TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

I just saw a fat girl at Subway who was hairier than I am.

And I dress up as a Wookie by putting on tan pants and taking off my shirt.

The girl had a goatee... a GOATEE people.

I nearly couldn't order my food.

Facial hair on females might be the most repulsive thing ever. There are certain things I understand women can't do anything about but EVERYBODY can get rid of a 'stache. Or in your case, a goatee.

I'm really craving for some nice Salmon Sashimi, but living in isolation in the oil sands, it's not going to happen until I go to Edmonton on the 14th.

Did Powerade do away with Jagged Ice? I haven't seen it anywhere for quite a while.

I haven't seen it either but I got some Powerade today and they had "grape".

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

For lunch today, I'm having chili, pumpkin pie, and some apple cider, then some vanilla chai tea. Fun fall food.

Guest Vitamin X

Yesterday, I ate:

Breakfast - Screwdrivers, bloody marys, krispy kreme donuts.

Lunch - Beer and brats, sausages, meat and cheese plates

Dinner - Home-made burrito and leftover beer

Possibly the worst day of eating I've had in a while, and believe me, I'm feeling it today.

I was just reflecting yesterday on how much I really love fall. I used to think summer was my favorite season, but with the weather here, fall is so much more enjoyable. I like going out in at least a jacket or something and jeans and walking around with leaves crunching underneath, going to watch football games, and being able to drink hot coffee if I want comfortably. I can't drink hot drinks in hot weather at all. But now is the season of soups and chili! Cinnamon laced everything! Apples! This is all good stuff.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Yeah, cinnamon everything is right. I had some herbal tea last night that was basically cinnamon and anise in a bag. It numbed my throat. I'll revisit that.

I'm going to try some giardiniera relish in my chili. That should give it an added kick, along with the red pepper I always put in.

Guest Vitamin X

Cinnamon and beer are both great additions to chili. The alcohol in the beer won't even affect you, Czech, if you're worried about it. It just blends in and gives added heartiness to the chili.

Speaking of which, as a curiosity, since you don't drink, what's the policy on people who don't drink and wine-based sauces and foods, or like the aforementioned beer in the chili?

So that Sonic finally opened today and I ended up waiting about an hour and 15 minutes to get in and out of there (this was after I had to circle around once because the lot was full). Good times.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Speaking of which, as a curiosity, since you don't drink, what's the policy on people who don't drink and wine-based sauces and foods, or like the aforementioned beer in the chili?

I consume all sorts of food cooked with beer, wine, and spirits, and don't really give it a second thought, but I'm not approaching this from some fundamentalist Christian objection to the mere existence of alcohol. I could drink if I wanted to, by the way. I feel like I'm far enough removed from any depression I may have had that I would be able to handle drinking sparingly.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh I was aware of that, I just knew you didn't drink because of people you knew and that it wasn't that big of an attraction to you anyways.

Well, from a Biblical standpoint, the Bible doesn't forbid the consumption of alcohol, it forbids drunkenness (and, not for nothing, pretty much all the heroes of the Bible do it anyway from time to time).

So last week, my roommate took acid and cooked my fucking $15 New York steak and then bailed out to Santa Cruz. She just came back today, and I'm making her go and get me a new one tonight, because I am desperately short on shit in the fridge. Anyways, I'm consistently at a loss as to what to cover it in. I tried a buerre rouge sauce, but it didn't turn out right at all. Any suggestions? It'll be made with pasta.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm not sure how you're thinking about incorporating it with pasta, but a good thing to do with it would be a pepper cream sauce. Try Alton Brown's version down below:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-b...cipe/index.html

Also, I would just go with a red wine reduction or something, or just deglaze the pan with said wine, or cream or something after you cook the pasta in garlic, olive oil, and butter. Here's a quick primer on deglazing: http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo...1,1347679.story

Personally, I tend to agree with LOTC on this one. Just enjoying a really high quality NY strip steak on its own with a bit of seasoning to bring out its flavor with some garlic mashed potatoes, maybe some chopped shallots in there or something, is perfect. If you have any mushrooms in the fridge (the ones that don't make you trip out, although I guess you could probably use those as well) you could make a pretty easy gravy with it by boiling it then reducing it with a bit of cream and sifted flour whisked in.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If you dick around with that steak, you should slap yourself. Cook it n eat it.

For the record, I never dick around with steaks. I just got reminiscent of my favorite restaurant back home, which featured an amazing NY steak with a mushroom and onion sauce. Best shit ever.

Guest Vitamin X

balance it out with some weed. It might even make the whole experience better, if you can handle bud normally anyways.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I always ate a large meal before dropping acid, if only so I could experience taking a shit on acid, which is the most fun a person can have.

Not being a hardcore baseball fan, and not having any sort of emotional investment in either the Phillies or the Rays, there's only one thing I want to know about the World Series: What's the free taco count?

I think they're only giving one away.

If an eligible base was stolen during the Games, Taco Bell will make an announcement through selected media channels, including a press release and its web site (www.tacobell.com), that eligible consumers can obtain their free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 (if base is stolen in Games 1-4 on October 22, 23, 25 or 26) OR Monday, November 3, 2008 (if base is stolen in Games 5-7, October 27, 29 or 30) ("Redemption Date") only. To obtain the Free Taco, consumers must visit any participating Taco Bell® restaurant in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. (local time) on the Redemption Date only and request a Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. Free Tacos will not be offered on any other date or time, regardless of circumstance. Limit one (1) Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco per person. Participating Taco Bell restaurant manager reserves the right to deny Free Taco to any person he/she reasonably believes has already received a Free Taco or has engaged in any other fraudulent activity. All eligible consumers: Everyone in line at a participating Taco Bell restaurant before 6:00 p.m. local time will receive a Free Taco, even if it is provided after 6:00 p.m. Free Taco offer is subject to store availability and Taco Bell reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value if due to unavailability. All restaurant managers' decisions are final regarding to Free Taco offer. As a condition of the offer, each consumer agrees: (a) to release, and hold harmless Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., MLB Advanced Media, L.P., MLB Media Holdings, Inc., MLB Media Holdings, L.P., MLB Online Services, Inc., the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the Major League Baseball Clubs, and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns (hereinafter, "MLB Entities"), Sponsor and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and franchisees, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents ("Promotional Parties"), from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, injuries, damages and/or liabilities, that may arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in this Promotion or from the receipt or use or misuse of the Free Taco, or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of the Free Taco (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; © all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Free Taco or any advertising, marketing, promotion or publicity materials in connection therewith, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. By participating, each consumer agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, consumer's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.

Bartlett stole second in game 1, free tacos for all. But it's only on one day. I guess if you want more than one, get a fake mustache or go to a different Taco Bell.

All I can think about right now is eating a chili dog...

Good thing I do not have one within my reach...

Great... now I want a chili dog. :angry:

Guest Tzar Lysergic

How does fried batter with gravy need a defense attourney? Shit's delicious.

Traditionally it's baked, but yeah it's awesome - why would anyone need to defend it. The taste and texture is such a perfect compliment to a roast, plus Toad in the Hole is genius (essentially yorkshire pudding with sausages cooked in it, lots of gravy is vital). Because the batter doesn't really go soggy with all the other stuff it works so well, I've seen meals involving a giant yorkshire pud filled with gravy, meat and veg. Good stuff!