TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

TNA Impact Spoilers for 3/18 and 3/25

Grabbed from the TNA Forums

Here are BarbaricWrestling.com's spoilers, photos from the tapings will be up later tonight on the site.

March 18, 2006 iMPACT Results

Scott Steiner and Jarrett's crew come out to start the show, Steiner says that Christian is going to be an ex-champion soon, we want Christian chants then errupted. Steiner then went on to talk about how he is the new face of TNA, and how he wants to beat up Sting again, he also mentioned that he hasn't signed a contract yet. Steiner then hugs Jarrett as he continued the promo. He ends the promo by bashing the fans, and he, Jarrett, and Jarrett's crew leave the ring.

Zbysco comes on and says on next week's iMPACT the main event is Team Canada vs. Team 3D in a six sides of steel match. Joe inturrupts, and asks for a rematch, he then beats the **** out of Jeremy Borash. Zbysco says Joe will have an opponent next week.

Sonjay Dutt def. Elix Skipper and Maverick Matt Bentley in a triple threat, Bentley got tons of heat.

Team 3D cut a promo backstage on Team Canada.

Abyss def. Cassidy Riley in a squash match. After the match, James Mitchell announced that it's Christian Cage vs. Abyss at Lockdown. When Mitchell said the word humiliation, Alex Shelley came out and said that "Humiliation" would be a great documentary.

Shark Boy & Norman Smiley def. Machete & Homicide (LAX) after some miscommunication between the LAX. After the match Homicide and Konnan turned on Machete and beat him up.

Ron Killings, AJ Styles, Rhino & Chris Daniels vs. AMW, "The Prince of Punk" Shannon Moore & Alex Shelley AJ pinned Moore with the Styles Clash, in Moore's possible final TNA match.

March 25, 2006 iMPACT Results

Scott Steiner & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Naturals never started, because Steiner beat up The Naturals with a chair and threatened Don West.

The LAX cut a promo and bashed Machete, Bullet Bob inturrupted them, and challeneged Konnan to an arm wrestling match.

Samoa Joe came out and said that he is moving up to the heavyweight division, and he will take on Sabu at Lockdown.

Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal def. The Diamonds In The Rough when Sabin hit the Cradle Shock on Young. Lethal ****ed up a move and might be injured, he was helped to the back after the match.

Backstage D'amore whined to Zbysco about the Team 3D/Team Canada cage match.

Samoa Joe def. Puma in a good match, it looks like Puma earned a spot on the roster.

Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal def. Hotstuff Hernandez (in his TNA debut) & Homicide (The LAX). Hernandez was dominant, but Sabin pinned him.

Christian Cage came out before the match and he talked to the fans, he also gave out shirts. Christian also called Borash a metrosexual and Ryan Seacrest impersonator.

Team 3D def. Team Canada in the Six Sides of Steel is going on right now. The match was pretty good, Eric Young was bleeding A LOT and took most of the sick bumps. The match ended when Team 3D got the pin on Young after a 3D. AMW and Team Canada beat up Team 3D after the match, and broke a hockeystick on Devon's back. Lethal, Sabin and Sonjay tried to make the save, but failed. Brother Ray got thrown through a table that was set up in the corner. After the match Team Canada put a Candian flag on Team 3D, and sang the canadian national anthem. Chris Harris then tried talking trash to Dory Funk Kr., so Dory knocked him out.

-------------

Too bad that the blowoff to Joe/Daniels/Styles had to end like that this weekend. Looks like Joe's gonna move up, which hopefully they'll describe it as a shift to the heavyweight division, not just climibing the ladder to it. That'd make the divisions seem equal.

Norman Smiley on Impact! Sweet. I wonder if Shelley's gonna be having another film coming out...

And I guess this is Shannon's last show.

Apparently their new booking strategy is to deprive the audience of what they actually want to see (Christian and Sting) so they'll buy the PPV out of desperation.

So no Joe wrestling, no Sting, no Christian. I guess I continue buying the pay-per-views only. One thing I can say about TNA is on average they put out a good pay-per-view.

Guest J0bber

You guys are forgetting that Christian, Joe, and Sting may not be on because they have backstage angles that weren't revealed at the tapings.

