TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

That doesn't have to be the end of Morrison's career though. It's assumed he'll go pro but he's only a junior, right?

I really could care less about these games tomorrow. LSU/Texas sounds like a good football game, but in hoops I could care less. And seeing Memphis win tomorrow to go to the FF is a thought that makes me sick to the core.

Come on Louisville made it that far last year. Be nice. :)

Guest Rrrsh
Stop with the "UCONN was handed the game" stuff. I don't like them but stop. They drove to the basket and Washington wasn't very good at going for the ball. No one made the big goofy guy for Washington commit that stupid foul near the end.

No one made Applebee throw the ball away instead of setting a play or calling a timeout (if they had one, don't remember). The only ones UW can blame are UW. They blew it. They had it in their hands and they dropped it on the floor.

No one in the tournament has been screwed. You either close the deal or you don't close the deal. Washington failed miserably, Gonzaga failed miserably, and Boston College failed miserably. All had it, all three blew it.

I am a ref and I hate when people blame the refs blindly. But UW had 5 plays fouled out and the fouls were one sided from the opening whistle. It was bullshit.

UW had 8 guys play. . .

5 fouled out

2 had 4 fouls

And Appleby somehow didn't get called for even one.

7 of their 8 guys were in foul trouble, and that just looks REALLY shady. Ah well, if UW hadn't pulled another huge chokejob we wouldn't be worried about the shitty officiating.

Marcus Williams isn't hurt. This is a bullcrap play by Calhoun to get brown to shoo the FT's

Umm.

Marcus was 11/11 from the line tonight and made how many clutch free throws down the stretch in regulation? He was 85% from the line for the season, whereas Denham was 86%

Yeah, I'm sure Marcus was the last guy Calhoun wanted on the line.

Not to mention the fact that Marcus, their only indespensible player, had to come out of the game for 1-2 minutes of overtime. Not to mention the fact that they don't have another reliable point guard, and had to put Austrie, an untested freshman that's only on the team because of AJ Price's health issues, into the game. All for that extra 1% upgrade to Denham. Okay.

By the way, anyone that actually knows what they're talking about knows Marcus is their best player and has been for the last season and a half now. Yes, this includes Villanueva and Gay.

Mixed feelings about last night.

Simply awesome Nova victory. They showed a real lot of heart to hang in there when they couldn't hit a single shot, and BC was draining everything and getting easy looks.

Heart-attack finish for us Philly-area folk. I'm really looking forward to the Florida game, as I've always disliked Billy Donovan and Florida. However, you gotta admit, Florida's pretty damn good this year.

NOW...

UCONN. I can't believe Washington pulled a Gonzaga and gave away the game. I despise Duke, UNC, and UCONN, more out of jealousy & being sick of hearing Vitale blow them, and last night could've put an end to the "Unholy Trio" in the tourney. Damn you, Washington.

It's a shame. George Mason's gonna get run over now. They could've beat Washington.

Damn you Texas..it was all well and good for you to make the Big XII good and defeat my hated nemesis USC......but now you're fucking with my bracket if you win this!

Well, LSU totally fucked up that last possession. Thomas hardly even touched the ball there and Davis only had it on the perimeter where he's useless.

I have to say though, having not watched much SEC ball this year, I'm incredibly impressed with Tyrus Thomas and "Big Baby" Glen Davis. They look like they'll be awesome NBA players some day.

I think Tyrus Thomas + Davis = why LSU will win the final four this year.

LSU clearly has the best nba level talent of EVERY team (including uconn)

That's why they'll win.

Scratch that "useless on the perimeter" comment. That was a gorgeous 3. The last performance that impressed me like this was VY in the Orange Bowl.

Honestly, I think Glen Davis will be better than Duncan and Shaq in a few years, and will be regularly competing with D-Wade and LeBron for MVP trophies.

(cabbageboy @ Mar 24 2006, 01:08 PM) *

I really could care less about these games tomorrow. LSU/Texas sounds like a good football game, but in hoops I could care less.

Cabbageboy gets it wrong again... this may be one of the best games of the tourney.

Honestly, I think Glen Davis will be better than Duncan and Shaq in a few years, and will be regularly competing with D-Wade and LeBron for MVP trophies.

Yeah, you were right Teke. Blame the network coverage. Honestly, the only SEC team I'd seen play more than once this year was Tennessee. If I'd seen how Glen Davis and Tyrus Thomas were developing over the course of the year, I might have been singing a different tune.

It's not just the points they score; they completely change the game on the defensive end. There's no other team in college basketball right now that has two legitimate shot-blockers on the interior like that. They kind of remind of me UConn when they had Okafor except I think Davis is more talented than Okafor, and Thomas is better than Boone and Villanueva combined.

Man, the networks must love having LSU in the F4. I was expecting this game to be the better of the two, which means after the first game, this match up will likely be a stinker.

Yeah, you were right Teke. Blame the network coverage. Honestly, the only SEC team I'd seen play more than once this year was Tennessee. If I'd seen how Glen Davis and Tyrus Thomas were developing over the course of the year, I might have been singing a different tune.

It's not just the points they score; they completely change the game on the defensive end. There's no other team in college basketball right now that has two legitimate shot-blockers on the interior like that. They kind of remind of me UConn when they had Okafor except I think Davis is more talented than Okafor, and Thomas is better than Boone and Villanueva combined.

As I said a few weeks back, LSU has had consistency problems all year but, when it gels just right, they can play with anyone in the country.

The question at hand is now "Can they beat Memphis or UCLA next week?"

Now, that I've had some time to cool down, I'll say I was a little bit effusive with the Big Baby praise. At 6' 9", (god, can't believe he's only that tall), he might have some trouble trying to be a post player in the NBA.

Still though, I do think LSU looks like they might be the most talented team in this tournament right now, and if they play their game, (work it down low, don't jack up threes), they should be able to beat UConn.

Wow... 7 minutes in and Memphis is getting anally raped by UCLA so far.

I wonder if Cal and company will hit a hot streak or if this will be so one-sided all night.

I'd be happy without Memphis, as the Southern Miss fan in me wants them to be chronically disappointed that the all-mighty Cal can't bring them to the next level which, depending on your interpretation, is either a Final Four or the Big East.

(Memphis fans were more than slightly pissed to be passed over for the Big East's expansion in favor of South Florida.)

Would it be fair to say that this is the worst game of the tournament so far? If you add up the missed free throws, the bad turnovers, and the times that someone's failed to finish from inside three feet, it's got to be close to triple digits by now.

I can't believe how bad Memphis has been playing tonight. It's like they're in on CBS's plan to give the game to UCLA. Honestly, substitute George Mason for Memphis tonight, and they'd be up by 25 or 30.