TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Here's a ATH quote from today...

"I felt like Matt Leinart had his finger in the dike, waiting for the flood"-Woody Paige

I know it was pointed out in the Week 6 NFL thread, but it bears repeating.

"Hollywood" Matt Leinart. You can't help but cheer for him.

In general, the MNF announce crew is terrible. Makes me want the SNF guys back. They may have been shitty and verbally blown too many players, but at least they had chemistry. This current team reminds me of the Raw Styles/Lawler/Coach team. Kornheiser and Theismann banter about nothing and are generally annoying, and Tirico just jumps in with play call during the rare moments both of them shut up.

I don't know which is worse on ESPN Classic. That, or more poker.

Hard to compare the two. Cheap Seats is never on anymore. If it weren't for the dvr, I'd never see it.

Guest Felonies!

Not ESPN ranting, this is local:

I've never been known here as a bastion of racial tolerance, but even I'm starting to think that Mike North (morning guy on The Score) is going too hard on Devin Hester. He's been ripping on the guy for sounding like an unintelligible idiot who should never talk, however, this also describes Mike North perfectly, who unlike Hester, is paid to talk. First time I heard this guy, I was like "the hell is this guy? did they just grab some putz out of a hot dog stand in Morton Grove or something?" and then I looked it up and you know what? I was absolutely right! That's exactly what they did! Anyway, hearing a guy in a really strong Chicago accent trying to do a really strong black accent is kind of weird, and certainly offensive, considering all Hester did was save our fucking asses the other night.

Kotz was right about the football high, though. I got so worked up about the win that I resorted to listening to The Score for more discussion of the game. ugh.

Anyone else catch Brooke and Hulk on Cold Pizza? Basic stuff here, plug for Brooke's CD, Hulk is supposedly less protective of Brooke now, Shaq would dominate in a steel cage match, Hulk's probably gonna wrestle at WM 23, Brooke has a crush on Vincent LeCavlier(sp?), couple other things. Nothing too special.

Anyone else catch Brooke and Hulk on Cold Pizza? Basic stuff here, plug for Brooke's CD, Hulk is supposedly less protective of Brooke now, Shaq would dominate in a steel cage match, Hulk's probably gonna wrestle at WM 23, Brooke has a crush on Vincent LeCavlier(sp?), couple other things. Nothing too special.

You forgot to mention how stupid the guy giving the interview looked.

Guest Felonies!

Is that a photoshop? Because there's a baseball one with Joe Morgan. But it's real.

ESPN has cancelled Cheap Seats. The last episode will air in November

Stupid ass ESPN. Just when the show finally finds a cool stride, it gets canned probably to air more episodes of Stump the Slob or whatever the hell it's called.

ESPNCLASSIC barely shows anything that should be considered classic sports. Unless you count constant repeats of Karate as classic.

Anyone one see that god awful Fantasy football show they have on? My god it's bad. Further proof that it doesn't always pay off when you have a hot chick hosting it.

Dammit, Cheap Seats is now gone. That was one of the only redeemable things that ESPN still had on the air. No NFL Primetime, and now no Cheap Seats. Fuck, why don't the just put on constant loops of Terrell Owens segments, and Red Sox Yankee games.

Guest Princess Leena

Cheap Seats is dead? Fuck that. I saw it coming though, since they moved it to worse and worse times, and replace it with shit like Arli$$.

Guest Princess Leena

It's a decent show, but should not be on ESPN Classic. Then again, like 80% of the programming on ESPN Classic shouldn't be on it.

In case it hasn't been mentioned, "JACKED UP!"

I swear to god, I hate that segment before every football game. It wouldn't be so bad if they would leave out that stupid thing where Irvin and everyone gets to yell, "JACKED UP!"

What's next? Woody Paige gets fired? Dan Lebtard gets his own show with Stephen A Smith? More WNBA games?

If Jason Whitlock returns I will riot. Also if ESPN ever gets rid of Brian Kenny I will stop watching the channel for ever.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd like if ESPN dumped Brian Kenny, and he used his knowledge for some place online, or whatever. He's just being wasted there.

I watched The sports reporters this morning. Holy crap that show has gotten horrible. Mike Lupica has to be the most annoying guy on there. But wait, There's Stephen A Smith. Smith is the only guy i know that can compare Corey Liddle's death to Mike Tyson's new Boxing exibitions. I couldn't beileve he said it.

ESPN Classic is a joke. It used to be one of my favoirte channels. Now It would be the apocalypse if I actually saw a classic game on that channel. All they show is fuking poker, Arliss, and thier stupid espn original movies that blow. Thank god they canned CheapSeats. I hate that crap. Another reason why ESPN is a joke.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS
I watched The sports reporters this morning. Holy crap that show has gotten horrible. Mike Lupica has to be the most annoying guy on there. But wait, There's Stephen A Smith. Smith is the only guy i know that can compare Corey Liddle's death to Mike Tyson's new Boxing exibitions. I couldn't beileve he said it.

I used to love watching the Sports Reporters back when I was a kid. I have to agree though it has gone way down hill. No offense to John Saunders whom I really like he's no Dick Schapp. As for Cheap Seats getting canceled, another horrible decision by ESPN.

Guest Princess Leena

Only 2 days until you get to see one of the worst teams in the league vs. a banged-up 4-3 squad!!

ESPN Honor Roll: Running Backs

Ron Dayne isn't one of the ten best ever? Really? He must be on the 'depth chart' with the other 10 or 20 guys listed, right? No? Wow.