TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

The radio versions of the MNF ads are even worse than the TV ones because the voiceover guy gets to drone on and on seemingly forever...

Oh, and Mike Lupica seriously needs to have his jaw and all of his limbs horrifically broken.

It seemed like Schaap used to have a better reign on Sports Reporters. Saunders now has a tendency to use the show to go on soapbox rants on racism and all that, which is ok for a while but dude we get the point.

The thing Lupica keeps saying that annoys me is about the BCS and Big East, his spiel of "IF we're going to include the Big East then we have to worry about one team going undefeated." What the hell does he mean by "IF?" The Big East is the #3 rated conference right now, with 2 top 10 teams (U of L, WVU), an unbeaten Rutgers, and some other teams that are either bowl eligible or may become eligible (USF, Pitt, maybe Cincy). Fact is, the Big East has sent maybe 1 truly mediocre team to the BCS in recent memory, and that was Pitt in 2004 when Miami and WVU left and U of L had yet to join.

The way the BCS eligibility works is that a conference has a few years to maintain a top 10 rating for its champion (maybe it's top 12 now, I forget). If anything, the ACC is the conference that has sent these crappy FSU teams to the BCS courtesy of the ACC title game. Even in that down year when Pitt won the Big East the BE was allowed to use U of L's top 10 finish in that year's BCS, since that was the year Louisville joined.

Michael Smith just ripped ESPN for overhyping guys like Owens and Bush to death as he was booted off Around the Horn. Quite a little rant.

Then he goes off and writes a piece saying that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will be known as the two greatest QB's of all time.

Guest Princess Leena

I agree that Saunders is too preachy. But, the biggest problem is that every weekday, there's 1 or arguably 2 similar shows that are better.

Alright, so some fucker(Dean Kar-something) on Cold Pizza was talking about how he ran 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states. I want some of those drugs that he was on when he decided to do this.

Guest Princess Leena

So, ESPN is loving Magic Johnson on his 15 year anniversary announcing he had HIV.

While it's nice what he's done with his life after getting HIV (even though he's receiving the best care possible with his riches, whereas most common people in his condition would likely be dead by now...), calling Magic a "hero" and such, is ridiculous. Let's not forget that Magic had a wife and children. He was extremely wrong to get himself into this position.

So, ESPN is loving Magic Johnson on his 15 year anniversary announcing he had HIV.

While it's nice what he's done with his life after getting HIV (even though he's receiving the best care possible with his riches, whereas most common people in his condition would likely be dead by now...), calling Magic a "hero" and such, is ridiculous. Let's not forget that Magic had a wife and children. He was extremely wrong to get himself into this position.

He could play basketball so all is forgiven. Plus you know, he's still sick and could still take that turn for the worse and drop dead. Reporters are just protecting their asses.

I finally sat down and watched the ESPN thing "Top Five Reasons you can't blame" and listening to the fellow lazy ass skiers saying "It wasn't Bode's fault, he was awesome in the Olympics! Did you see the way he totally didn't fall down and like, made the crowd clap? Making the crowd clap is way more important than a stupid medal!"

Yeah you know, bite me. You are Olympians, you go to the Olympics to win medals. Cause you know, if you win a medal, people CLAP. You brain dead morons!

I can't wait for the Top Five Reasons you can't blame ESPN for turning into a horrible network. That's going to be a great one.

Seems ever since PTI became a hit in like '01 or '02, every ESPN segment must involve some sort of back and forth argument with a couple of blowhards that are generally clueless.

Yeah, that's pretty much true. They have guys like Clayton and Salsbury arguing PTI style, who really have to try to disagree with eachother. It's as if the director said "okay, remember you HATE him!" Clayton tries to act all tough when they disagree, and it comes out like a bully's just taken his lunch money. It is really awkward to watch.

ESPN is not the only ones coping the PTI debate style, so is ABC, NBC and CBS.

Salisbury is obviously giving someone a handy to keep his job. He's the Worst NFL analyst out there.

Guest Felonies!
Michael Irvin is entertainable.

Yeah, Steve Young waves shiny things in front of him to keep him distracted.

Hey Bob Ryan, newsflash, the Celtics haven't been good in like 25 years and the NBA isn't really that popular anymore. So can you just *try* to talk about (or give a shit about) the other sports for a while. I know they're not as "pure" as basketball but could you at least try I know you think baseball is boring and that football is "barbaric" but a lot of people *do* like them

Salisbury is obviously giving someone a handy to keep his job. He's the Worst NFL analyst out there.

Worse than Michael Irvin? :huh:

At least Irvin won a superbowl. What the fuck is Sean salisbury steak known for? I'd go as far as saying he's the most annoying person on ESPN. He's up there with Scott, Greenie and the douche from the broncos.

Guest Princess Leena

Salisbury is easily the worst. I don't think he's ever said anything intelligent. He just fills the role of obnoxious, "pretty boy" QB (despite Sean being fat), and ESPN probably couldn't get any respectable former QB's to do the job.

At least Irvin won a superbowl. What the fuck is Sean salisbury steak known for? I'd go as far as saying he's the most annoying person on ESPN. He's up there with Scott, Greenie and the douche from the broncos.

Schlereth or Jackson?

Schlereth or Jackson?

Schlereth is probably one of the very few intelligent and not-annoying analysts on the entire network, much less the ones involved with the football package.

Guest Paul

Salisbury is the self proclaimed "greatest backup QB of all time".

Yeah, the stuff with him and Clayton is really forced, and Clayton looks really...strange.

Schlereth or Jackson?

Schlereth. I can't hate Jackson because of Jacked up. Schlereth isn't that bad unless he's by himself on NFL live with Wingoho.

Clayton looks like Gollum. Kornheiser need's to stop with the Emmy pitches before the game.

Kornheiser is a columnist and since he's supposed to be a throwback to Cosell, he's going to make the grand epic opening statements. Is it annoying when he tries to make Bruce Gradkowski some incredible story of triumph? Yes but if it's genuine meaningful statement, it's not that annoying.

Guest Princess Leena

I really hate the Salisbury/Clayton bits. LOLZ, you're a nerd, I beat you up! Who the fuck finds that amusing over the age of 12?

It's funny how Jackson came out the worst of the Limbaugh situation.