TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

42-36 with 3:40 to go? What, is this a girls game?

I was right about this being a stinker, it might be close but that doesn't exempt it from suckiness. It just leads to a possible extra quarter of suck.

Ouch, it hurts to see the Tigers play like ass like this.

It hurts us, to see the Tigers play like this as well. Probably for different reasons.

Congrats to UCLA, we'll be back again next year.

We don't want them back, if they play like this again. Geez, what a bad game (from both ends). LSU/UCLA? That doesn't scream marquee game, that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, there's been worse recently. I just hope Mason wins to really screw with CBS and seeing GMU play the "cinderella of all cinderella's" (as people will have you believe that 'Nova was in 85) in the F4, would give something of interest.

That means we're getting UCONN/Florida. Probably, Florida/LSU in the holy suck of games.

Why did it take this long to hit back to back 3's?

This game sucked more than any has sucked before. And its not even a Big East type of game where no one scores, because of great defense...It's just a shitty game. UCLA won this game, but they came out looking like shit too.

And a special Thanks to the Refs, for being extra retarded tonight. Way to help UCLA when they didn't even need it.

We don't want them back, if they play like this again.

Good to know Choken speaks for all of basketball fans.

It was one bad game you had to watch it, get over it.

We don't want them back, if they play like this again. Geez, what a bad game (from both ends). LSU/UCLA? That doesn't scream marquee game, that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, there's been worse recently. I just hope Mason wins to really screw with CBS and seeing GMU play the "cinderella of all cinderella's" (as people will have you believe that 'Nova was in 85) in the F4, would give something of interest.

That means we're getting UCONN/Florida. Probably, Florida/LSU in the holy suck of games.

Why did it take this long to hit back to back 3's?

What's the obsession with "marquee games"? There haven't really been ANY thus far in the tourney and this has been a pretty good event so far. Yes, there have been clunkers but at least 65% of the games not involving 1/16, 2/15 have been at least above average. I had UCLA losing to Texas in this game, so I won't mind seeing LSU win here. Big Baby for tourney MVP.

Ben Howland must, and I mean MUST have found a tape of that U of L vs. Memphis game from last year. Not the notorious Darius Washington missing the FTs game, but the forgotten shitfest earlier in Memphis that was 53-44 (U of L won). I kept thinking all night that this game was eerily similar to it in the total sucktitude.

That said, we're in for the nightmare of all time: Ben Howland doing his ultra shitty Pitt style with UCLA athletes.

Oh, and can we please stop hyping Rodney Carney now? What'd he have tonight, 4 points? By the way, in that horrid U of L/Memphis game from last year, he was held scoreless. I'm not going to say he was as bad as Redick, since Memphis was like a whole team of Redicks tonight.

The other night some people gave me shit in here for saying it was a bad thing that both Duke and Zaga went down. I refer you guys to these two games today and the future shitfest that will be LSU/UCLA as a counterpoint. That game is going to fucking SUCK. And whoever wins is just a token squash victim for UConn or Nova in the finals.

Actually, that LSU/Texas game wasn't terribly played....it did have intense, physical defense. But this Memphis/UCLA game tonight? The only thing that saved it from being "Worst Game Ever" was the fact that Memphis jobbed.

I'm thinking of making a ridiculously large bet on LSU next week to cover all my tournament losses. I just don't see how UCLA can beat them considering how bad they've been playing lately. They wouldn't have even gotten by Gonzaga if it wasn't for a monster choke job, and the game against Memphis might have been the worst performance in an Elite Eight win ever.

I'm thinking of making a ridiculously large bet on LSU next week to cover all my tournament losses. I just don't see how UCLA can beat them considering how bad they've been playing lately. They wouldn't have even gotten by Gonzaga if it wasn't for a monster choke job, and the game against Memphis might have been the worst performance in an Elite Eight win ever.

I'm thinking of calling up Vegas and putting $50 or more on the Tigers to win it all at 10-1.

(I'm not a huge gambler like some of you apparently are, but I don't mind putting down a bet I can afford to lose in order to pull down some serious change if it pays off. After I went against my better judgement and did *NOT* place a bet on LSU to win the NCAA Football title in 2003 at 20-1 or so, I was kicking myself for months afterwards.)

Considering how they took current favorite UConn to the wire earlier this year, losing by 1, I'd say they've got a good chance to pull it off IF they keep their heads straight against UCLA and the winner of UConn-G. Mason-Florida-Villanova.

The second LSU said "no one gave us a chance" and on top of that where shown the Buster Douglas/ Mike Tyson fight. Like they where going against one of the greatest teams of all time in Texas. Just shut up and try and beat UCLA next week.

I can actually afford quite a bit when it comes to gambling. I'm up a little over $5,000 playing poker this month, so some recreational sports betting doesn't really hurt me.

