TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

But, honestly, do rivalries mean anything to anyone outside of those who have a vested interest in the team? I live outside of Portland, OR and the Oregon-Oregon State game is HUGE here, but I don't think much of the rest of the country cares. Being 1 vs 2 puts a little extra luster on the game, but does it make "the biggest game in the history of college football" as ESPN is making it out to be?

Oregon/Oregon State is not on the national level the way OSU/Michigan is. This game is the equivalent of a Yankees/Red Sox World Series if that were possible.

MY NAME IS STEPHEN A. SMITH AND I HAVE AN OPINION

I happened to leave this on in the background while typing something up and I'm about to put him on a hit list for when I visit New York.

Ohio State/Michigan is must watch, even when it's not #1 vs #2.

I'm going to a game tomorrow, and I'm getting out there early enough that I won't miss a minute of Bucks/Wolverines.

I said "fuck work" the second I realized that tomorrow was already THE Saturday. Fortunately, my managers understand that Saturdays are a big deal for me, what with the orange T car magnet and pom poms trailing off the trunklid.

EDIT: Whoops, this is the ESPN bitching thread. Okay, my gripe in this post is that the hype got to me.

So if we don't watch OSU/Michigan tommorow, Not only will we be losers but Borat will die? Fuck that, I'm watching Lucha.

After watching Monday Night Football, I must say the team of Kornheiser, Theisman and the other guy is horrible. Although i get a kick out of Theisman's utter hate for Kornheiser.

Guest Princess Leena

I like Kornheiser, but he's a poor fit for MNF. He obviously just doesn't follow football enough. So, he's trying to be more of a Dennis Miller-type, and that just doesn't work. Especially considering this is ESPN, not ABC. And MNF is not what it used to be, but I doubt ESPN will ever accept that.

Oh, and special guests. Just show the football game. I don't need to constantly see some black guy while the game is going on.

Kornheiser's the worst football announcer I've ever heard. Guy doesn't seem like he knows anything about football. It's amazing how he can make Theismann seem smart on occasion. It's like watching a sporting event with your mom or grandma who doesn't follow sports and having them make commentary throughout.

Another thing that bothered me recently was how some douches were trying to create a QB controversy in KC when Herm Edwards repeatedly stated that there was no question Trent Green was the #1 guy. I mean, they'd show a clip of Herm saying that, then try to argue. That breif clip of Sports Center reminded me why I never watch it.

Guest Felonies!
I don't need to constantly see some black guy while the game is going on.

UGH! I don't want to see black people! I want to watch the NFL!

I liked Kornheiser's residual bitterness over Jacksonville's Super Bowl. "There have been many great Super Bowl dynasties, but the New York Giants have a broadcasting dynasty! Look how many commentators come from New York! You know where they don't come from? Jacksonville." He was really spitting the word out.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Another reason why ESPN sucks.because their showing bull riding instead of Cheap Seats on ESPN classic

Woody Paige is leaving! :angry:

I loved Woody Paige when Around the Horn first started. Since then, I've discovered two important things about him:

1. He's not funny

2. He knows nothing about sports

Guest Princess Leena

Paige is only leaving Cold Pizza... he'll still be doing Around the Horn from Denver, probably.

I kinda found him funny at the start, but then they overdid the gimmick like every ESPN person does.

ESPNEWS is horrible.

How can anyone watch it baffles me.

The Hotlist is still good. It was fantastic when Brian Kenny was the lead anchor, but has slipped somewhat in the last year. At least they still go outside the box when bringing in people to talk about certain subjects. You won't see Baseball Prospectus guys anywhere else besides ESPNEWS.

ESPNEWS is horrible.

How can anyone watch it baffles me.

The Hotlist is still good. It was fantastic when Brian Kenny was the lead anchor, but has slipped somewhat in the last year. At least they still go outside the box when bringing in people to talk about certain subjects. You won't see Baseball Prospectus guys anywhere else besides ESPNEWS.

No it doesn't.

This makes Sportsnet here in Canada more enjoyable.

Right now on ESPN Classic: A fucking CAR AUCTION.

You know a good hockey game would be nice to put in there.

Of course Hockey is quite foreign to 210 million Americans.

You know a good hockey game would be nice to put in there.

Of course Hockey is quite foreign to 210 million Americans.

First we'll worry about ESPN Classic showing actual games on tv, and then we'll get to the particulars.

I'm surprised no one's made a run at a competing classic sports channel.

Guest Princess Leena

Lol. Classic has been a total joke for years now, though. I think every time I turn on that channel, there's poker.

ESPN Classic was originally not owned by ESPN... it was Classic Network somewhere.

The problem is that I assume it's too expensive to get the rights to enough programming. Even for the specialized sports channels (golf, tennis, etc...) they can't afford to get the old stuff from the big channels.

That is the case, Leena. They really should stop calling it "ESPN Classics". Just call it, "ESPN: Alternative non-physical sports". They show games on ESPN U. That's cool, but it's not as widespread of a programing option as Classics is.

The only real sport they re-air on regular basis is Boxing and it's always the same Mike Tyson marathon or really old Friday Night Boxing shows.

Guest Princess Leena

What I don't get is that ESPN already has a ton of classic shit to show...

They've had baseball and hockey for many years, including the playoffs. Tennis, they have a huge library. With football, I know the NFL are assholes about it... but, they can easily fill all the time.

But, no, poker poker poker.