TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

I just want to know if anyone remembers who was the guy here that thought JJ would average 20+ per in the NBA. If he's LUCKY he'll have games like tonight where he can take nearly 20 shots just to score 11.

I think LSU can take out Texas based on what I saw tonight.

If Redick gets on a team like the Pistons, with good screeners like Sheed and Ben, he can definitely drop 15 points a game in the NBA.

If Redick gets on a team like the Pistons, with good screeners like Sheed and Ben, he can definitely drop 15 points a game in the NBA.

When exactly would he get minutes on the Pistons? Billups and Rip play a lot, and JJ has no ballhandling or defensive skills. Again, he's going to be a bust because he's a one side of the court player, who will get devoured by the speed and athleticism of the pro game.

And Memphis advances. It'll be interesting seeing them in the regional final going against one of the other top teams, having not played anyone higher than a 9 so far.

They have beaten both Gonzaga and UCLA this season.

But wow, holy shit, Memphis is in the Elite 8.

How about Reddick to the Rockets? They're in desperate need of a good shooter to score when McGrady and/or Yao get collapsed on. He's certainly no worse than what they currently have.

And Memphis advances. It'll be interesting seeing them in the regional final going against one of the other top teams, having not played anyone higher than a 9 so far.

I was wondering when our Memphis Fan was going to show up.

Good Show by the Tigers. Here's to hoping we have a Gonzaga/Memphis Rematch.

When exactly would he get minutes on the Pistons? Billups and Rip play a lot, and JJ has no ballhandling or defensive skills. Again, he's going to be a bust because he's a one side of the court player, who will get devoured by the speed and athleticism of the pro game.

I'm not saying the Pistons, I meant like the Pistons.

But they do need depth. It's not what I meant though.

Redick can replace David Wesley. He's like a younger version of him.

I'm not saying the Pistons, I meant like the Pistons.

But they do need depth. It's not what I meant though.

Redick can replace David Wesley. He's like a younger version of him.

I know what you mean, I'm just saying that most really good teams happen to have really good 2's, which is a large part of the reason WHY they tend to be really good. JJ can't play anywhere but the 2, so he'll either be a backup type role player like a Steve Kerr or a scrub starter like Ashton Korver on the Sixers who gives up more than he scores on a nightly basis. He's not worth a lottery pick, that's for sure.

Morrison is good. I can't wait till he knocks over some bigger brawnier black guy in the NBA driving to the basket and stands over him like all the cocky nba superstars do, it'll be hilarious to see what happens.

Gonna be some weird stuff.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

YES YES YES. Fuck fucking duke! I've hated that goddamn team since their final 4 against IU where Laettner went around with a knife and stabbed the hoosiers and went to the freethrow line because IU got called for blocking.

Guest Smues

Great Duke loses and Gonzaga is winning. Add in UWs loss tomorrow and I remember why I hate the sweet 16. The first 2 rounds are always really fun and then all my teams go out in the 3rd round and it's really depressing. Bah.

Guest Smues
Meanwhile, I think Iggy is throwing up right now.

Gonzaga is DOMINATING UCLA.

Here's to hoping for another choke job like last year against Texas Tech.

Great Duke loses and Gonzaga is winning. Add in UWs loss tomorrow and I remember why I hate the sweet 16. The first 2 rounds are always really fun and then all my teams go out in the 3rd round and it's really depressing. Bah.

redickcrying1pw.jpg

5378504_36_2.jpg

The NBA draft is going to be awesome for Crash TV factor now as Redick spirals down the board and Vitale gets more and more steamed and starts arguing with the other hosts. The first Dicky V blowup will occur when a European player is picked and Redick is still there.

Teke, that would have been me that said the "I can't imagine Redick's last game being against LSU." It wasn't necessarily meant as smack (I'm hardly a Duke fan), but more of a comment to say "If JJ is really this amazing player there's no way he'd go out against LSU." As in if he wasn't going to win it all it he'd need to justify himself by going nuts vs. UConn in the title game in a 2 pt. loss.

You know, when it comes down to it I'd much rather have Patrick Sparks in a money game than Redick. Not even close. My God, Redick literally cost Duke the game tonight with that shitty 3 for 18. And you know what was weird? I didn't give a shit. I wasn't laughing my ass off at Duke losing, since the entire game felt really off kilter. I could just look at Duke from the beginning and tell they didn't have it. In fact it would have been a major miscarriage of justice had they won. It also wasn't that unexpected really, since several people had predicted LSU and we all know Redick can choke like a bitch.

When Duke lost to IU in 2002...now THAT was funny as shit. Tonight though? For some reason I just didn't care.

Duke is becoming today's version of DePaul under Ray Meyer in the early 80s. Come in ranked #1, then lose quickly. I mean yeah Duke gets to the Sweet 16 every year, but that's just them getting their usual 2 squash games in Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, etc. Once they step foot out of the Carolinas, they are screwed.

The NBA draft is going to be awesome for Crash TV factor now as Redick spirals down the board and Vitale gets more and more steamed and starts arguing with the other hosts. The first Dicky V blowup will occur when a European player is picked and Redick is still there.

"With the 13th pick in the draft. . . . "

"Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?! We're talkin' about JJ REDICK, one of the greatest shooters in the hist'ry of college basketBALL, and some guy named Sarviunias Msutkovicz from Lithuania is getting drafted here based on height and PO-tential. This is a travesty bay-bee! You can't pass over JJ REDICK. The top scorer in the BEST BASKETBALL CONFERENCE IN AMERICA. This is a JOKE, an absolute JOKE! It almost makes me want to throw up the lasagna I ate at Carmine's! Speaking of Carmine's. . . "

"Thanks Dick, but Commissioner Stern is here to announce the next pick"

"But, THE DUKIES. THE CAMERON CRAZIES!!!! COACH K BAY-BEE!!"

Because Gonzaga is the new Duke as evidenced by that call right there. Pubes is going to get all of the TV time that he can.

"With the 13th pick in the draft. . . . "

"Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?! We're talkin' about JJ REDICK, one of the greatest shooters in the hist'ry of college basketBALL, and some guy named Sarviunias Msutkovicz from Lithuania is getting drafted here based on height and PO-tential. This is a travesty bay-bee! You can't pass over JJ REDICK. The top scorer in the BEST BASKETBALL CONFERENCE IN AMERICA. This is a JOKE, an absolute JOKE! It almost makes me want to throw up the lasagna I ate at Carmine's! Speaking of Carmine's. . . "

"Thanks Dick, but Commissioner Stern is here to announce the next pick"

"But, THE DUKIES. THE CAMERON CRAZIES!!!! COACH K BAY-BEE!!"

I miss when TNT had the draft.

*Random draft selection is made*

Hubie Brown: This kid has alot of upside

Barkley: Yeah, the upside is that in four years he'll be out of the league.

Hubie: He has intangibles, a tremendous upside...this was a good selection

Barkley: He won't even make the practice squad, are you kidding me?

Hubie: BUT UPSIDE!

I was wondering when our Memphis Fan was going to show up.

Good Show by the Tigers. Here's to hoping we have a Gonzaga/Memphis Rematch.

Well, I'm a Memphis fan, but I'm gonna stay silent so I don't jinx anything.

That was f'in insane. Pittsnogle hits this clutch f'in 3 ...and then paulino seals it.

Reminds me of that lakers vs. spurs game where duncan hit the long 3, then derek fisher hit the .4 second shot.