TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

Guest Sabu

Duke and Gonzaga both lose on the same day, I think this is the greatest day ever.

Actually, this is good enough. Morrison's team blowing a 15 point lead is enough for them to be remembered for what they were. His crying in the middle of the floor is just a bonus.

I don't hate Gonzaga, I just chuckle at how, over this decade, their tourney performance has been inversely related to their popularity.

Thanks for not letting me down

Guest Smues
Why, was Morrison not at the end of the court to take the shot?

He was too busy crying.

I love how Morrison made a beeline to the center of the court instead of his own bench before he started crying, just so he can be the center of attention, as if he's the ONLY player on Gonzaga pissed over the loss.

By the same token, how much is CBS cringing now that two sizable names are gone from the tourney... they were probably banking bigtime on a Duke-Gonzaga F4 match (kinda like Arizona and Kentucky a couple years ago)

This was an awesome night of games and results. Too bad it looks like UConn will win it all pretty easily now.

I love how Morrison made a beeline to the center of the court instead of his own bench before he started crying, just so he can be the center of attention, as if he's the ONLY player on Gonzaga pissed over the loss.

Kinda like when Bryce Drew made that game winner a few years and just dove right to the center court...I mean he took the shot, dove and then let his team-mates dive on him. Something about the center court, win or lose. People love to go there right away after a game ends on a emotional finish.

By the same token, how much is CBS cringing now that two sizable names are gone from the tourney... they were probably banking bigtime on a Duke-Gonzaga F4 match (kinda like Arizona and Kentucky a couple years ago)

They might still get the 'Nova/UCONN F4 game. UCLA is the only "meaty" team in terms of potential star power names. (just the name and location alone) CBS, hasn't had the best of luck getting the big time title game lately.

They are probably hoping for UCLA/UCONN right now.

You know, I think it's about time someone said this: Mark Few cannot coach for shit. Having seen Gonzaga's tourney losses I can safely say that with evidence to support it. Since 2002 Few has consistently had his teams ill prepared (think of the 2002 whining over the 6 seed and subsequent loss to Wyoming...and also the 2004 beatdown from Nevada). Or if not ill prepared his teams flat out choke due to him being seriously outcoached. That would be last year when Knight coached circles around Few as Texas Tech rallied to win a game they had no business winning. And now tonight the coup de grace, blowing a 17 pt. lead to UCLA with some of the most unbelievable late game blunders I've ever seen.

As a U of L fan my motto for that Oakland region is "Anybody but Memphis." I actually have UCLA in my FF, so this helped me. That said, UCLA is more lucky than good and I can't see their luck continuing against Memphis. I saw the earlier game and Memphis is simply flat out better.

I must be the only one who doesn't share the glee over Duke and Gonzaga both losing. Hell, at least that game would have been a hugely anticipated FF matchup and drawn ratings galore. Now? We get Texas vs. UCLA, or Memphis vs. LSU or whatever and that has all the heat and pizzazz of Kansas vs. Marquette from 2003 (when both UK and Zona lost in the Elite 8).

I don't think any of you have ever played sports. I'm a big time asshole, but I can totally understand why Morrison was crying in that situation.

Seriously. Get on the guy for something else. I guess I have to apologize for him showing some human emotion over something that actually matters, not anything like a wrestler dying or any bullshit like that.

I don't think any of you have ever played sports. I'm a big time asshole, but I can totally understand why Morrison was crying in that situation.

Seriously. Get on the guy for something else.

Actually, I've been trying to enjoy Morrison's misery just because I can't stand him, but I couldn't really enjoy the tears. I remember people crying after out last HS football game, and there is plenty of reason for it. It's not just that you lost the game; it's that the thing you've put so much effort into for the last four years is over.

Guest Smues

I usually respect an athlete crying after a loss like this, Morrison is the exception.

I remember people crying after out last HS football game, and there is plenty of reason for it. It's not just that you lost the game; it's that the thing you've put so much effort into for the last four years is over.

That's why I'm defending him. I know exactly how it feels, even though it happened to me in a game not of that magnitude. I mean, that's a tough way to go out.

I just wish the dude hadn't seemingly packed it in when the game wasn't even over yet. I mean, the picture up there shows it all. Head's down, but there's still time on the clock and they had a chance to at least tie it.

Yeah, I didn't feel like posting after the Duke game, but they played terrible. I am now officially convinced that Redick won't be good in the NBA. If there's a shotblocker down low, he becomes more one-dimensional than Steve Kerr.

I mean, honestly, how many shots did he get blocked tonight? 10? 12? That performance could drop him from a potential lottery pick all the way to the second round.

I just wish the dude hadn't seemingly packed it in when the game wasn't even over yet. I mean, the picture up there shows it all. Head's down, but there's still time on the clock and they had a chance to at least tie it.

He did call for the ball while they were at the free throw line waiting for Afflalo to shoot, he was practically screaming for it, for what it's worth. He just couldn't get open and Pendergraft wanted to throw it way down the court. Quite honestly, I would have given (or gave, I'm too tired to give a fuck) the ball to Morrison and taken my chances with the near half court shot.

It's a good experience, he'll learn a lot from it.

Guest Brian

I felt so dirty for cheering for UCLA today, but man oh man do Adam Morrison tears wash that away.