TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

I'm not the biggest hockey fan out there, but when did the Thrashers start having rocking crowds? When they went up 5-4 tonight it was like a playoff game at MSG. I didn't expect that kind of atmosphere.

Amazingly, the Thrashers have been very well received, and generally get really good crowds.

I say amazing because Atlanta generally has the worst fans in America. Even more amazing when you consider this team had a franchise move, presumably in part because the crowds sucked.

When they started playing well

That's no guarantee that Atlanta fans will come out.

Canucks win again, 4-3 in a shootout.

And what a brutal shootout it was, with a TEN MINUTE LONG goal review to go along with the ultra-ghey stick-measuring party. Just awful. Ditch the shootout if it's going to cause this many problems.

For those who saw it, Smyth's goal had to be good. Auld was in the net and the puck was clearly under him.

The Ducks keep winning and I can't wait for the Kings game tomorrow. From what I understand, the changes that have been made in LA are really good, and the players really like the new coach.

Wow, not 10 minutes into the game, and it's 4-0 Flyers over the Senators.

Flyers were fresh, Senators were not. Philly was skating circles around Ottawa in the first ten minutes.

You could tell that the Sens expended most of their energy last night in the crucial divisional win over Buffalo.

MOC is gone, I'm betting Sully will be shown the door as well. The season is over.

It was over with the Thornton trade, but that's neither here nor there. Now Moneybags Jacobs needs to pry the ol' billfold open a little more to allow the new GM to throw a little more money around.

Anyone see the fight between Brashear-Umberger? Chris, my money's on you. Pretty good, but I swear to God I saw Brashear use his knees a couple times.

Cheechoo's up to 46 goals. I might give Thornton the Hart nod even without a playoff spot but the Sharks are back in the playoffs*.

*pending result of Nucks-Oilers.

Brashear-McGrattan. It wasn't as good as Fedoruk-Gratton tonight, but it was good.

The Kings did not look like the Kings, they looked like a completely different team. I'm real excited, and can't wait for the Kings-Nucks game on Monday. It's safe to say that the loser of that game is in deep shit. If the Kings continue to play like they did tonight, they'll have no problem getting in. The new coach decided that he'd rather have them shoot than cycle the puck around. Pretty fucking simple idea if you ask me.

Oh yeah, Roenick has a fracture in his ankle, so his sorry ass is gonna be out of the lineup. Tonight couldn't be better for the Kings.

I bet Kovalev will get suspended for his roaring elbow he did on Tucker.

I'd give the man a raise after leveling tucker like that.

I think the elbow was overrated. Looked more like a solid forearm shot. I would have only given a roughing call for it, not a 5 minute major.

I like how Tucker got up and tried to be Mr. Tough guy. Oh and how he tried to dispute the elbow against Komisarek in the second period because it was a clean hit. If I was a real asshole ref, I would've said two for charging as well.

MOC is gone, I'm betting Sully will be shown the door as well. The season is over.

Yeah, Sinden made it seem like Sullivan is a dead man coaching at this point. Didn't directly say that he'd be let go, but didn't give anything close to a vote of confidence, either. The good news for B's fans, though, is something that the Boston Globe said this morning, pretty much that Sinden's tenure in the front office "could end sooner than some would expect".

Of course, knowing the B's mentality, the new front office will be Jacobs POS kid & Jeff Gorton, who's done nothing but drink the Jacobs kool-aid.

Lets do what Chicago doing for coaching, hire half-decent players for coaching jobs.

Thus, Boston new coach will be Don Sweeney.

Lets do what Chicago doing for coaching, hire half-decent players for coaching jobs.

Thus, Boston new coach will be Don Sweeney.

Craig Janney sits and cries somewhere. Rumours on the Hotstove last nite were either of the Sutters and Espo, but all were considered long shots.