Cmon TNA get your shit together. This isnt the kind of show(s) you put out after having shitty ratings the past few weeks and then a downgrade on Thursday nights, plus a small letdown of a ppv. Them doing a cage match to build the ppv shows a complete lack of creativity here and to be quite honest, they dont deserve that chance to be on primetime on Thursday when you are doing things such as this. Jarrett and/or D'Amore need to allow someone else to take over the book because this is just fucked.

Heres hoping backstage vignettes make up for the lack of punch in these spoilers. Jarrett and Steiner running NWOish over others just comes off second rate WCWish, and next thing I expect, we'll see Hall & Nash make a power play to either oppose them or join them to make it even more dull. In fact Nash and Waltman already tried to get in as a face team, so thats not that far fetched.

Guest Princess Leena

Yawn. I get bored just reading the spoilers. I may sound like I'm not a TNA fan... which is not true, I enjoy most of the PPV's. But, it's really hard for anyone to defend Impact!.

Looks like Joe's gonna move up, which hopefully they'll describe it as a shift to the heavyweight division, not just climibing the ladder to it.

But, they're not equal. Just because he dominated talented little guys in the X-Division, they're still little guys, and TNA books them as such. If TNA must push him to the main event as this unbeatable wrestling specimen... best to let him go through the mindless torture division.

A main event scene of Christian/Joe/Jarret/Stiener/Sting doesn't sound too bad with Monty, Abyss and Sabu as the heavyweight guys you go through depending on if you are heel or face. Hopefully once Christian is done with Abyss he actually gets some focus and push with a rematch with Jarret or face vs. face with Sting. Stiener match eventually, all the time while building up Joe to take the belt off him. Sounds ideal.

I can't understand how a company that waited 3 1/2 years to get a slot on television can put on TV like this. Mind-boggling. They better get their shit together and fast.

Guest El Satanico

Other than the konnan/bullet bob arm wrestling, I don't see what you people find so objectable.

I don't understand what TNA is doing with LAX. They seem to be portrayed as a violent and angry heel group, but they always lose. To live up to their image, they should've left Bullet Bob broken in a pool of his own blood, not lose to him. I understand losing to Shark Boy/Smiley for the kicking Machete out story, but the new guy shouldn't lose first match.

Christian Cage came out before the match and he talked to the fans, he also gave out shirts. Christian also called Borash a metrosexual and Ryan Seacrest impersonator.

I read on PWInsider.com that it's possible that this segment, while very good, won't be shown on TV, although no reason as to why was given. So the possibilty exists that Christian won't be shown on Impact at all for two weeks, supposedly selling his "rib injuries."

If true, then way to go, TNA. Not featuring your HW champ or your marqee star (Sting) for two weeks is certainly the key to success.

Wow...This is just bad. Now I understand why I haven't been making the effort to watch iMpact lately. It has gone down the shitter. The matches themselves sound better than what has been going on...but, getting rid of the Christain Promo is not good Business sense.

TNA has got to step up its game, seriously. I stopped watching the WWE because of the BS booking and nonsensical storylines. TNA doesn't need to go down this path, either.

I really don't understand Joe/Sabu at this PPV. The plan for the fall has been to make LockDown the mid-year blowoff show (assuming Genesis is the beginning of the TNA calendar and BFG is the end). Not using it as a blow-off show was the biggest problem with last year's show. The Joe/AJ/Daniels feud should end here, just like Abyss/Rhino and Team 3D/AMW likely will. Joe/Sabu is a perfect match-up to begin Joe's HW run, but this is just not the PPV to do it. The all-cage, night of brutuality gimmick only works if all the feuds are ending here, as opposed to just starting. Its the same reason AJ versus Daniels would have better last year than AJ and Abyss, even though the match itself kicked ass. For LockDown to be the signature event they want it to be (and reach the point where the name can sell itself), they have to give it a reason to stand out from every other PPV they put on...the cage does that, but the matches in it need to make sense. Its almost how when WWE did the team gimmick at the Survivor Series....the teams didn't ignore storylines. Other than that, I like that they seem to be moving away from the squashes. We'll see how it all turns out.

Guest Princess Leena

How the hell can TNA cut a Christian promo. Geez.

TNA needs to realize: You don't have many fans. Use Impact! to get fans. That's why you tried getting on Spike. If you want to use Impact! to only get the current people watching to buy PPV's... then Impact! might as well stayed as an online show.

