TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Traveling may have been on life support, but it is officially dead after LeBron's GW shot. He did get mugged twice though during that sequence.

Guest StylesMark

Great ending, IMO.

Last year, or 2 months ago...Lebron passes that ball, instead of working into the paint.

I love my suns, don't get me wrong, but I might have to punch tim thomas if he keeps doing that Tony Yayo shit every time he hits a shot.

So....Kobe screams at the ref, throws his fist in the air, does it again and hits Raja Bell in the back and doesn't get a tech. Boris Diaw gets pushed into a crowd and he gets one. Kay.

ANyway. The Lakers are running with the suns. Not Smart....I hope they keep it up.

I bet dollars to donuts nothing happens to Luke Walton for that foul on Tim Thomas. Even though everyone else in the league are getting suspended for less, Luke Walton will play on sunday. Bank on it.

I agree wholeheartedly StylesMark, LeBron is too fast and more importantly too strong to not take it too the hoop more often in crunch time.

I agree wholeheartedly StylesMark, LeBron is too fast and more importantly too strong to not take it too the hoop more often in crunch time.

I think the most important thing that people are missing about that shot is that they covered him one on one. GREAT Shot. IF there are two or three guys on him, which there usually is at the end of the game, HE SHOULD PASS.

Guest StylesMark

Really, this series shows he's learning, a little at least.

He has to be comfortable being that guy, who should be shooting with 6 seconds left.

I bet dollars to donuts nothing happens to Luke Walton for that foul on Tim Thomas. Even though everyone else in the league are getting suspended for less, Luke Walton will play on sunday. Bank on it.

Add Kwame to the list of nothing happening to him.

Guest NYankees

Big win by the Kings as they got the steal and made the layup with no time remaining to win by a point over the Spurs.

Great finish between the Kings and Spurs, Bibby strips Ginobili and feeds Kevin Martin who lays it in over Duncan at the buzzer, Kings win by 1.

Don't want to be a whiney fan, but am I the only one seeing some issues with the officiating in this game?

Lakers playing very well...no doubt...but seriously.

okay.

I am always safe when it comes to complaining about calls when I am so biased towards one team.

Great win for the Lakers. The Mavericks are still my team, but I find that I'm really enjoying the Lakers' first round games a lot more, as they've been exciting down to the buzzer, and watching Kobe prove the world wrong is always tons of fun.

Oh, and they're 3-0 ATS so far, so that's another $50 in my sports betting account. Ka-ching!

Yeah Kings. The Spurs will let teams back into a series. Kings just have to capitalize.

And yeah Ripper, I promise you the league does nothing to Kwame or Luke Walton. They'll be lucky to get fined. Perks for being part of the purple and gold I guess.

its somewhat shocking to watch this game and see kobe have so much trust in the rest of the team. where the hell did that come from? he was kicking out and around so many times.

I think that's gotta come from Phil Jackson. Honestly, I think he's the only one that could have made this Lakers squad "work". Even if another coach knew what needed to be done, I can't imagine that he'd get Kobe to buy in the same way.

the techs seemed a bit much, but i dont know what was said. however, the foul call that precipated those techs was a very clear foul on replay, which i found funny that play caused the techs..

They weren't arguing the foul. They were saying Bell shouldn't have stripped the ball from him while he was on continuation. basically they were saying he should have hear the whistle, stopped and watched Kobe score. BAD call.

But good win for the Lakers. I still can't muster a slight bit of worry about this series though. I still have no doubt the suns will win. The Lakers changed the gameplan I pretty much figured they would have and it makes a good matchup instead of blow out wins for the Suns.

Kwame Browns status for sunday should be interesting....as should Luke Walton's as his passing has been critical to the Lakers in the first 3 games. He SHOULD be suspended, but I get this funny feeling he won't.

Tim Thomas's Status is going to be big too, although not in the way alot of people will think. Brian Grant will have to play more minutes and simply matches up well with Kwame, and is a physical guy on the boards.

The Suns just need to create some cross matchups, single cover bryant and play like they played in the regular season.

I don't think Walton's foul was any worse then the Brendan Haywood foul on LeBron the other night. To me it looked like he was just late getting there, and did it out of desperation. It was a flagrant, sure, but I don't think there was any real intent to "send a message" or anything like that. If I had to make the call, I don't think he should be suspended.

The play with Kwame Brown was just a cheap shot, though. I think he should definitely get a suspension, but don't think he will, either.

I don't see how the Suns can turn this around unless D'Antoni actually starts doing some coaching. Phil has drawn up a perfect gameplan to stop the Suns so far, and D'Antoni really has no answers for it. All we continue to hear is, "We just need to get back to playing Suns basketball".

Well, when your opponent is stopping you from playing "Suns basketball", that may be the time to draw up a new gameplan to counteract that. The Suns just have no answer for the Lakers physicality and "runnin' and gunnin'" isn't going to do it.

Guest StylesMark

The Suns have to win the next game and I'm not sure they will.

Amazing.

I can see the Suns bouncing back to take game 4. The next game is going to be called a lot differently from a physicality standpoint, and I think it will play right into the Suns' hands. I can see someone from the Suns, maybe D'Antoni, working the refs, perhaps taking a fine for it, to help that process, as well. It worked for Jermaine O'Neal, maybe it will work for the Suns.

And that's not me complaining about tonight, that's just the way I see the next game going down.