TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Sean Salisbury called Big Ben "The Derek Jeter of Football"

After making TWO playoffs and winning ONE Superbowl.

Wha?

Sean Salisbury isn't really fit to cover football. I mean I know he played and all but sometimes after listening to him I wonder if he knows anything about the sport.

Actually that goes for a lot of people on ESPN.

Guest Princess Leena

Big Ben is CLUTCH~!

TEAM LEADER~!

All the Steelers shall go get killed on bikes.

Guest Princess Leena
Sean Salisbury isn't really fit to cover football. I mean I know he played and all but sometimes after listening to him I wonder if he knows anything about the sport.

Actually that goes for a lot of people on ESPN.

You wonder if he does?

He only has his job because he knows how to play an obnoxious jerk, very well.

Guest Felonies!
Sean Salisbury called Big Ben "The Derek Jeter of Football"

After making TWO playoffs and winning ONE Superbowl.

Wha?

It's obviously Brady, for all the good and bad reasons.

Football is too team-centric for there to be any singular "clutch" player. Brady and Ben need his receivers to catch their passes, their o-line to block and their RBs to run for them to be successful (on top of Vinatieri's kicks in Brady's case).

Football is too team-centric for there to be any singular "clutch" player. Brady and Ben need his receivers to catch their passes, their o-line to block and their RBs to run for them to be successful (on top of Vinatieri's kicks in Brady's case).

You shut your mouth. Don't you know that according to ESPN Reggie Bush could run for 600 yards and 20 TDs in one game and be the only one on the field for his team at the time? He's also going to rebuild the city of NO with his bare hands.

Guest Princess Leena

If only the Saints could move to Oklahoma City... Dama would love Reggie.

If only the Saints could move to Oklahoma City... Dama would love Reggie.

We don't have room for a pro stadium. And my love for the Eagles would eclipse any hometown NFL team.

Damn that would suck if he ended up on my team. I don't know what I'd do. I mean I'd still love the team but be pissed that he's playing on the team.

It'd be quite a pickle.

Has anyone seen the ESPN/Make a Wish segments they are airing this week? Some of these are really touching, like the young girl with Brain cancer getting to meet the Mariners with her old little league baseball team.

I thought the one on Sunday was pretty cool. Kid with sickle cell anemia gets to be a coach for a day, that's a nice thing. I thought it was cool how all the Eagles accepted him as such.

Athletes aren't all pricks, despite what the media wants you to believe.

Don't you know that according to ESPN Reggie Bush could run for 600 yards and 20 TDs in one game and be the only one on the field for his team at the time?

Well, to be fair, he did it in high school...and he did that in college.

Guest Princess Leena
I thought the one on Sunday was pretty cool. Kid with sickle cell anemia gets to be a coach for a day, that's a nice thing. I thought it was cool how all the Eagles accepted him as such.

Athletes aren't all pricks, despite what the media wants you to believe.

That was a really nice one. It was a bit surprising to see how all the Eagles were nice to him. Even in training camp, many players can be jerks to little kids asking for autographs and such. It made the Monday one with the cancer girl look weak, lol.

But, the probable reason for this is the neverending "J-Mac" crap they're hyping for the Espy's, which I find absolutely revolting, but we don't need to get into that again.

I hope the kid J-Mac really enjoyed it, but the fact that all the students had the face on a stick for him, and having fire up shot after shot made it seem moe like a "made for ESPN" moment.

So hopefully it is good for the kid, but its definetely gone overboard.

Guest JustPassinBy
I hope the kid J-Mac really enjoyed it, but the fact that all the students had the face on a stick for him, and having fire up shot after shot made it seem moe like a "made for ESPN" moment.

The problem with that story is that the kid isnt even physically handicapped. I mean, he has a few mental problems, but high level autism isnt that big of obstacle when it comes to playing physical sports.

If you've seen that kid interviewed, he seems pretty normal.

Thats why all the hype about that story doesnt really fit.

I think a guy climbing Mt. Everest without any legs, or Lance Armstrong's comeback from cancer all over his body, were more impressive than this.

Jim Abbot making the major leagues with only 1 hand...more impressive.

Galludet football team--that was a better story.

The problem with that story is that the kid isnt even physically handicapped. I mean, he has a few mental problems, but high level autism isnt that big of obstacle when it comes to playing physical sports.

If you've seen that kid interviewed, he seems pretty normal.

Thats why all the hype about that story doesnt really fit.

I think a guy climbing Mt. Everest without any legs, or Lance Armstrong's comeback from cancer all over his body, were more impressive than this.

Jim Abbot making the major leagues with only 1 hand...more impressive.

Galludet football team--that was a better story.

He has LOW level autism and is enrolling in the local community college this fall. The media protrays it like he's off to the group home to be a janitor at Wendey's after high school. I'm so sick of this story as the local media in Rochester won't let it die. It was headline news everyday for about 3 months and now that he's nominated for an ESPY the media has an excuss to shove the story down everyone's throat again.

He also signed a movie deal. I can't wait to see the creative liberties they're going to take.

I can't even watch sportscenter anymore. It's very hard. I usually watch ATH and PTI.

And the worst PTI guest host: Jason Whitlock. My god he's horrible. And Duke can suck a nut for all i care. The lack of woddy paige on ATH is just horrible. Marrioti is unbearable if woddy isn't on.

Best show on ESPN: Sports reporters. John Saunders, Mike Lupica, Bob Ryan and someother guy. Good stuff there.

Best show on ESPN: Sports reporters. John Saunders, Mike Lupica, Bob Ryan and someother guy. Good stuff there.

I like it as well, but it's been hit and miss lately. Lupica is awful as host when Saunders is away -- he's a really bad moderator. And the day they had Stephen A. Smith and Dan LeBatard made me want to scratch someone's eyes out.

The best combo is probably Saunders, Lupica, Ryan and Albom, but I haven't seen that one as much lately.

Guest Felonies!
high level autism isnt that big of obstacle when it comes to playing physical sports.

He has LOW level autism and is enrolling in the local community college this fall.

I think he meant high-functioning autism. I'd wager that it's probably a considerable obstacle, though.

Guest Princess Leena

What pisses me off most is the usual media types treating it like a great accomplishment... and tricking those families with autistic/retarded/kids.

He was left alone to shoot outside shots. It was fixed. Anyone with the strength to shoot a basketball 20 feet can do this. There's people in wheelchairs and people in worse condition than McElwain who could do the same thing.

The moral of the story is that we should all feel good for letting this autistic kid be the star of a basketball game.

Fuck that. McElwain would have just as happy if they put him in for a minute, maybe gave him a basket, the crowd cheers and everyone is happy. Not this built up garbage to make it an "amazing" story.

And if people involved with him are continuing this and making a movie out of it... fuck them too. It's disgusting.

Most disabled people want to do things by themself. Handing things to them does not make them happy.

He also signed a movie deal. I can't wait to see the creative liberties they're going to take.

Someone's got to be the heel. Probably the coach, and the star player for the other team.