I really don't understand Joe/Sabu at this PPV. The plan for the fall has been to make LockDown the mid-year blowoff show (assuming Genesis is the beginning of the TNA calendar and BFG is the end). Not using it as a blow-off show was the biggest problem with last year's show. The Joe/AJ/Daniels feud should end here, just like Abyss/Rhino and Team 3D/AMW likely will. Joe/Sabu is a perfect match-up to begin Joe's HW run, but this is just not the PPV to do it. The all-cage, night of brutuality gimmick only works if all the feuds are ending here, as opposed to just starting. Its the same reason AJ versus Daniels would have better last year than AJ and Abyss, even though the match itself kicked ass. For LockDown to be the signature event they want it to be (and reach the point where the name can sell itself), they have to give it a reason to stand out from every other PPV they put on...the cage does that, but the matches in it need to make sense. Its almost how when WWE did the team gimmick at the Survivor Series....the teams didn't ignore storylines. Other than that, I like that they seem to be moving away from the squashes. We'll see how it all turns out.

No kidding, ideally this ppv should probably have a lineup like this - like you said, establishing blowoffs to major feuds of the last 4-6 months.

PRESHOW

Team Canada v. Naturals

PPV

Opener - Contenders elimination match w/ 10 X division guys in a cage match spotfest to determine placement in a top ten X division lineup

James Gang & Killings v. LAX

Joe v. Styles v. Daniels

AMW v. Duds

Rhino v. Abyss

WAR GAMES - Jarrett/Steiner/Brown v. Christian/Sting/Mystery Partner (ends up being Goldberg)

I'm sorry but not only would I feel that this lineup would overall be a draw, but it would also completely blow off all of the important issues and programs for the most part. It was not hard at all to come up with a lineup like that and makes a hell of a lot more sense than moving Joe to the HW division out of nowhere with such little fanfare (they need one more three way there to really give it a final blowoff, Ultimate X did NOT accomplish that), as an example. Christian-Abyss is ridiculous to book on this card as well.

Now if you want to do Christian/Abyss at the May ppv (via Abyss going over Rhino at Lockdown) and Joe/Sabu at the May ppv as well (when Joe gets screwed out of winning back the X division belt again but yet kicks the shit out of Styles and Daniels in that match to keep his credibility high) that is more than fine, but to have it here is just rushing it way too fast and without any logic.

I'm sorry but not only would I feel that this lineup would overall be a draw, but it would also completely blow off all of the important issues and programs for the most part. It was not hard at all to come up with a lineup like that and makes a hell of a lot more sense than moving Joe to the HW division out of nowhere with such little fanfare (they need one more three way there to really give it a final blowoff, Ultimate X did NOT accomplish that), as an example. Christian-Abyss is ridiculous to book on this card as well.

Now if you want to do Christian/Abyss at the May ppv (via Abyss going over Rhino at Lockdown) and Joe/Sabu at the May ppv as well (when Joe gets screwed out of winning back the X division belt again but yet kicks the shit out of Styles and Daniels in that match to keep his credibility high) that is more than fine, but to have it here is just rushing it way too fast and without any logic.

EXACTLY! The show after LockDown should almost feel like the show after Summerslam...it should signify the start of a new direction. New feuds, the biggest of which could go at least to Slammiversary, if not Bound for Glory, should be started after this PPV. Not before. I'm all for a Christian/Abyss feud. The idea of Christian and Mitchell cutting deuling promos makes me drool. But if they really wanted Christian to defend the title at this show (not be involved in Jarrett's multi-man), then he should be facing Monty again (had they not jobbed him clean twice to Christian). A screwy finish at DX would have made a Christian/Monty cage match perfectly logical (though Christian/Abyss will be a better match). The concept just won't work if they don't book it right. The cage by itself will draw, but it will get old quickly on a three hour show unless you present it as the end all, be all. It needs to be feuds that have raged so long, they only way to settle them in is the cage. Not this match is a cage match because we said all the matches tonight would be cage matches. Urgh....I really felt like they were going to get it right this year. I was down on LockDown last year (it was easily the worst 3 hour PPV I've seen them put on, though I haven't seen them all), but I see the potential in the concept and I really applaud TNA for trying something different. An all-cage PPV does stand out...whether or not smarks like us think its stupid or not. But the way to make it mean more than "hey, have you ever seen a six-sided cage before?" is to make the matches going on it mean something. Booking Christian and Abyss's first match together in a cage would be been like the first Undertaker/Mankind match being a Hell in the Cell. They had two years of matches before they got to that point. it's so counter-productive the way they are doing it. Sorry for the rant....