I'm down $800 on the tourney so far, and I just made a $200 bet on LSU that I think will get paid off if I win with someone at the poker room I usually play at, (although I can't be sure of course). I'm definitely going to bet some more online, but how much I'm not sure. I'd say somewhere between $250 and $800 sounds about right.

Oh, and Teke, if you can find somewhere that gives you 10:1 on LSU to win the title, you should take it in a heartbeat, but the last time I checked they're only 7:2. They're actually the second favorite to win it all right now behind UConn.

I was rooting for Memphis and LSU because I just spent like 14 days in Memphis, TN (311 Day, Raw, Beale St.) and Louisiana (St Pat's Day, left and went to GA instead).

Oh, well. 1 out of 2 isn't bad. I'm not a UCLA fan at all, so I'll be pulling for LSU. Although Princeton/UCLA from 96 (i think?) is my favorite tourney game ever, with those backdoor bounce passes just ruling and Princeton pulling the shocker late at night. Remember this?

Today I'm routing hardcore for Nova, of course. And I can't wait to see both the GMU home crowd and the "average fan" hate on UCONN. Can a miracle happen?

George Mason beating UConn would be the best thing to happen to college basketball.

I'm looking at that from a ratings standpoint, the fact that it would further increase the appeal of the tournament in regards to the fact that anyone can win, and that it furthers the case that mid-major conferences have just as much talent as the power conference teams and that they deserve at large bids. I can't wait.

George Mason beating UConn would be the best thing to happen to college basketball.

I'm looking at that from a ratings standpoint, the fact that it would further increase the appeal of the tournament in regards to the fact that anyone can win, and that it furthers the case that mid-major conferences have just as much talent as the power conference teams and that they deserve at large bids. I can't wait.

I'd like to see Mason win the whole f'n thing. It would give the CAA lots more appeal among the selection group for the future and REALLY establish that "anyone can win it" thing that we really have never seen.

I don't think GMU would be a ratings draw, at least right now there doesn't seem to be much of fanbase or bandwagon for GMU (although that could change once they hype machine kicks off to push the whole unpredicatability factor). If 'Nova takes down Florida, then you got your obvious story right there. UCLA/LSU doesn't have a "story" to push, but GMU/Nova would and so would Nova/UCONN. Basically, from a networks standpoint it's basically "anything but Florida". As it stands, CBS probably would perfer UCLA/UCONN, because those are two powerhouse names and UCLA is a good market to get. It fears a LSU/Florida match up.

It's hard to gauge if GMU would get a large surge of popularity, because some might just look at them as squash bait.

I can actually afford quite a bit when it comes to gambling. I'm up a little over $5,000 playing poker this month, so some recreational sports betting doesn't really hurt me.

I'm down $800 on the tourney so far, and I just made a $200 bet on LSU that I think will get paid off if I win with someone at the poker room I usually play at, (although I can't be sure of course). I'm definitely going to bet some more online, but how much I'm not sure. I'd say somewhere between $250 and $800 sounds about right.

Oh, and Teke, if you can find somewhere that gives you 10:1 on LSU to win the title, you should take it in a heartbeat, but the last time I checked they're only 7:2. They're actually the second favorite to win it all right now behind UConn.

According to CNNSI, LSU was 10-1 before the Texas game.

Granted, those odds have probably gotten significantly better since they took down the Longhorns, who were a 4-1 or 5-1 shot at the time.

Nova/UConn III would be a great draw for CBS.

This will be a tough game for Nova today though, simply because I don't think this is the normal Donovan team that seems to fold in the NCAAs and Noah is quite impressive.

I'd like to see Mason win the whole f'n thing. It would give the CAA lots more appeal among the selection group for the future and REALLY establish that "anyone can win it" thing that we really have never seen.

It's almost always all or nothing when it come to the mid-major schools or low seeded teams. More times than not, the cinderalla teams end up getting blown out when they finally lose.

GMU is shooting 20% and is within 6 points of uconn.

If they start to shoot well, the can win this game.

I love how the announcers are calling UConn UCAN. Mason is actually hanging around when they could be getting completely destroyed.

Course now the Huskies will have the chance to finally play with a lead in the tournament. That hasn't happened very often at the half for them.

This will be a tough game for Nova today though, simply because I don't think this is the normal Donovan team that seems to fold in the NCAAs and Noah is quite impressive.

Billy Donovan had a lot of success early in his coaching career in the NCAA's (a Sweet 16 followed by a Final Four) then he by his own admission changed the type of player he was recruiting and went after athletes first instead of building a cohesive basketball team. Beginning in 04 he went back to recruiting the type of players that brought him so much early success and its now paying dividends. I think underachieving Donovan teams are a thing of the past (for the most part) now.