TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Doc Rivers who is on TNT just said that he thought it was a foul at first but after watching the replay he said it wasn't.

And I agree

I'm Clipper fan and hate the fucking Lakers but after watching the replay I saw no foul.

The Suns only gripe lies on the guy being held on the lob pass

Kobe Bryant has made Kwame Brown play better. That is all that needs to be said about his greatness.

I'm actually excited about Kwame Brown's future with the Lakers. After all, he's only 24.

I'm also anxious to see what the Lakers do with Chris Mihm after this season, cause it's quite obvious he's played his last game in LA.

Their lineup, barring player movement next year is at this age.

Kwame Brown, 24

Lamar Odom, 27

Luke Walton, 26

Kobe Bryant, 28

Smush Parker, 25 or Vujacic, 22.

Bynum on bench, hasn't played, 19.

Damn.

I'm actually excited about Kwame Brown's future with the Lakers. After all, he's only 24.

I'm also anxious to see what the Lakers do with Chris Mihm after this season, cause it's quite obvious he's played his last game in LA.

Their lineup, barring player movement next year is at this age.

Kwame Brown, 24

Lamar Odom, 27

Luke Walton, 26

Kobe Bryant, 28

Smush Parker, 25 or Vujacic, 22.

Bynum on bench, hasn't played, 19.

Damn.

If Kobe plays like postseason Kobe more often during the regular seasons from here on out, then I definitely think he'll win another title or two before he retires and I NEVER would have believed that before. Postseason Kobe might actually be able to lure big free agents despite dicking over Shaq. I imagine that processing this information is what it was like for people who used to think the Earth was flat and then found out it wasn't.

The Kings are starting to look like they could make this series go 7 which didn't seem fathomable to me at least after they were blown out in Game 1, and suffered a heartbreaker in Game 2.

OK, I just saw the closing plays of regulation and OT, and saw *no* fouls whatsoever on the Lakers. I'm no Laker fan, but you guys seem to just be reaching for something to complain about with them over this game.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers. I wouldn't hate the Lakers. I wouldn't hate Kobe. I wouldn't hate any of this if ESPN didn't suck so much cock and act so smarmy and just irritating about the Lakers and Kobe.

ESPN makes me hate players and teams.

They just sucked as much Laker and Kobe cock as possible. If LA goes to the Finals I shudder to think what these assholes will do.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers. I wouldn't hate the Lakers. I wouldn't hate Kobe. I wouldn't hate any of this if ESPN didn't suck so much cock and act so smarmy and just irritating about the Lakers and Kobe.

They just sucked as much Laker and Kobe cock as possible. If LA goes to the Finals I shudder to think what these assholes will do.

First, find a playoff game where a team blew a 5 point lead with less than 10 seconds left in the game.

Once you've done that, name the last time one player hit a game tying AND game winning shot in a postseason game with each shot coming with less than 1 second on the game clock?

Also find a game where the league's back to back Most Valuable Player made the same critical mistake twice, costing his team a victory not once but twice, and all but eliminated them from the postseason as a result.

Still following me? Now I want you to tell me how much differently this series would be if it was 2-2 instead of 3-1 Lakers?

Now bare in mind ALL of this happened in 5 minutes and about 10 seconds of game action in a SINGLE game. What the fuck do you think they're going to be talking about?

If the roles were reversed and Kobe turned it over twice and Nash had hit two of the biggest shots of his life, you would most definitely want ESPN "sucking as much cock as possible" and you'd practically orgasm at them ripping Kobe. Stop being a hater.

I'll hate whoever I want. Kiss my ass.

If the roles were reversed they'd make excuses for Kobe and barely metion Nash. That's how they are.

Kobe could do as little as possible and they'd suck him off still.

So no I'm not going to change my opinion on it because I know how these assholes are.

And on top of that. What happened was amazing BUT they don't have to be smarmy about it which they are.

Guest Princess Leena

Dama, don't watch ESPN.

I hate Kobe, thus I'm ignoring ESPN and anything basketball related until the Suns lose game 5, and hope by some miracle that the Clips can beat the Kobes.

The League better give Steve Nash that MVP trophy on Tuesday, it could be his last chance to accept it in front of the home crowd.

