TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

Guest Princess Leena

Oh, and I just want to shake my finger at whoever here who convinced me to take Duke over LSU in all my serious pools. Grar.

Yeah, I didn't feel like posting after the Duke game, but they played terrible. I am now officially convinced that Redick won't be good in the NBA. If there's a shotblocker down low, he becomes more one-dimensional than Steve Kerr.

I mean, honestly, how many shots did he get blocked tonight? 10? 12? That performance could drop him from a potential lottery pick all the way to the second round.

Every time Reddick has faced someone who can play defense, he has looked like horse manure sitting in the hot Florida sun. He just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting when he's not even close to being in position to shoot. Every team that decided "lets just keep one man on Reddick", they have shut him down.

Reddick is going to be the John Paxson of the 00's. It's not bad, but he better hope he ends up on a team with a Jordan and a Pippen.

You know, I think it's about time someone said this: Mark Few cannot coach for shit. Having seen Gonzaga's tourney losses I can safely say that with evidence to support it. Since 2002 Few has consistently had his teams ill prepared (think of the 2002 whining over the 6 seed and subsequent loss to Wyoming...and also the 2004 beatdown from Nevada). Or if not ill prepared his teams flat out choke due to him being seriously outcoached. That would be last year when Knight coached circles around Few as Texas Tech rallied to win a game they had no business winning. And now tonight the coup de grace, blowing a 17 pt. lead to UCLA with some of the most unbelievable late game blunders I've ever seen.

As a U of L fan my motto for that Oakland region is "Anybody but Memphis." I actually have UCLA in my FF, so this helped me. That said, UCLA is more lucky than good and I can't see their luck continuing against Memphis. I saw the earlier game and Memphis is simply flat out better.

I must be the only one who doesn't share the glee over Duke and Gonzaga both losing. Hell, at least that game would have been a hugely anticipated FF matchup and drawn ratings galore. Now? We get Texas vs. UCLA, or Memphis vs. LSU or whatever and that has all the heat and pizzazz of Kansas vs. Marquette from 2003 (when both UK and Zona lost in the Elite 8).

I care about watching basketball.....not what ratings it is receiving. These games are more appealing to me than anything involving Duke or Gonzaga.

I'm just happy the Big XII is still alive(they didn't make it out of the Sweet 16 last year) and the ACC may be out of the tourney completely depending on what happens tonight! Can you imagine the ACC being killed off before the Elite 8? It's amazing the Big Ten's gone!(i'm not happy about that one. just think it's weird)

Oh well I have LSU in the title game so it was a good deal. So I will be rooting for the Tigers over the Big XII for the sake of my pool.

I'm not being a UConn slappy when I say this, but I am glad that the two teams that have been overhyped and overrated this year got bounced. Crying or not.

That being said, If UConn takes care of business, their road got a little bit easier.

Morrison cried like a man, in the middle of the court, for everyone to see. You shouldn't make fun of people crying after a game like that. I'd do the same; just like I wouldn't make fun of Redick. Atleast Morrison showed up too, while Redick cried because of his pitiful performance.

Sad way for Morrison to end his career.

Morrison cried like a man, in the middle of the court, for everyone to see. You shouldn't make fun of people crying after a game like that. I'd do the same; just like I wouldn't make fun of Redick. Atleast Morrison showed up too, while Redick cried because of his pitiful performance.

You're so full of shit considering you posted pics of Redick crying and Morrison pumping his fist when you thought the Gags were advancing. Nice try though.

That doesn't have to be the end of Morrison's career though. It's assumed he'll go pro but he's only a junior, right?

I really could care less about these games tomorrow. LSU/Texas sounds like a good football game, but in hoops I could care less. And seeing Memphis win tomorrow to go to the FF is a thought that makes me sick to the core.

Great Duke loses and Gonzaga is winning. Add in UWs loss tomorrow and I remember why I hate the sweet 16. The first 2 rounds are always really fun and then all my teams go out in the 3rd round and it's really depressing. Bah.

redickcrying1pw.jpg

5378504_36_2.jpg

For shame CW, for shame.

You're so full of shit considering you posted pics of Redick crying and Morrison pumping his fist when you thought the Gags were advancing. Nice try though.

I was just showing the kind of night Smues was refering to in picture form. I never said "HAHA Redick."

That doesn't have to be the end of Morrison's career though. It's assumed he'll go pro but he's only a junior, right?

I really could care less about these games tomorrow. LSU/Texas sounds like a good football game, but in hoops I could care less. And seeing Memphis win tomorrow to go to the FF is a thought that makes me sick to the core.

He's only a junior. He'll likely leave since this years draft class is supposed to be pretty weak. The 2007 class is supposed to be alot stronger.

After that display in the middle of the court, I really don't know what he's going to do. Don't know if he's gonna want to go out that way.

Guest Princess Leena

Gonzaga is going to be weaker next year without Batista. So, he's not going to win his final game next year, either. Unless it's the NIT.

I've been more impressed with Shelden Williams than anyone else in this tournament. Tyrus Thomas isn't too bad himself.

Morrison would be stupid to go back to win a championship, because this was as close as the Gags are gonna get. The only guys who I think could be drafted higher than him might be Aldredge from Texas and Big Baby from LSU (if they're both draft eligible) just based on them having superior size and defensive ability.

I like Brandon Roy better than anyone else that's coming out, but Aldridge or Morrison will be going 1st.

Big Baby is undersized. I don't think he'll be drafted that high.

I meant the 310 or whatever he actually weighs moreso than the 6'9 for Davis. He's a space eater with good hands and feet. He'd definitely be a high lottery pick if he came out because he has good skills and can always lose the weight. It's better to be that than the guys who have the appropriate build but the wrong kind of skills for the position, like a Shelden Williams who is also 6'9 but will have to play the four and won't be able to overpower many of them in the NBA.

I haven't seen Roy play at all because I live on the East Coast and the only team from the West that got significant TV time was the Gags naturally.

Its pretty much assumed that the lowest Morrison goes is whenever Portland picks. Whats with all the hate for him?

Brandon Roy's stock has benefitted more than anyone in the tournament. He's one helluva player and I like how hes always looking to take the charge. He should make an immediate impact for whoever drafts him.

Big shot from Dreadlock Dudley. 'Nova needs to hit one at the buzzer here to keep up the finishes from last night. I'll say Foye gets it done.

I have a feeling Dudley's going to hit the game winner now and fuck up what's left of my bracket and the all Big East Regional Final.

Ehh, nevermind.