TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Smackdown Spoilers

These came off the Gamefaqs Board, they sound legit to me

Dark Matches

The Gymini beat CM Punk and Sterling James Keenan. Punk looked pretty good and actually got a decent sized pop, Keenan botched a few moves though.

Matt Hardy beat Colt Cabana. Cabana Looked good. Animal attacked Hardy after the match.

Velocity

Finlay beat Psicosis, was alright.

Lashley beat Vito, was pretty crappy.

Jamie Noble and Kid Kash beat Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki with a sweet Spear clothsline combo

Smackdown

London and Spanky beat MNM in a non-title match in a pretty good match, crowd got into it near the end.

Booker T was in the back with Teddy Long and gives him a restraining order on The Boogieman.

Booker T vs unannounced guy. Wasn't too bad of a match. Boogieman's music hits near the end, but doesn't come out. "Gunner Scott" rolls up Booker T and gets the pinfall. Teddy Long comes out and plays it off as a miscue in the music, and announces Gunner Scott as the winner again.

In the back, Benoit congratulates Gunner, who is actually Brent Albright on his intensity, and then get into a contest of what seems to be of saying yeah the loudest.

Benoit vs. some guy who's blanking. I'll remember it later. Quick match.

JBL video where he promises a celebration next week. Video tries to start a JBL chant at the end, was quite hilarious.

Teddy Long announces Benoit vs JBL cage match for Main Event.

Randy is in the back and then Kurt comes into the picture. Randy insults Kurt and says he'll have the title. Kurt slaps Randy and makes some weird noise, then screams "YEAH" a few times.

Orton vs Rey. Rey is not over. It's all Eddie. There was maybe one or two Rey chants, several Eddie chants. However, one sweet sign saying "That's Rey, not Eddie". Was actually a pretty good match, Rey did his pole 619 spot that he tried and botched at WrestleMania. Rey retains over Orton with a springboard Legdrop after a second 619.

Mark Henry cuts a promo about never being the same after getting stuck in the casket.

Backstage, Teddy Long has Kurt Angle, Lashley, Finlay, Matt Hardy, and probably some other guy I'm forgetting. He announces the return of King of the Ring and next week is Angle vs. Orton.

Mark Henry vs Undertaker is next. This goes for like 2 minutes before Giant Signh comes out with Daivari and he Judo chops him in the head. He judo chops him in the head again after Taker sits up and then takes him into an exposed turnbuckle. This'll probably be edited out, but Signh stood over Taker taunting for like, 5 minutes.

Next is JBL vs Benoit. I missed the first few minutes, I was getting some pizza while they were setting up the cage and some drunk guy tried to get me to give him 5 dollars. But JBL gave Benoit a superplex, JBL Eddie'd up, started to do the 3 Amigo's, got countered at the 3rd, benoit then did them. Finish was that they were at the top with Benoit trying to give JBL a German from the top rope, JBL ties Benoit to the top of the cage and escapes through the door.

Oh dear lord, Giant Singh vs Undertaker? Good god, that better be some kind of fucking joke. I guess Ortons suspension is effective as of ater this show, which is fine, rather that then bait and switch the fans and not have the match at all. King of the Ring returning? Eh, not sure where they're going with that. Sounds like a good show overall though.

Oh dear lord, Giant Singh vs Undertaker? Good god, that better be some kind of fucking joke. I guess Ortons suspension is effective as of ater this show, which is fine, rather that then bait and switch the fans and not have the match at all. King of the Ring returning? Eh, not sure where they're going with that. Sounds like a good show overall though.

Ummm

Backstage, Teddy Long has Kurt Angle, Lashley, Finlay, Matt Hardy, and probably some other guy I'm forgetting. He announces the return of King of the Ring and next week is Angle vs. Orton.

I'm starting to think his suspension starts a quarter to never.

They finally debut Brent Albright and give him an idiotic name like Gunner Scott?

Brent Albright, was fine enough...they took a generic name and made it more generic and idiotic.

I do like the pairing with Benoit though.

KOTR, returning is interesting. Show doesn't look all that bad, despite the Giant Singh thing.

I guess Angle kicking the shit out of Orton will be Orton's excuse for his absence. Angle, probably snaps and "injures" Orton.

Also, you get suspended for 2 months but they will let you work two big matches before you have to serve that suspension. Why do I get the feeling, he never actually serves a suspension at all.

BTW, I wonder if CM Punk working a dark match was just for the hometown factor or if they are getting ready to call him up because he hasn't worked dark matches since signing the contract.

Ironic, they pair him with the CM Punk clone, SJK. Cabana, hopefully won over the suits in the back. How could they not like Colt? He delivers the comedy, and he isn't neccesarily a small guy either (6'1 wide built body_

I can just imagine Singh doing the Austin Powers Judo Chop.

It doesn't look all that bad this week, might actually give it a watch.