I'm not sure if there was foul or not, but I'm pretty sure Nash has played long enough to know not to dribble the ball to the sideline and then pick up his dribble.

I'm very glad that the Kings are beating the Spurs. I'd like this to continue, because it would make things a hell of a lot easier.

I'm sure every other Western team feels the same.

First, find a playoff game where a team blew a 5 point lead with less than 10 seconds left in the game.

Once you've done that, name the last time one player hit a game tying AND game winning shot in a postseason game with each shot coming with less than 1 second on the game clock?

Also find a game where the league's back to back Most Valuable Player made the same critical mistake twice, costing his team a victory not once but twice, and all but eliminated them from the postseason as a result.

Still following me? Now I want you to tell me how much differently this series would be if it was 2-2 instead of 3-1 Lakers?

Now bare in mind ALL of this happened in 5 minutes and about 10 seconds of game action in a SINGLE game. What the fuck do you think they're going to be talking about?

If the roles were reversed and Kobe turned it over twice and Nash had hit two of the biggest shots of his life, you would most definitely want ESPN "sucking as much cock as possible" and you'd practically orgasm at them ripping Kobe. Stop being a hater.

Yes, thank you. Are they supposed to review every pick of the 2nd day of the draft, or only talk about baseball. You know, they have to talk about everything, considering that the NBA is a sport, and ESPN is a "sporting" network. They can't ignore it.

I'm loving this assbeating of San Antonio.

I don't care for Kobe myself but people, simmer the hell down. And Dama, don't watch ESPN if it pisses you off so much.

Let's try and keep things a bit more civil, mm'kay?

SA will still win this series though.
Probably. But... if any team can lay down and die after a 2-0 lead, it's the Spurs.

I'm not so sure that the Spurs are going to win this series. If not for Artest's suspension they would be down 3-1.

Man, Kobe is so unbelievably clutch. Not one, but TWO primetime, gotta-have-it, win-or-go-home clutch shots. He's the best player in the league, bar none. Unbelievable!

I never thought the Lakers would have a playoff run like this. I just wanted a good effort against the Suns. This was awesome.

What an amazing finish to the game, I'm still pumped. Smush, Walton, Kwame, Odom, Kobe... they're all playing at such a high level. Well, Game 5 should be interesting... it would be great if the Lakers can get the series wrapped up, but I won't say must win until Game 6.

The series is not over, I can't stress that enough. The Suns are the Suns, and if the Lakers get too big headed it could cost them.

But what a finish... great basketball plays, good defense, amazing clutch shots.

I hate Kobe, thus I'm ignoring ESPN and anything basketball related until the Suns lose game 5, and hope by some miracle that the Clips can beat the Kobes.

No chance in hell.

It's going to be the Lakers and the Mavs in the Western Conference Finals. If it makes you feel any better though, Dirk and Co. will probably blow through Team Kobe in five or six games.

I'm too lazy to look, but does anyone know off hand if the # 1, 2 and 3 seed from the same conference ever lost in the first round in one year? Even 2 out of 3 would be staggering. It probably won't happen, but how ironic would it be if the Spurs, Suns and Nuggets aka the division winners in the West all lost? If that happens the Mavs had better make the NBA Finals because it will never be that wide open for them again.

No chance in hell.

It's going to be the Lakers and the Mavs in the Western Conference Finals. If it makes you feel any better though, Dirk and Co. will probably blow through Team Kobe in five or six games.

I don't know if that's as easy as it sounds either. Just look at Phil Jackson's record against the Mavs, while he was with the Lakers. This season they played well against them too. I don't want to talk about it further, as it's merely a possibility.

Either way, I'm not looking that far ahead. These playoffs would be wide open if the Spurs lose. Lakers-Clippers on the other hand, that would be a war.

Never happened. The 1 seed itself has only lost twice. (Seattle in 94, Miami in 99)

The Knicks lost in the NBA Finals in both of those years :(

I do however have fond memories of Dikembe on his back holding the basketball like it was made of pure gold after the Nuggets bounced the Sonics.

I don't care if the Spurs lose the series or not. Just as long as the Lakers don't sniff that trophy or anywhere close to that trophy. Basically I don't care who exits the west as long as Kobe Bryant isn't on the team. Now if Kobe were to suffere a season ending injury then maybe I could get behind those spunky young Lakers.