TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

The reason that the Twins let Ortiz go was that he was not doing anything special. He was barely batting .270 or so and had no signs of the power and clutch hitting that he has now.

To the day, I hate David Ortiz.

It's not Ortiz's fault that Tom Kelly didn't let him play to his strength at the plate. Why was it that the first day of spring training, Ron Jackson immediately told Ortiz to change what he was doing at the plate, and try to hit HR's.

And...the Brewers make it an official win. Turnbow gets save #2 of the season. Can he surpass his number of 39 last year? Could happen at this rate.

MLB.tv had the Astros radio feed for the Marlins-Astros game.

It was great to listen to. They compliment Cabrera but treat everyone else like little leaguers. I thought they were gonna cry and kept mentioning how surprised they were that they were losing... let alone by 11 runs at one point.

Will someone give me a logical explanation as to why SCOTT PROCTOR pitched in extra innings tonight? When Mo or even Sturtze hadn't come into the game yet!?!? WTF?!?

The Yankees lose. . . .

THEEEEEEEEE

YANKEEEEEEEEEEES

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

4-3, bottom 9 as Scutaro rocks one over Matsui's head leading in the runner from 2nd. Nice job by Oakland.

Will someone give me a logical explanation as to why SCOTT PROCTOR pitched in extra innings tonight? When Mo or even Sturtze hadn't come into the game yet!?!? WTF?!?

Ya that was not a move to win the game. I couldn't believe Rivera wasn't in or at least kept Farnsworth in. Hey but I'm happy Joe felt so generous to avoid an extra inning rain delay and give the A's the win.

It's good that the Yanks lost.

I'm going to the reds-cubs game later today. After the embarrassment that was opening day I'm just hoping the reds lose respectably, with their pitching staff thats all you can hope for.

Guest StylesMark

Putting Proctor in the game...bleh. Yeah, I thought Rivera would come in, as he had been warming up. As soon as I saw Scott, I knew, game over.

It's good that the Yanks lost.

I'm going to the reds-cubs game later today. After the embarrassment that was opening day I'm just hoping the reds lose respectably, with their pitching staff thats all you can hope for.

Last couple Opening Days, Cubs have broke out the lumber, only to scratch out two or three runs the second game.

The Yankees lose. . . .

THEEEEEEEEE

YANKEEEEEEEEEEES

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

4-3, bottom 9 as Scutaro rocks one over Matsui's head leading in the runner from 2nd. Nice job by Oakland.

Best news I've heard this morning.

It's Glendon Rusch vs. Brandon [sic] Arroyo today. Little worried about this one, since it's pretty one-sided on paper. Maybe Rusch can rebound from a bad spring and a bad 2005 and keep the Cubs in the game. I'm predicting a Cincinnati rout, though.

More and more "baseball people" keep coming out and saying that Clemens is most likely going to pitch this season and alot of them say with the Red Sox. After watching Wakefield last night it would be nice to slide Clemens into the #2 hole of the rotation.

Schilling

Clemens

Beckett

Wakefield

Clement

trade Boomer

Guest NYankees

Watch Clemens wait until the All Star game and sign with the team that can afford him and is in the running.

Guest Princess Leena

Favre never has to worry about being as selfish as Roger.

He'll be the chubby knight in shining armor, leading a playoff team!

Bronson Arroyo just CRUSHED one to deep left, to tie it at 2 against the Cubbies. Awesome.

I don't understand how MLB can just let a guy start playing in the middle of the season. I know they can't do anything about it, but barring injuries, I think you should either play the whole season or not play at all. It just rubs me the wrong way. Also, it seems unfair that one team can spend extra money to acquire an ace pitcher in the middle of the season, but most other teams have to make a trade to get someone like that.

Junior Griffey just hit one out as well. The Reds lead 5-2 on the strength of 3 homers.

Cubs allow seven unanswered runs and the life has alreayd been sucked out of them.

EDIT: Spoke too soon! Back to within one run. Jerome Williams is still a tub of lard literally unfit to make relief appearances, though.

Just got back from the game, and it was great. Awesome weather and lots of home run balls.

I had so much fun that we all got tickets for tomorrow, friday and saturday

And Ryan Freel is a little gremlin on the bases. Funny story about Freel is at 26 he was with the Blue Jays minor league camp, he was going to be a utility player for their AAA team, but the Reds picked him up after he was released. Now, he's a decent starter for a MLB team, it's weird how things like that happen in baseball.

Have the Reds ever considered moving the fences back at the Great American Ball Park? Every fly ball out seems to reach the warning track.

They can't, the stadium is built right next to the first star center. The only way they could is by taking out seats, and there are only 42,000 seats now. The thing is, the dimensions are basically the same as the old park, with 404 to center and 375 into the gaps. It's not like Houston where they have a wall that just dives in, for some reason the ball just flies there.

They're saving him for the home opener.

By the way, if Williams can't cut it as a 5th starter, I dunno what the hell to do with him. He's too fat and lazy to be ready for the call from the dugout. I guess he needs inordinately long warmups and a lot of rest days.