TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Being Irish, I hate people that say "Everybody is Irish today". Fuck you all. This is one day where I claim exclusivity and rag on anybody who isn't Irish.

I usually make that point by asking those same people if everyone is black once February rolls around.

Guest ICHIBAN~!

Yeah, I'm scottish but I have Irish blood (my father is half irish, but I hate this 'quarter irish' bullshit) so I think its my obligation to get hammered. Someone tell me about this green beer.

Guest ICHIBAN~!

Taste any different? I need to some of that. I suggested it to my brother yesterday and he was convinced it didn't exist.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've never cared about this holiday. I got sent to the principal's office once for decking some kid that pinched me.

Wow, I was just totally fuckin confused. I didn't realize that this thread was a bump, so I started reading it as if all the posts were from today, and then I saw posts dated March 18 and 19, and I was confused as fuck. For some reason the '2006' next to the dates didn't register.

Guest Eagle Man
Man, Czech sounded really bitter last year.

Why, because I'm opposed to how our culture treats St. Patrick's Day? Widespread binge drinking in America is shameful enough in and of itself, but to co-opt a religious holiday, one that the real Irish tend to take somewhat seriously, and use that as an excuse for excessive drinking and general stupid behavior, under the premise that "everyone is Irish today," is the sort of thing that any "sensitive and concerned college student" would be up in arms about if such a stance didn't run afoul of our valued drinking culture. Shouldn't characterizing the Irish as belligerent drunken idiots be the sort of thing that died with Thomas Nast? I just think the whole thing is foolish. Saint Patrick's Day is an Irish Catholic holiday. Seeing as I am neither Irish nor Catholic, I have no obligation to observe the holiday, and no business besmirching it.

I'm staying home tonight because my friends have become coke heads the last 6 months to a year and it's starting to get bad. I'm not saying I've never done it, but the truth is I haven't touched it in almost 3 months and I'm not going to do "a few lines" tonight just because it's a party "holiday."

Why, because I'm opposed to how our culture treats St. Patrick's Day? Widespread binge drinking in America is shameful enough in and of itself, but to co-opt a religious holiday, one that the real Irish tend to take somewhat seriously, and use that as an excuse for excessive drinking and general stupid behavior, under the premise that "everyone is Irish today," is the sort of thing that any "sensitive and concerned college student" would be up in arms about if such a stance didn't run afoul of our valued drinking culture. Shouldn't characterizing the Irish as belligerent drunken idiots be the sort of thing that died with Thomas Nast? I just think the whole thing is foolish. Saint Patrick's Day is an Irish Catholic holiday. Seeing as I am neither Irish nor Catholic, I have no obligation to observe the holiday, and no business besmirching it.

Nah, it's just binge drinking here now too. The only people who still go to mass for it really are boy scouts and the aged.

Roll on 2008!

Since it's kinda creepy and awkward to go to a bar by myself (not to mention they were all fucking packed by the time I got off work), I stayed home and had my customary pint of Black Fog (Guinness and Chambord) and wore my green U2 shirt and called it good.

Guest Eagle Man

Nah, it's just binge drinking here now too. The only people who still go to mass for it really are boy scouts and the aged.

Roll on 2008!

Sorry for ruining your country, Sideburnious. You know, that's close to "Hibernian."

Just got back in, I was the Designated Driver, after coming within inches of getting into a horrible wreck. I was on I-275 going south from cincinnati into kentucky when I noticed a red SUV beside me. I noticed it starting to move into my lane so I honked my horn, but they didn't hear me and they kept coming. Now there was a car on the other side of me and we were going 70. I slammed down on the gas and was able to veer in front of the car to the right of me just as the SUV fully entered my previous lane. I looked at the passenger of the SUV, and he just stared back, the chick driving was just looking straight ahead. I think they were oblivious to the fact that they came within inches of causing a horrible accident involving multiple cars at 70 mph. If they woul've bumped me at that speed I'm pretty sure my car, the suv and the car to the left of me would've spun into the concrete median or flipped, while the cars behind us would've crashed into us at 65-70 mph.

Guest Eagle Man
Just got back in, I was the Designated Driver, after coming within inches of getting into a horrible wreck. I was on I-275 going south from cincinnati into kentucky when I noticed a red SUV beside me. I noticed it starting to move into my lane so I honked my horn, but they didn't hear me and they kept coming. Now there was a car on the other side of me and we were going 70. I slammed down on the gas and was able to veer in front of the car to the right of me just as the SUV fully entered my previous lane. I looked at the passenger of the SUV, and he just stared back, the chick driving was just looking straight ahead. I think they were oblivious to the fact that they came within inches of causing a horrible accident involving multiple cars at 70 mph. If they woul've bumped me at that speed I'm pretty sure my car, the suv and the car to the left of me would've spun into the concrete median or flipped, while the cars behind us would've crashed into us at 65-70 mph.

I guess you had the luck o' the Irish to not get killed!

Yeah, fuck off. This is my saint's holiday. I had plenty of excuse to hit on any piece of ass that was near me tonight. Yeah, us evil Catholics have the GALL to celebrate shit as we see fit. Back off, WASP.

I'm mildly hungover, but it's more the slight ringing in my ears from the awesome cover band I saw last night. Any band that covers "Cars" and "Lick It Up" in the same set is OK in my book.

Once I get some food in me and some more coffee, I'll be good to go.

St. Patrick's Day has been really hit or miss for me lately.

2004: I spent the day with my girlfriend watching movies.

2005: One of my male co-workers threatened to punch another female co-worker; he was fired.

2006: I spent the day with friends enjoying some beers; nothing crazy happened.

2007: Six police officers came to my dorm after a girl was allegedly sexually assaulted; two guys got arrested.

Maybe next year will be better.