-Wearin' F*ck' - Mar. 10, 2006

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland has slammed GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose for his comments in a recent press release where he claimed that in October of 2005, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash visited Axl's house at 5:30 one morning and said he wanted to "end the war" with Rose. Rose alleged that Slash tore into his current bandmates in VELVET REVOLVER, calling singer Weiland a "fraud," saying that he "hates" drummer Matt Sorum and describing bassist Duff McKagan as "spineless."

The press release stated, "It would have been Axl's preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private...However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former bandmates."

Responding to Axl's comments, Weiland wrote in an open letter, "Get in the ring. Go to the gym, motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig, motherfucker. I think I'll resist the urge to 'stoop' to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck! O.K., I feel better now.

"Don’t think for a second we don't know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind — the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now, bitch?

"Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name.

"How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player 'spineless?' We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right — you bailed out on your long-awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling, shall we say, a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to. What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was."

(Velvet-Revolver.com)

The only problem I have with that...is that after listening to the Velvet Revolver album...(Which i was greatly anticipating) my first thought was that Axl and Izzy must have been the songwriters for GNR...cause Contraband blew.

I still think that "Chinese Democracy" will be horrible.

The only problem I have with that...is that after listening to the Velvet Revolver album...(Which i was greatly anticipating) my first thought was that Axl and Izzy must have been the songwriters for GNR...cause Contraband blew.

I'm almost positive those two are credited with the majority of the better GNR songs.

Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind — the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now, bitch?

"Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me.

So Axl co-wrote songs with his band mates so he's a fraud? I could swear Scott wrote most of the STP songs with his brother.

This is what former GNR manager Alan Niven, who Axl had fired in 91, had to say about the GNR lawsuits, and Axl vs. Scott Weilland

"

I MANAGED GUNS N' ROSES FROM 1986 TO 1991, AND IN SO DOING, OVERSAW THE PRE-PRODUCTION OF 'APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION', 'LIES' AND 'USE YOUR ILLUSIONS'.

I WAS ALSO PRESENT AT SEVERAL REHEARSALS DURING THE FORMATION OF VELVET REVOLVER AND I HAVE SEEN THEM PERFORM 'LIVE'. [i PASSED ON AN INVITATION TO MANAGE THE BAND, PRIOR TO THE EMPLOYMENT OF SCOTT WEILLAND, FOR PERSONAL REASONS].

CATEGORICALLY, SLASH IS UTTERLY ACCURATE - MR WEILLAND IS, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, A CLUELESS POSTURING FRAUD, OF NO PARTICULAR OR OBVIOUS ABILITIES, INCLUDING, AND MOST APPARENTLY, COMPOSITION. THE BAND IS A THOROUGH WASTE OF A TRULY GREAT GUITAR PLAYER AND TERRIFIC RHYTHM SECTION. [THEIR OUTPUT HAS BEEN ENTIRELY FORGETTABLE AND ONE DIMENSIONAL].

AS FOR MR ROSE, I HAVE NO DOUBT HE IS STILL GENUINELY AND PROFOUNDLY GIFTED, AND IT IS SELF EVIDENT THAT HE HAS PROVIDED MORE INSIGHT AND MEMORABILITY IN A SINGLE LINE OF COMPOSITION THAN MR WEILLAND HAS MANAGED IN AN ENTIRE CAREER.

FOR THE RECORD, MR ROSE WROTE THE MAJORITY OF THE MELODIES AND LYRICS ON THE GUNS RECORDS, WHICH INCLUDE THE BEST SELLING ROCK DEBUT OF OUR TIMES, WITH 16,000,000 SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE.

HE SHARED THE SPOTLIGHT WITH INDIVIDUALS WHOSE EXCELLENCE IS REFLECTED IN SUCH SALES FIGURES.

WHAT MIGHT NOT BE UNDERSTOOD IS THAT HE, AND THE OTHER BAND COMPOSERS, EMPLOYED A COURTESY SHARING OF SO CALLED MECHANICAL INCOME - GRACE AND JUDGEMENT IN ACTION.

MR WEILLAND, OF COURSE, EXHIBITS NEITHER GRACE NOR JUDGEMENT IN HIS DELUSIONAL UTTERANCES, AND IN MY VIEW, NO DISCERNABLE TALENT EITHER.

I HAVE HELD THIS OPINION FROM THOSE VERY FIRST REHEARSALS, AND CONSIDER HIM BETTER EMPLOYED BY HIS FORMER BAND, WHERE HE COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR COMPOSING ABILITIES ONCE MORE.

PERHAPS THEN WE COULD ALL GET DOWN TO THE VERY SERIOUS, AND BIG, BUSINESS OF REFORMING THE GREATEST, AND MOST RELEVANT, ROCK BAND, [DISPENSING WITH THE COURT SPATS THAT SUCK THE JUICE OUT OF LIFE ITSELF], FOR THE DELIGHT OF MILLIONS OF FANS, A MULTITUDE OF WHICH, THE SECOND AND THIRD GENERATION OF ADMIRERS, HAVE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE FLORAL ARTILLERY IN LIVING MAGNIFICENCE.

THE INDUSTRY COULD CERTAINLY USE A SHOT OF GENUINELY TALENTED FIREPOWER.

SINCERELY

ALAN NIVEN"