TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Guest Princess Leena

They used to be.

Now, more include star athletes, and are lame. The ones with tennis players were especially bad.

They used to be.

Now, more include star athletes, and are lame. The ones with tennis players were especially bad.

I like the one with the Mannings just because it's always funny to see the Mannings acting like morons. But yeah, those ESPN spots are starting to get too cute.

Guest Princess Leena
I guess i'm the only one that like Whitlock. I liked him and lebatard on PTI.

You'd be the only one that can stand LeBatard.

And the Peyton/Eli one was cute.

I hate the Manning/Manning one ... but then again, I hate Eli & Peyton with a passion, so it's not a stretch for me to dislike their ad.

And I used to dislike Whitlock until I heard that he got canned from ESPN for calling out "Scoop" Jackson, the writer on espn.com. Now I respect his willingness to go against the corporate grain for something that he believes in.

Guest Princess Leena

He was canned more for bitching about not being their top writer, or some ego-filled crap.

Guest Paul
I guess i'm the only one that like Whitlock. I liked him and lebatard on PTI.

That's a PTI that I can't watch.

I just caught John Cena on Cold Pizza. He got the #3 play of the day for super-plexing Taker and FUing Booker. Jay talked to Cena about taking on Taker and about his movie "The Marine." Jay mentioned The Rock and how he misses the live crowd. Cena said if he wanted to act full time, he would still work two jobs, acting and wrestling. Jay showed a clip of A.J. Piercsynski(sp?) in TNA, Cena made his comments, and then A.J. walked in with his X-Division belt(Cena had his WWE title belt with him). They went over the tale of the tape between A.J. and Cena,a little trash talk, another movie plug, and that was pretty much it.

Guest Felonies!

Those ESPN credit card commercials are kind of lame, and it's probably another destined-to-fail venture, but don't you just want to rail the girl in the green dress?

Those ESPN credit card commercials are kind of lame, and it's probably another destined-to-fail venture, but don't you just want to rail the girl in the green dress?

I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Guest Felonies!

I also like how at the bottom where it shows the most popular searches, #2 after Cory Lidle is Bill Simmons playing video games with Tiger Woods. So much for putting things in perspective, I guess.

It would just kick off an endless stream of "inside sources are telling ESPN that TO is going to return on XXXX date with XXXX team" rumors. We'd all be sick of Chris Mortensen.

I already am.

Reason ESPN Sucks: Their handling of the Chris Leak fumble last week. SportSouth showed a replay that was literally the ESPN2 feed tonight, and how everyone on there reacted was pitiful. Someone suggested once that it actually was a fumble and got virtually louded down.