TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Rampage Jackson Vs. Chuck Liddell....

Watching the 1st fight, Rampage Jackson had the perfect style to beat Chuck Liddell. He blocked pretty much all of Chucks punches, and rushed him.

With that said, Rampage has not looked like the same Rampage of the older years and Chuck has dominated the UFC.

So who wins the rematch...

(I cant type a question mark, because I am using a different computer with a bad keyboard.)

Chuck's opponents after their fight:

Tito

White

Horn

Randy x2

Rampage's opponents after their fight:

Silva x2 (L)

Minowa

Arona

Ninja

Shogun (L)

Yokoi

Yoon

Rampage fought better opponents so we actually know where he stands. I'm going to say that Rampage will dominate Chuck, even more than last time. Most people would say they would be even and that Chuck has improved, but I don't see it at all. Fuck "creating angles, better footwork, more accurate punching." I don't see any of that in Chuck's recent fights. In my opinion, Chuck hasn't improved at all except in his thumbs.

None of Rampage's opponents were better than Randy, save for maybe Shogun, and he got his ass kicked there. The other arguable one also kicked his ass twice. I would place Tito up there as well, I think he is on par with Wandy, we'll find out where he is after tonight though.

He barely beat Ninja, was thoroughly dominated by Arona until the powerbomb, and struggled with all the Japanese guys. Sakuraba KO'ed Yoon Dong Sik in less than thirty seconds, Rampage took him to a decision for fuck's sake.

Chuck's beaten everyone he has in dominating fashion. Two of them elite fighters in Tito and Randy. Chuck would kill Rampage if they were to fight again. Randy is essentially a better version of Rampage, and we all saw how that went, twice.

Well first of all I'm just going to say that Randy sucks and that's not just because he lost against Chuck twice. I could never understand the hype. He's a boring lay and pray fighter with weak offense and even weaker submission defense. Sure he's a good sportsman and beat Chuck and Tito at 40+ years old, but he matches up well against them. I was never impressed with Randy in the first place so that's why I see things this way. Rampage's fights against Silva were also competitive fights but everyone just remembers the brutal endings.

edit: Sakuraba knocked out Yoon as much as Shogun knocked out Rampage. Oh and if you don't get it, then I guess you're one of the many who think Shogun knocked out Rampage when it's pretty clear he just sat in the corner and gave up. Yoon also got hit and just turtled up against Sakuraba. He probably froze up mentally. In his fight against Rampage, he took multiple punches and knees to the head and body and barely even flinched. Chuck, who has one of the best chins at 205, was back pedalling almost every time Rampage hit him in the standup. So I would just say that Yoon has a pretty damn strong chin for a 185lber.

Also, Rampage broke his ribs in the first minute of a nearly 5 minute fight against Shogun. It's not an excuse because Shogun did cause the break, but if you think Rampage had poor showing against him then you're a fucking idiot. I'm tired of people bringing up that fight. What if Shogun continued for 4 more minutes against Coleman after his elbow was broken? I would really like to see how "good" a one armed Shogun would have looked against Coleman.

I know you didn't say it but Rampage wasn't "knocked out" by Arona by the upkicks. I don't know how an unconscious person can be talking to the referee while "unconscious." But I do agree that Arona was getting the better of him, but only because of the low kicks. And saying that Couture is a better Rampage is just completely ridiculous. Randy is one of the most overrated fighters ever. Rampage has better offense and defense in all areas except for maybe takedowns but he's never had trouble taking down his opponents yet except for Randleman.

I dont agree with the guy, but he does bring up interesting points and backs his opinions pretty well.

Chuck beat an average Randy. Randy in his day would have beaten the living fuck out of Chuck in less then 1 round.

Liddell def. Quinton via KO, 0:12 Rd. 1

That has to be a joke!

I think that Chuck would problay win, but your crazy if you think it would be that quick.

100% dead serious. Chuck Liddell would knock Quinton's head clean off, after which he would proceed to eat Jason Statham whole at Octagon side.

Quinton's standup is way better than people give him credit for. I think a rematch between the two would be really close. If anything, the cage helps Quinton's style and the ring helps Liddell's... puzzling

Jackson has shown an insane weakness to clinching, and knees. Liddell would probably exploit that and keep pressing the fight.

In their fight, Liddell gave Jackson waaay too much room to work with, and never pressed the advantage. In a rematch, Jackson would remember how he's been KTFO three times now by strikes, and Liddell would know it too. Jackson would get pounded until he either dropped, or the fight was stopped.

Jackson's gotten worse. Chuck's only gotten better.

Liddell's never been known for his knees or his clinch game. The only two strikers Quinton had trouble with, Wanderlei and Shogun, were primarily clinch and knee strikers. Quinton has beaten better kickboxers than Shogun and Silva before (Vovchanchyn and Liddell) and as far as I can recall Quinton has never shown weakness to any strikes but knees. I've always thought Quinton's standup has been underrated.

Also, I think what Paragon said abaout Chuck and the cage is true, but it's true that anybody fighting in the cage has that advantage. Strikers feel more comfortable outside of the confines of the cage and in a ring, while wrestlers enjoy the cage more than the ring. BJJ stylists are neutral, I guess it depends on whether their standup is stronger than their takedowns or vice versa.

100% dead serious. Chuck Liddell would knock Quinton's head clean off, after which he would proceed to eat Jason Statham whole at Octagon side.

Did Rampage rape your sister or somthing...

Rampage just isn't the fighter he was in 2003. Chuck Liddell isn't the fighter he was in 2003 either. Lei is just stating the distance between their respective abilities.

Rampage has shown pretty much nothing since that fight. It doesn't matter how good he WAS.

Chuck via KO inside of 3 minutes, and that's only if Quinton showed up as Rampage again. If he entered the cage anything like the guy that grew his hair out and found Jesus, it would be over in half that time, easily.

I was slightly tempted to take the sarcasm to another level, but fuck it: no, I don't think Chuck would KO Quinton in 12 seconds, though I do think he would stop him within 2 rounds.

Honestly though, Chuck style plays into Rampages. Chuck likes to pick his spots while punching, and Rampage is awesome at blocking shots.