PPV

Opener - Contenders elimination match w/ 10 X division guys in a cage match spotfest to determine placement in a top ten X division lineup

James Gang & Killings v. LAX

Joe v. Styles v. Daniels

AMW v. Duds

Rhino v. Abyss

WAR GAMES - Jarrett/Steiner/Brown v. Christian/Sting/Mystery Partner (ends up being Sabu)

I like your card here, but I'd put Sabu in there as the surprise and to reintroduce him. Just putting that out there.

Anyway, I gotta echo Red and Badboi's sentiments. TNA's booking has been extra cold dogshit lately. Christian winning the belt was supposed to be a turning point, but really, nothing has changed. The last batch of Impacts sucked, the PPV sucked, these Impacts will suck, and TNA's plans for Lockdown totally suck. I could book this better. Hell, I was sitting at work last weekend and just off the top of my head I booked TNA's main event through BFG. It was EASY. They're making stupid decisions for no reason.

I'm definitely hoping that the ratings continue to plummet for TNA. Maybe if it gets to a certain point, the Carters will step in and make some changes in creative.

I'm definitely hoping that the ratings continue to plummet for TNA. Maybe if it gets to a certain point, the Carters will step in and make some changes in creative.

Well, TNA did lose a primetime special show a while back and their Thursday show has been bumped up to 11:00 PM instead of the earlier time they were wanting, so you'd think TNA would quit blowing opportunities like they've done many times before. I guess TNA hasn't learned yet.

Guest nokia

"Scott Steiner also mentioned that he hasn't signed a contract yet"

* WOW..Maybe wwe will sign him back so Tna can't use him ??? lol

(btw I know he signed a short term TNA contract)....

Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal def. The Diamonds In The Rough when Sabin hit the Cradle Shock on Young. Lethal ****ed up a move and might be injured, he was helped to the back after the match.

Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal def. Hotstuff Hernandez (in his TNA debut) & Homicide (The LAX). Hernandez was dominant, but Sabin pinned him.

Does this make sense to anybody else? Sabin & Lethal wrestle twice on the same show.

And what lack of Joe are you guys talking about. He beats up an announcer, says he's moving up to the Heavyweight division against Sabu, and then has a "good" match with Puma.

Does this make sense to anybody else? Sabin & Lethal wrestle twice on the same show.

And what lack of Joe are you guys talking about. He beats up an announcer, says he's moving up to the Heavyweight division against Sabu, and then has a "good" match with Puma.

Puma vs. Joe and Sabin/Lethal vs. New LAX are not for Impact...they're for Xplosion

Samoa Joe came out and said that he is moving up to the heavyweight division, and he will take on Sabu at Lockdown.

Breaking kayfabe a little bit. You don't jusy announce you're moving up to the heavyweight division, do you?

I don't care if the other 58 minutes are devoted to Bullet vs. Konnan in an ironman wheelchair match, I will watch this show just to see Joe beat up Borash.

Guest Princess Leena

Just think... Joe should have been beating up you... and I still wouldn't watch Impact for it.

Guest nosneb

i dont understand why people are upset.

TNA is NOTHING but rehashed WCW gimmicks that FAILED in the last months of the company. Jarrett should never be allowed to promote a company. No one has cared about Jarrett since he abandoned the roaddog. I remember reading a column saying Jarrett is TNA's best face and heel and its too bad he can't wrestle himself. If that were to happen I think it would be an end to wrestling as we know it.

The only good things about TNA are:

Joe

Styles

Daniels

Abyss

the flip piledriver (not petey, just the move)

team 3d

sometimes Sabu

Christian.

and the simply fact its not WWE (yet).

Those are by far the worst tv tapings tna has had yet. Why pay sting 500k if your not going to use him on tv? no one cared about stiener when he returned in the WWE, who cares now?.

i dont understand why people are upset.

TNA is NOTHING but rehashed WCW gimmicks that FAILED in the last months of the company.

That right there is enough to get upset about cause they have potential for soooooooo much more