TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

***Impact spoilers***

*Samoa Joe defeated Christopher Daniels to regain the X-Division championship. It appears Joe vs. Sabu at Lockdown will be for the X-Division title.

*The former Spike Dudley, Matt Hyson debuted during the Team 3D vs. America's Most Wanted Street Fight.

shut up mole

Incoming results lifted from PWTorch message boards (a little more detail)...

TNA iMPACT! airs this Thursday April the 13th

Samoa Joe def. Christopher Daniels to win back the X Division title via a top rope Island Driver. The match went about 13 minutes. Daniels was a bloody mess.

Sting cut a promo and said he will announce his team for Lockdown later in the show.

Team 3D vs AMW ended in a no contest. Gail Kim and Jackie had a cat fight during the match. Team Canada ran in but Spike Dudley made his TNA debut making the save for Team 3D.

Sting defeated Eric Young The match was around 8 minutes long. Sting took a hard bump against the guardrail, and he did plancha dive out of the ring onto Alex Shelley and Eric Young. Sting won with a Scorpion Deathlock. Shelley attacked Sting after the match, but Shelley got put into the Scorpion Deathlock. Jarrett then came out and tried to hit Sting with a guitar, Sting used his bat to block the guitar shot. AMW then came out, followed by Scott Steiner and they beat up Sting. AJ Styles, Rhino and Ron Killings came out for the save, and they will be Sting's partners at Lockdown

TNA iMPACT! airs next Thursday April the 20th

Christian Cage cut a promo on Abyss to start the show. James Mitchell inturrupted Christian via the videoscreen, and distracted Christian so that Abyss could attack him. Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam on Cage and then he grabbed his chains and started to choke him. Abyss then picked up the title and held it in Christian's face, and Abyss' music hit.

AJ Styles, Rhino & Ron "The Truth" Killings defeated The Diamonds In The Rough when Truth hit the Axe Kick on Skipper. It went 6 minutes and was not a very good match at all.

Referee Marc Johnson went up to Zbysco backstage and said that Raven mailed him something and he handed it to Larry.

Team Canada defeated Team USA (Sonjay Dutt, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin) , it was a regular match, it is not apart of the World X Cup, at least according to David Penzer. Alex Shelley refused to tag in throughout the match, but then when they didn't tag him in he said "Why didn't you tag me in?" A1 pinned Jay Lethal when Lethal miscommunicated with Shelley.

Jeff Jarrett & AMW vs. Team 3D & Spike is going on.

I was hoping for some Goldberg.

Silly, Porter. Samoa Joe has talent.

He may have talent, but he's stuck in the wrong decade. A guy like Joe would have killed in the 1980's, but casual wrestling fans have been brainwashed over the past 15 years to only care about the big guys. Goldberg would easily out draw Joe.

...how big IS Joe? Really? At least 6'3" or so, aye? Massive frame, looks like he hits harder than most real fighters do...yeah, he'd get over huge if booked just like he's being booked: he may lose a belt, but he won't be pinned or made to tap to lose it.

...how big IS Joe? Really? At least 6'3" or so, aye? Massive frame, looks like he hits harder than most real fighters do...yeah, he'd get over huge if booked just like he's being booked: he may lose a belt, but he won't be pinned or made to tap to lose it.

Joe, is 6'1 legit.

Shocked to hear Joe winning the title back, but makes sense since the Daniels/Liger thing went to shit. Problem now is, though, how to get the belt off him and again, if they want to really move him "up" they cant just job him out of nowhere. And he shouldnt really have the belt for a huge amount of time again IMO either.

TNA might have a problem there with what they hotshotted there (or assumed to b/c of the Liger issue)

Samoa Joe is the 2006 ECW Taz.

If he went to the WWE, and they actually used him right, think of the possibility of great matches.

Joe Vs. Angle

Joe Vs. Benoit

Joe Vs. RVD

Joe Vs. Finlay

Joe Vs. Benjamin

and so on..

I'm glad Joe is champ again.

Seriously...his first loss should come to whatever X guy they are going to push to the top of the division with AJ and Daniels (Sabin/Lethal) That loss should MAKE that guy as a top X talent.

Also...the the thing about Joe is that he is that rare talent that could not just change wrestling...but REDEFINE it. Austin did it with the Attitude era. Hogan did it with the expansion of WWF into everyone in the countries home.

Samoa Joe is rare. Samoa Joe has an undefinable quality that everyone from Norman Smiley to Jesus H. Benoit to God himself HHH lacks.

The ability to be something so different from what came before it...and so good at what he is...that it could define a generation of wresting.

Now...since he's not in WWE on the grand stage...and if he were they would never book him to be it (which becomes funnier as they try to force JOHN CENA down our throats) it won't happen.

So we have to settle for what he is.

Samoa Joe...the best pro wrestler in North America today.

Bar...No one.

Wasn't it only last week that Larry Z told Joe he was out of the X Division and wouldn't be getting another shot ?

Samoa Joe...the best pro wrestler in North America today ?

In-ring ? No doubt.

