TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Backlash Main Event announced...

Don't know if it's already posted, but on the front page of WWE.com, the announced Edge Vs. HHH Vs. Cena for the main event of Backlash.

Guest Princess Leena

What I would like to see out of this is a pregnant 200-pound Stephanie squashing Lita. Re-unite her with HHH, already.

What I would like to see out of this is a pregnant 200-pound Stephanie squashing Lita. Re-unite her with HHH, already.

Yeah like that suggestion.

If Vince was smart...Edge would win this match, without question. Or at the very least, HHH would win without totally beginning to destroy the reputations of the other two opponents in the match.

But of course, one or both of them may get buried at Backlash. I can't wait for Triple H's 11th Reign. We should take bets on how long this'll last.

I say till next Backlash.

Guest Princess Leena

HHH is probably going to take some time off when his kid pops out. So, I doubt he'd keep the title for long. My guess is he wins it at Backlash... pisses everyone off by beating RVD at ONS... then, jobs the title back to Cena, to further piss people off.

Even if Edge wins, he'll give it right back up.

HHH or Cena has to be champ going into ONS II. It doesn't work if Edge is the champ RVD faces at ONS II. It has to be either HHH or Cena going into ECW territory.

Even if Edge wins, he'll give it right back up.

HHH or Cena has to be champ going into ONS II. It doesn't work if Edge is the champ RVD faces at ONS II. It has to be either HHH or Cena going into ECW territory.

Honestly, I hope it's HHH.

I can only imagine the chants that the fans will be chanting for HHH.

Well, I'm bored with HHH on top of Raw but he's never going away so...

At least that looks like a really decent main event match. HHH is one of the top 5 workers in WWE, Edge is in the top 10, and Cena may have piss-poor looking offense but he can be in very good matches with the right people (HHH, Edge, Angle, and JBL (!) so far).

I wonder what RVD will be doing at Backlash? And Shelton? And the Spirit Squad? And...

I actually think Cena will simply retain here. As I've said, they cannot even dare to job RVD out at One Night Stand for a variety of reasons, so he has to get some kind of run with the title. In fact there might be a very ugly situation with Heyman and the other ECW guys if they were going to job RVD there.

I am calling Cena beating Edge, but not HHH. That way you can keep the HHH/Cena feud going to Vengeance for a HIAC match, RVD could defend vs. Edge or Shelton (maybe both?). Then at SS you can go in a variety of directions.

Well, its better than Cena / HHH II and we finally get what some people wanted to see for the WM 22 main event so I'm all for it. Either way, Edge will be the fall guy in the match and I see HHH going over for title win number 11 more so than Cena retaining.

I would take another year long Cena reign, starting the Raw PPV after ONS, just to see him in front of the ECW crowd.

And one more thing, is it just a running joke to put Shelton's name in any comment concerning would-be challengers for the WWE title? He's never getting a shot!

I'd much rather see Trips in front of the ECW crowd. Cena gets shit on by regular fans, they can only go so much farther with him. Trips on the other hand would be priceless, as there's so much shit the net fans would be dying to chant at him.

Fuck that.

Kurt Angle Vs. Undertaker, No Way Out >>>>>>>>>>> Any Finlay match since his WWE return. Angle has the MOTY so far, so he should be ranked above Finlay. Yeah sure Finlay is a cool character with a tough irish atittude, but he is not a better worker then Kurt F'n Angle!

Finlay vs. Rey on Smackdown a few weeks ago is my current MOTY. Probably not the most popular pick at the moment, but there ya go. I haven't seen Wrestlemania yet, so I don't know if there are any candidates there. Angle & Undertaker was awesomeness... but finishers were getting killed left and right. It's kinda DVDRish to say it... BUT YOU DON'T COUNTER THE TRIANGLE CHOKE DAMMIT! It was still a great match though. Credit to both men. But Finlay and Rey was just fucking awesomeness to watch. I was there, so maybe I have some bias to it, but it blew away anything I saw at that show and have seen this year. And the ending was perfect in timing and execution. Finlay is the best heel wrestling wise to Rey Mysterio, probably the best face-in-peril in the WWE. It worked so well.

And at this time, I am more entertained by Finlay than Angle. Finlay has the subtle stuff down to a science and he is awesome in his Rudo Dick Heel mode. He just carries himself in that ring better than any other, and sells like a mofo. He made smarks want to see more of Lashley, and at the time, that was a hard thing to do. Finlay's work with with Lashley has made me a Lashley fan!

Kurt Angle can only do so much... and his body is totally falling apart on him. I love him as a worker... but I can't place him over FINLAY~! at this time.

My Top 5

1. Finlay

2. Rey Mysterio

3. Kurt Angle

4. Chris Benoit

5. Jamie BY GOD Noble

Angle, Finlay, Mysterio, Undertaker or Benoit, none of them have MOTY. Stop throwing those letters around when they don't and especially when it's 3 months into the year.

Angle, Finlay, Mysterio, Undertaker or Benoit, none of them have MOTY. Stop throwing those letters around when they don't and especially when it's 3 months into the year.

I'm not saying it's going to be MOTY. There will be something that will trump it. No doubt. I'm just saying for the moment, if this was all the matches we had this year, this match would be at the top.

I'm not saying it's going to be MOTY. There will be something that will trump it. No doubt. I'm just saying for the moment, if this was all the matches we had this year, this match would be at the top.

3 Months into 2006, they don't have the MOTY. I'm not saying they haven't had great matches but nothing to label moty's yet. I'd give Angle/Taker: NWO and Edge/Foley the top slots on the WWE list and I think they will probably hold up for awhile as well.