TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

The upper deck will be opened for the playoffs if they make it. Actually they'll have to untarp everything come August when the Raiders play their first preseason game.

Rain is in the forecast for both Monday and Tuesday which creates a big problem. It is the Yankees only trip to Oakland all year and typically there is an off day the first week of the season but the A's don't have one this year and have to travel to Seattle immediately following Wednesday night's game (A night game on a getaway day?) so they have no chance for a make up date. So warning to Yankee fans both Monday and Tuesday's game might go well into the morning EST hours as they will probably play as long as they have to to get official games in.

Well I am somewhat happy to hear this as I have class on Monday/Tuesday so the most I can see of these games is the last inning or so, but if the rain delays the game(s) at least an hour, then I will be seeing a good portion of them. Wednesday however, I will be home for the entire game.

Um, is there rain in the forecast for, like, y'know, every fucking place in North America?

Snow in Toronto's for tomorrow.....It could rain blood for all I care, it's not going to ruin my first Jays game or first ever opening day.

Okay, so apparently this is what I've got to choose from today.

1 p.m. games:

Red Sox @ Rangers on ESPN2

Cubs @ Reds on WGN

Nationals @ Mets on ESPN

Pirates @ Brewers on FSN

3 p.m.

Braves @ Dodgers on ESPN

6 p.m.

Giants @ Padres on ESPN2

9 p.m.

Yankees @ A's on ESPN2

So that's seven games for me. The rest are all local coverage, I guess.

Stupid class. Looks like I'll have to catch the last fragments of the Reds/Cubs on WGN Radio or something, since I don't get out of class until 4 and then I have to head over to the other campus right after to take an exam.

I get MLB Extra Innings until the NHL season's over. That's what the cable company said, so now I don't have to watch ESPN's broadcasts.

So the Mets new network decided they'd just stop showing the game after the 2nd inning. Brilliant!

Bush and Selig on the same field, I wonder who is more hated.

Most people don't hate Bud. That's a no contest.

Pierre triples, Walker doubles, Lee walks, Ramirez singles. It's all downhill from here.

EDIT: Sac fly for Jones, error on Dunn, 2-0

Murton is playing great at the plate and in left, hitting a 3-run homer and robbing Kearns of a game-tying GS. Glad we picked him up. We'll get more out of him than Nomar. Who knew?

Bush and Selig on the same field, I wonder who is more hated.

Most people don't hate Bud. That's a no contest.

That's news to me.

Ask a non baseball fan (that's what at least 60% of the country?) what they think about Bud Selig, and watch their faces contort as they have no fucking clue who you're talking about.

Ask your average American what they think about Dubya, and just enjoy the show one way or the other.

Ask a non baseball fan (that's what at least 60% of the country?) what they think about Bud Selig, and watch their faces contort as they have no fucking clue who you're talking about.

Ask your average American what they think about Dubya, and just enjoy the show one way or the other.

I think the question is who is more hated within the ballpark at that moment, Bush or Selig, not in a nationwide poll.

Good to see Zambrano has apparently settled down, though I'm bothered by the fact that Tony Womack has reached base against him twice so far!

I think the question is who is more hated within the ballpark at that moment, Bush or Selig, not in a nationwide poll.

Good to see Zambrano has apparently settled down, though I'm bothered by the fact that Tony Womack has reached base against him twice so far!

You just had to say something didn't you?

And who the hell cares who is disliked more? They are both dicks.

Seriously though, what's there to hate about Bud Selig? Last time I checked he didn't start any unnecessary wars, create panic and confusion in the populace, lead America to become more hated than ever, cut jobs, healthcare and everything else that Bush has done. Baseball's a fucking game. Ooh, he let the All-Star game end in a tie one year. Let's get 'im!

Seriously though, what's there to hate about Bud Selig? Last time I checked he didn't start any unnecessary wars, create panic and confusion in the populace, lead America to become more hated than ever, cut jobs, healthcare and everything else that Bush has done. Baseball's a fucking game. Ooh, he let the All-Star game end in a tie one year. Let's get 'im!

Can we leave the politics in the other thread? No one cares what Bush did right now. He threw out a pitch, that is his full extent. Baseball fans do not like Selig, this is a baseball thread about baseball opening week. Therefore, the feelings on Selig are revelent to this thread and folder while the feelings are Dubya are moot.

This Cubs game is getting interesting. Cubs have went cold after that first inning while the Reds are heating up. O's are down 1-0 to the Rays with miserable weather all over.

Baseball fans do not like Selig, this is a baseball thread about baseball opening week. Therefore, the feelings on Selig are revelent to this thread and folder.

Again, I'll ask what is there to hate about Bud Selig?

Opening day...trying not to get all too excited about the Sox already being just 1 game and all. That said I love their lineup 1-7 and Schilling looks GOOD right now hitting 95mph in the 4th.