Christian Cage cut a promo on Abyss to start the show. James Mitchell inturrupted Christian via the videoscreen, and distracted Christian so that Abyss could attack him. Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam on Cage and then he grabbed his chains and started to choke him. Abyss then picked up the title and held it in Christian's face, and Abyss' music hit.

I just love that spot. Especially when it is done like HBK/Austin in the build up to WM14

What's the point in having Samoa Joe regain the X Division Championship? Shouldn't they be concentrating on moving him up into the heavyweight division instead? His loss at Destination X would have been a perfect setup as he could have claimed to have never have been pinned or made to submit and, as such, his undeafted streak was still intact. As much as I love Joe, and the X division, I can only see this leading to yet more Joe/Daniels/Styles matches.

TNA need to start booking Christian in matches on Impact. He just looks like a shitty a champion when he never seems to defend a title he harps on a about being so prestigious.

Also, does anyone know what name Spike Dudley is using in TNA?

Um, sounds like emergency booking with Liger pulling out. Now how do they get it off of him? Nobody has been built up at all for the big win. The booking for this promotion is so horrible, it is a disservice to the great workers they have.

The first Thursday IMPACT! sounds really good and then the second one sounds really blah. I gotta remember it's on Thursday.

TNA need to start booking Christian in matches on Impact. He just looks like a shitty a champion when he never seems to defend a title he harps on a about being so prestigious.

Because... it's not much of a prestigious belt if any old wrestler get's a shot every week on TV. They're trying to build the belt to mean something, and having it defended on TV every week would not help towards that aim at all as surely not everyone who would be having these title shots would be anywhere near deserving.

Plus, the idea then is that the NWA title match becomes something special and merely the fact the belt is on the line and the Champ is in action can help draw a bigger buyrate, or, if needed, pop a TV rating for a special Impact! or something.

It's the same reason Flair didn't defend the NWA title on WorldWide or whatever every week during the 1980s.

However, Christian does need to be on Impact more, even if it's just doing commentary or something on a match to keep him - and the title - in the minds of the fans.

Because... it's not much of a prestigious belt if any old wrestler get's a shot every week on TV. They're trying to build the belt to mean something, and having it defended on TV every week would not help towards that aim at all as surely not everyone who would be having these title shots would be anywhere near deserving.

Plus, the idea then is that the NWA title match becomes something special and merely the fact the belt is on the line and the Champ is in action can help draw a bigger buyrate, or, if needed, pop a TV rating for a special Impact! or something.

It's the same reason Flair didn't defend the NWA title on WorldWide or whatever every week during the 1980s.

However, Christian does need to be on Impact more, even if it's just doing commentary or something on a match to keep him - and the title - in the minds of the fans.

I can understand that but you don't have to have defend it every week. Just from time to time. I kind of doubt that the fact the title only ever seems to be defended at PPV's makes the matches any more appealing to people. It just seems that Christian has done nothing with the belt other than one crappy match with Monty Brown. In my eyes, it makes him look like a weak champion.

When you mentioned Flair it reminded me of the old NWA interviews. They had the interview off to the side of the ring in a little setup. They should bring that back and have an occational brawl during the segments. Plus the fans actually get to see whats going on in person instead of watching backstage segments on a screen.

Guest Timmer

Sounds like they took 2 steps backwards as far as Samoa Joe is concerned. They just wasted the last couple of months...

If they did it because of Liger pulling out, couldn't they had just brought in someon eelse from Japan or Mexico?

And now AJ is going to go back to the heavyweights...thank go. Maybe they can borrow some more poeple from ROH to battle for the X belt.

When is Aries coming back?

And Spike Dudley must pay 1/2 his salary to Bubba and Devon, without themhe has no job.

I can't stand the Dudleys any more... now we get to see the Dudleys versus the Canadians is a 6 man tag...

WOOPIE DOO

Sorry, I'm done ranting, just getting tired of the lazy booking

Sounds like they took 2 steps backwards as far as Samoa Joe is concerned. They just wasted the last couple of months...

If they did it because of Liger pulling out, couldn't they had just brought in someon eelse from Japan or Mexico?

And now AJ is going to go back to the heavyweights...thank go. Maybe they can borrow some more poeple from ROH to battle for the X belt.

When is Aries coming back?

And Spike Dudley must pay 1/2 his salary to Bubba and Devon, without themhe has no job.

I can't stand the Dudleys any more... now we get to see the Dudleys versus the Canadians is a 6 man tag...

WOOPIE DOO

Sorry, I'm done ranting, just getting tired of the lazy booking

So do I. Joe winning the X title back is nothing more than a downgrade to him anyway you slice it. Plus what the fuck do you do with Daniels now?!!

Guest CWMwasmurdered

I can understand that but you don't have to have defend it every week. Just from time to time. I kind of doubt that the fact the title only ever seems to be defended at PPV's makes the matches any more appealing to people. It just seems that Christian has done nothing with the belt other than one crappy match with Monty Brown. In my eyes, it makes him look like a weak champion.

I believe Christian is filming a movie. At least he was doing that.

"For fans that tune in this Thursday night, the Daniels vs. Joe bout kicks off the program and is already joined in progress. In this TNAwrestling.com exclusive, our online fans can watch the beginning portion of the bout that won’t be aired on television!" - TNA Website.