More readable coherent results from Captain Charisma on the Something Awful board

I just got back from the Smackdown taping. If I screwed anything up, I aplogize. I'm really tired.Here's what went down.

Velocity started out with CM Punk and someone I didn't recognize vs the Gymini. Gymini won. Both Punk and the Gymini looked really good. There were only a few people there who recognized Punk.

Next was Finlay vs Psicosis Finlay pretty much destroyed Psycosis. But sadly, this was the worst match of the night.

Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki teamed up against Kid Kash and Jamie Noble. Scotty and Funaki got a big pop from the crowd, but Kash and Noble won.

Colt Cabana faced Matt Hardy in a pretty good match. I'm pretty sure Matt Hardy won, but after the victory Animal came out and beat the shit of him.

The last Velocity match was Bobby Lashley vs Vito. Lashey got a really good crowd response. Lashley won, with all of the usual Lashley moves.

Smackdown started off with Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro against Paul London and Brian Kendrick. They had a decent match. London and Kendrick ended up winning.

Next Booker T wrestled a guy that someone in the crowd identified as Brent Albright. I'm not sure if it really was him or not. Booker T was controlling the match until the Boogeyman's music came on, and distracted Booker. Brent rolled Booker up and got the pin.

Chris Beniot wrestled Simon Dean, and won pretty quickly. Then a JBL video package aired, and Teddy Long announced that later tonight Beniot would face JBL in a cage match for the United States title. I think at this point Teddy Long announced Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio for later tonight as well. If he didn't, he came out later and did it.

There were a few backstage shots with Orton and Angle meeting, along with Teddy Long announcing that the King of the Ring would come back this year, and the first match would be Orton and Angle next week.

Also backstage William Regal met with Paul Burchill to try and get him to quit the pirate gimmick. Burchill said if Regal beats him tonight, he would wear whatever Regal wanted him to wear. But if Burchill wins, then Regal had to wear whatever he wanted.

Regal and Burchill came out and had a good match. There were two guys in the front row dressed up as pirates. Burchill ended up winning.

Next it was Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio for the World Heavy Weight title. I just heard that Orton was suspended for 60 days, but, he was there tonight, and is supposed to wrestle next week too. This match went a long time, and was great. They teased the 619 a couple times, and Orton dominated most of the match. It ended with Rey doing a 619 around the ring post, and then another standard 619.

Then it was Undertaker vs Mark Henry. They had their match, but at the end, Taker threw Henry outside, and then Davari came out with a freaking giant. I've never seen this guy before. He stood face to face with Taker, and this guy was about a head taller than Undertaker. Then this new guy laid Taker out. After this happend, they didnt' bother to finish the match. Mark Henry just walked away.

Finally they set up the cage, and JBL and Beniot had their match. JBL did the Eddie taunts again, but not as much as he did at Mania. It ended with JBL tieing Beniot to the top of the cage, and him escaping through the door.

This was the end of the show. Overall, I thought it was really good. The Orton Mysterio match was great, and whoever that new guy was that attacked the Undertaker, he was huge. It's also weird that Orton was suspended today, yet he wrestled this week, and is scheduled to wrestle next week too for the King of the Ring

What with MNM vs. Kendrick/London, Burchill vs. Regal, Orton vs. Mysterio, and JBL vs. Benoit, I will definitely not be missing this Smackdown - sounds like it could be their best effort in ages. I'm also pleased that KOTR is coming back - but does this mean that it will be a SD brand-specific PPV? Because IMO Smackdown is already doing a pretty good job with its midcard - it's Raw that's failing to elevate people. Still, at least this year there is actually quite a few credible contenders for the KOTR title.

Good:

KOTR is coming back!

Bad:

KOTR looks to be SD-exclusive though instead of joint-brand and probably be used just for TV instead of a PPV, I don't like it. I'm guessing the winner gets the title shot at Judgment Day.

Its bad enough they recycled Bundy / Taker with Henry and now we get to see Gonzales / Taker recycled too.

What with MNM vs. Kendrick/London, Burchill vs. Regal, Orton vs. Mysterio, and JBL vs. Benoit, I will definitely not be missing this Smackdown - sounds like it could be their best effort in ages. I'm also pleased that KOTR is coming back - but does this mean that it will be a SD brand-specific PPV? Because IMO Smackdown is already doing a pretty good job with its midcard - it's Raw that's failing to elevate people. Still, at least this year there is actually quite a few credible contenders for the KOTR title.

KOTR, will probably be just SD only, and not a ppv as they are already starting the tournament next week and the next SD ppv is in may, They should have a 16 man tournament but with qualifyers....

