TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest Felonies!

I don't know, it sounded like there was pressure on his vocal cords (notice how I didn't say chords) and his voice was a little weaker. Maybe I'm imagining that because I haven't watched Inside The NBA since December and when I saw him I was like "oh my God, his neck!" and thought it was worse than it really is.

Okay, here is my wrap up for the first games.

1. Well...damn...the Lakers suprised me. See what people don't understand, if Kobe DOES get off, the Lakers lose....and they lose bad. If he does what he did in game one, which is force NOTHING and *gasp* play basketball, the games will be close...I mean the Lakers will lose but they will be closer. For everyone talking about how off Kobe was, Eddie House was off too, which changes the team when the bench hits the floor. Eddie House on and that game is a blow out. The Lakers came back with Nash getting LOTS of rest.

2. I don't know about the Artest suspension. Fine...sure, but it wasn't THAT bad. I think the combination of him being hit in the first quarter and him being Ron Artest got him this suspension. Its a shame too. Cause I was still thinking the Kings could take this thang.

3. Kenny never made up a nickname. He just took alot of them from Rucker Park and pretended he was a genius. Charles made him a analyst allowing charles to be the ass of the show now.

4. Ernie is the fucking man...he should never leave the show under any circumstances.

5. I hope Hubie Brown does all the Suns Lakers games because I LOVE him as the Analyst. He celebrates the little stuff in the game that most guys miss because they are waiting for a "spectacular" play.

6. The Heat could be in trouble if Scott Skiles gets off his ass and do some coaching. You have, what, 5 big men and you are letting shaq run wild. Dumbass.

7. Looks around....um....the bucks are going to give the pistons trouble....(runs). Seriously, they have the bodies up front, Rips hurt ankle is going to play a part in him being able to chase Redd all over the place and basically every Buck had an off game and Every Piston had a on game. This is going to be a interesting series.

8. The Clippers had better show up more than THAT. There is no reason that the Nuggets should have been in that game. I am routing for the Nuggets though because as I have previously stated...they are the Suns bitches.

9. That was a hoe ass foul to give indiana that game. I think the Nets take the next 4 though. You just got your "off" game for basically every Net.

10. Washington/Cleveland....I really REALLY think that Washington is going to win this thing now. Cavs celebrated too much for one game. I have a feeling Lebron is about to get McGrady'd(saying every other player on the team is going to feel satisfied and the team will end up losing the series despite his great play)

Dallas will beat the Spurs if they meet in the second round. That is all.

OR, maybe you got the best game from Stephen Jackson in months, along with the bench *gasp* stepping it up when JO has an off night. Kidd was the one who bumped him, there was clearly a foul there, they just called it on the wrong guy.

As much as I hate games coming down to the refs whistle, Alfdogg is right. There was clearly a foul and they made the right call. I hate the argument of "let the players decide the game". Well, they did decide it. Kidd and Krstic fouled AJ. If they didn't foul him, the ref wouldn't have blown his whistle. Therefore, since Kidd and Krstic decided to foul, they in effect decided the game.

Also, I didn't realize that 22 points on 9-15 shooting was an "off-night" for Nenad Krstic. Plus the Nets set a franchise record by committing only 6 turnovers.

Considering he's the first coach to get the Mavs to actually play defense, I can;t argue that selection at all. I knew from that moment he got in David Robinson's face that he was going to make a good coach.

I think that Denver is going to get swept on their home floor. That one shot of Carmelo hanging his head in the 2nd quarter spoke volumes.

Jackson's going to make damn sure he doesn't have two good games in a row. Already on the bench with two fouls after missing two easy shots and a free throw.

I don't want to hear any more whining from the Jersey camp about questionable foul calls or anything else about the officiating. This is a fucking joke.

Wizards beat Cavs 89-84.

LeBron still got his 20+ points, but overall, not an impressive game. 2 assists/9 turnovers I think was final stat and although he made some plays, he also missed SEVERAL very close shots and missed a dunk after a steal that should have been an easy two.

But what the hell, I'm a Wizards fan.

Kings look like they could pull this one off, without Artest. 14.6 to go and up three. Just remember that I'm the one who said this could still be a series.

