TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest NYankees

I know that the NBA doesn't care about me but I am protesting the rest of the playoffs and I wont watch a single minute. Complete and utter bullshit.

That was one of the biggest crocks of shit I have ever seen. Vujac fouled him ON PURPOSE to stop the goddamn clock. THEN Lamar Odem fouled him ON PURPOSE to stop the goddamn clock. ADD on top of that Nash called a timeout before the trap even got there. All this 3 feet away from the refs and they call a goddman jump ball.

Bullshit.

So where was that Phoenix officiating bias?

Luke Walton's intentional jersey pull, and the mugging on Nash. *Sigh*

Oh well, you know it will be exceptionally sweet if the CLIPPERS eliminate the Lakers from the playoffs.

Nash did get fouled, but to be fair he all but tossed Vujacic to the ground on the inbound. I'm sure you'll see the end sequence a few hundred times tonight and see the two fouls.

Guest Felonies!

I know shitty officiating is the NBA's "steez," if you will, but that shit was inexcusable. They want the Lakers to win this, no question. No other team would get away with that shit. Utter bullshit indeed.

Guest Smues

What really sucks is at this point it doesn't matter if the Lakers lose in the finals or even in 7 games in this series, all we'll hear is THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO GET THIS FAR SLURP SLURP SLURP ITS ALL GRAVY BABY WOO LA LA LA LA.

The Lakers three-peat pretty much killed my interest in basketball, this isn't helping.

And people still pretend like there is no bias towards certain teams.

Look as a fan of the game, I can sort of understand why a guy like Kobe will get favorable calls, however extending that privelage to the entire team because the jersey says "Lakers" is fucking horseshit.

How was Nash not fouled twice, on top of calling fucking TO, and the official just stands there.

Guest Kobe24KGold
I know shitty officiating is the NBA's "steez," if you will, but that shit was inexcusable. They want the Lakers to win this, no question. No other team would get away with that shit. Utter bullshit indeed.

If the refs wanted the Lakers to win, they wouldn't have had Kobe sit out the entire 2nd quarter. Get real, guys.

Refs ALWAYS swallow their whistles in the waning seconds, especially if a play for the ball is made. Forget the fact that Nash travelled before the jump ball..

Shitty and Biased are two different things. The NFL has shitty officiating but I don't think it is so much because of bias. The NBA just has straight up BIASED OFFICIATING.

Guest Smues

I don't think the Clippers have a chance to beat the Lakers because that would just be too sweet, but if that happens fuck I'll be laughing for years.

Remember a few years back where the lakers threw up a miracle shot with 0.4 left to beat the spurs and everyone complained that it was fixed.It wasn't.It was a miracle shot to end the game.THIS,however,was ridiculous since the refs ignored the timeout and ignored the intentional foul.

Guest StylesMark

Damn...

The Lakers are going to go deep in the playoffs.

Teams get screwed over all the time guys. It's the way it is. I agree it was shadey.

This is only the second game the refs have clearly decided the outcome of this postseason (the LeBron shuffle being the other). I'm sure David Stern will tell you that the zebras are doing a great job because they haven't blown all of the other games.

I think the bald ref was mad because a Suns player whipped the ball at his face after Nash hit the three with about 45-50 seconds left. They need to get rid of all of the 50+ year olds who have "experience", because they are almost unanimously terrible at their jobs and have been for years.

Guest Felonies!

Seriously, I know fuck all about basketball, and even I could tell that Nash was fouled there. This league is still a joke.

Nash shouldn't have coughed the ball up in regulation for there to even be OT. That didn't help matters at all. That last possession before the jump ball was Nash getting jobbed, no doubt.

Still, the Suns are done on Tuesday. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The Lakers are going to the WCF at least. I don't think they'll come out of the West entirely this year because I don't think they'll beat the Mavs or Spurs in a series. However, you are smoking much crack if you think these officials and this league will let the Clippers of all teams beat the Lakers. Not going to happen.

Guest Felonies!

Clippers-Lakers will be the new Kings-Lakers w/r/t unfathomable ref bias.

Guest Kobe24KGold

It also wouldn't make sense for the NBA to screw their own MVP. That makes THEM look bad.

Guest Smues
However, you are smoking much crack if you think these officials and this league will let the Clippers of all teams beat the Lakers. Not going to happen.

But fuck would that rule if it happened. It's been fun enough with the Clippers finishing the season with a better record than the Lakers the last two years.

It also wouldn't make sense for the NBA to screw their own MVP. That makes THEM look bad.

This guy seems familiar...

Never count out the Lakers real MVP in a close game in crunch time.......

zebras2.jpg

Even still Kobe did hit two high pressure shots inside of a second left on the clock in regulation & OT AND the Suns choked up a 5 point lead inside of 10 seconds. Nash got facialed by a Smush three and then fell to the ground when Smush ripped him. If he would have just stood still Parker would have fouled him, but he tried to make a move and fumbled the ball. Phoenix deserved the victory, but they made some bad, bad plays in addition to getting bent over and taking it anally with no lube by the refs.