I'd have these qualifyers to set up the 16 man field (although Im expecting a 8 man format for SD)

Angle D. Orton

Benoit D. Jamie Noble

Matt Hardy D. Simon Dean

Booker T D. Nunzio

Finlay D. S2H

Lashley D. Sylvan

Jordan D. Funaki

Burchill D. Vito

Mercury D. London

Nitro D. Kendrick

Animal D. Crazy

Regal D. Psychosis

Helms (he's hurt but he won't take many hits here as he wears a mask) D. ‘Taker (CO) (Singh interrupts)

Scott D. Mark Henry (CO) (Taker interrupts)

JBL D. Daivari (Daivari returns and cuts a promo in Arabic and this pisses JBL off and he squashes Daivari)

Last Chance battle royal: Sylvan beats Noble, Nunzio, S2H, Vito, London, Kendrick, Dean and Mexi-Cools

This would take two weeks to pull off (4 matches on each smackdown 4/7 and 4/14 and 4 matches each velocity).

Set up the opening round to take place on 4/28 (give 2 weeks to hype the event)

Kurt Angle Vs Orlando Jordan (Angle wins a squash)

Booker T Vs Matt Hardy (Booker cheats to win)

Burchill Vs Regal (Regal, desperate to beat his former protege breaks out the old knuckles)

Sylvan Vs Chris Benoit (Benoit wins a squash)

Lashley Vs Animal (a short stiff brawl that Lashley wins via DQ)

Finlay Vs Gunner Scott (Scott, almost pulls the upset again but Finlay uses his trusty weapon)

Nitro Vs Mercury (London and Kendrick run in and causes a double DQ)

JBL Vs Gregory Helms (JBL wins a squash and earns a bye)

(I think they can get 8 matches in as they got 7 matches in for this weeks show and rey/orton got time)

The second round takes place on 5/5

Angle Vs Booker (Angle wins a competive match)

Regal Vs Benoit (Benoit wins another great match with Regal)

Lashley Vs Finlay (short intense brawl ending in DCO)

JBL gets another draw.

The winner of the KOTR semi-finals and finals meet Rey for the title at JD.

Semi-Finals (5/12)

Kurt Angle D. Benoit in a long usual good match between the two (JBL commentates)

Finals

Kurt Angle defeats JBL

That sets up Angle/Mysterio, JBL/Benoit for the US title in another gimmick, MnM Vs London and Kendrick, UT/Singh (or UT/Henry-buried alive, which is possible), Lashley/Finlay street fight and two other matches for JD.

Guest Zarock

Is JBL/Chris Benoit a dark match? 'Cause I'd love to see those two kick the shit out of each other in a cage.

IT shouldn't be since it was advertised on WWE.com since before the tapings, and there is a segment on the show where Teddy Long announces it. Not sure why they would have Benoit wrestle Simon Dean, though. But hey, two Benoit matches, good stuff.

Is there any info on Dalip, aside from him being a little under 8 feet tall, and quite possibly the worst wrestler to ever step foot in a ring? Have any of you guys had the chance to see him in person yet? I remember reading from someone on another site a month or so ago, that said Dalip makes the Giant Gonzales look like Kurt Angle in comparison, as far as in-ring skills go.

You think they are going to acknowledge Dalip was in "The Longest Yard" or do they plan on just ignoring that and hoping most people don't recognize him?

Hawk 34, I like the way you think.

I've been saying that for a while now.

[Heenan] HE MUST BE TWENTY FEET TALL!!! [/Heenan]

Haha. Those were the days. Remember when the Yeti came out and attacked Hogan ? Or when the Giant first showed up in WCW and "nearly killed" Hogan after the War Games match ? Dramatic over-selling at it's finest.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

When Booker eventually snaps and beats the shit out of Teddy Long, are we supposed to boo him?

They should turn Long heel, and have him re-make Doom.

It would be Long as the manager / mouth piece for Mark Henry, Bobby Lashley, and Booker T.

Ah yeah.

I still can't believe Long has been GM for awhile now, I figured he would be gone by now. He hardly even exists, which isn't a bad thing. He just shows up now and then but he doesn't really feel like he is there. He pisses of the heels and plays to the crowd but it doesn't always feel like he runs the place.

Oh, Booker T doesn't need a mouthpiece.

It would be Long as the manager / mouth piece for Mark Henry, Bobby Lashley, and Booker T would be part of the stable, but he does his own talking.

EFA.

We don't need a nation re-mix. That is what it would be if WWE went that direction, Long did the militant black manager angle a couple years ago and while it inspired a few good one-liners, it was a horrible character and storyline.

I know man, I know. I was being sarcastic. I thought you'd see the "Ah yeah." part and know I wasn't being serious.

I take it serious because WWE is always ready to do those angles, just witness Jamal the other day. It's only inevitable that we have another stereotypical gay character again. (Whatever happened to Jordan's bi-sexual character?)

Good question. I don't have an answer, but maybe a theory on it.

WWF booking is completely null and void of logic, and they simply forgot about it.