LeBron was just trying to set an NBA record with his 10 TOs, but he came up one short. Maybe next time, maybe next time.

How was that not a moving pick against Bibby on that Barry game tying 3?

Kings had their chance to win the game.

I have no idea why they bit on Ginobli driving for two, as if it would have mattered that he made the layup.....ugh.

It seems like everyday I miss K-Mart less and less.

Nuggets' Martin suspended indefinitely

ESPN.com news services

DENVER -- Kenyon Martin was unhappy about his limited playing time in Denver's playoff series against the Los Angeles Clippers. Now, he won't be suiting up for the Nuggets at all.

The Nuggets suspended their forward indefinitely Tuesday night for what they called detrimental conduct.

"This is an internal matter that we will deal with in-house," coach George Karl said in a statement.

Sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that Martin went into a profanity-laced tirade against Karl during halftime of Game 2 on Monday night.

Martin, who has been bothered by knee tendinitis all season, was dejected over his limited playing time. He played sparingly in the first half and sat out the second half of Denver's 98-87 loss to the Clippers.

Martin didn't get to the Nuggets' bench until several minutes into the third quarter and then sat with a towel over his head. He left the arena without comment, but teammate Ruben Patterson suggested Martin felt he could have played and was frustrated that he had been held out.

Hours before suspending him, Karl seemed miffed that Martin was upset over his benching.

"I will talk to him and see what's happening," Karl said Tuesday afternoon. "He told me and the staff at halftime that he couldn't go. Now, there's stuff filtering out that there's frustration there. We'll see."

Martin apparently banged his bothersome left knee in the first half while going against Elton Brand.

"He's got a heck of a matchup," Karl said. "The guy is a very physical player. I don't think people understand how big that man is. He's 260, maybe 270 pounds. I'm sure he not only hit Martin's knee, but probably hit a lot of other parts of the body."

Besides, "it's been a year of frustration for everybody," said Karl, who watched forward Nene go down for the season with a knee injury in the opener, then had to juggle his lineup all season with injuries to Martin and center Marcus Camby.

"We've always worked through it. We've always picked ourselves up," Karl said. "I trust this team is going to do the same thing on Thursday."

Before deciding to suspend Martin, Karl was asked why he wasn't giving him more minutes.

"Well, it is hard for me to visualize him actually playing 20 minutes of basketball again because he doesn't participate in practice very often. He just wants to play in the games," Karl said. "That philosophically doesn't make any sense to me. I think he has a big-time heart. I think he is a big-time competitor and he did a heck of a job in the second half against Brand for Game 1.

"Right now I evaluate all my players. I think Carmelo [Anthony] is going to go a lot of minutes, Andre [Miller] is going to get a lot of minutes, Marcus is going to get a lot of minutes. After that, I have no idea who is going to get the minutes. It's the guy who earns the minutes and who plays the way we want him to play."

Game 3 of the best-of-seven series is Thursday night at the Pepsi Center.

The Nuggets are accustomed to playing without Martin, who has been bothered all season by his surgically repaired left knee and began regularly sitting out games over the last month in hopes he'd be better for the playoffs, where he has traditionally stepped up his game.

He had six points and two boards in the Nuggets' 111-109 loss in Game 1, and was scoreless with one rebound in just under seven minutes in Denver's loss in Game 2.

The Clippers arrived in Denver on Tuesday to acclimate themselves to the mile-high altitude.

"I guess it's true," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said of the effect of the thin air on visiting teams. "But [as a player] I never felt it. I was in great shape. I never thought about it."

He's not taking any chances, however, as the Clippers seek their first playoff series win since moving to California in 1978.

The Clippers will practice in Denver on Wednesday to get used to the elevation.

"It's different," point guard Sam Cassell said. "But if you're going to use that as an excuse, you shouldn't play. Is it that big of a difference? We'll see."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

He'll give some metaphorical reasoning about how it was his # when he started HS and that he wants to get in touch with his roots, to remember when the game was about fun and doing your best. The real reason is probably just to get even higher merch sales.

He'll give some metaphorical reasoning about how it was his # when he started HS and that he wants to get in touch with his roots, to remember when the game was about fun and doing your best. The real reason is probably just to get even higher merch sales.

Beat me to it.