Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest Smues
Check out this hilarious pic from Game 2. Who knew Kobe was into guys :D

5.jpg

No surprise

Kobe.jpg

Guest Felonies!

Is it just me or is there suddenly a lot of backlash against Nash and the Suns?

If we're going to cut the crap, then let's talk about why Kwame should not be suspended. Boris Diaw FLOPPED on that play, without a doubt in my mind. I got pissed off when Mike Breen said twice that Brown threw down Diaw... and I told the people I was watching with that the reason it bugged me was because I knew SportsCenter would go with that version of the story, and sure enough they did. Brown deserved the technical he got for standing over Boris, but the only reason he did it was because Boris fell over like a pussy.

As for Walton, he had a chance after that disruption to completely DESTROY Nash when Nash was on his way in for a layup. But Walton held off. Luke's foul early on was flagrant, but it was flagrant because it was just a really hard foul, there was no intent to injure. Artest and Posey were trying to hurt the guys they fouled, whether they were frustrated or not.

As for Kobe, I've been saying he's a team player throughout his entire career. And I've dealt with being called blind, and a Kobe fan boy, etc... and I'm not about to give up on the bragging rights. I've said all along that Kobe does what he thinks he needs to do for the benefit of the team. Has he been wrong sometimes? Absolutely. But he believed he was doing right by the team. Sometimes being a team player involves taking a lot of shots. Sometimes it involves passing. I think somebody else said that Kobe did a lot of scoring when the rest of the team was unfamiliar with the triangle. That's absolutely right. Lamar Odom had some downright horrible stretches during the season, and Kwame's longevity as a Laker was definitely in question. Kobe needed to score a lot of points to help keep the team afloat. If Odom and Brown had played the entire season the way they did at the end and during the playoffs so far, then Kobe would definitely not have won the scoring title, because he wouldn't have needed to.

Kobe respects Jackson. He did everything Phil asked of him during the previous three championships... and he'll do it during this run, however far the Lakers get. I knew Kobe would get his teammates involved more, I just didn't know if they could live up to the task. I'll definitely admit I didn't think the Lakers would win with someone besides Kobe as the leading scorer... but that's because I didn't know if the supporting cast as well as Lamar Odom could be this good.

The difference between the Suns and the Lakers is that the Suns haven't figured out how to beat the Lakers yet. I'm not saying that the Lakers have this series locked up, only that they have the formula for beating the Suns... it's just a matter of executing that formula. Phoenix has yet to show signs of their formula for the Lakers. Game 4 will be very telling.

I'd go so far as to say that Kobe is THE sole reason that Kwame is playing this well. Phil Jackson broke him down by calling him a pussy and soft, and Kobe has built him back up.

Nowitzki just showed why he should have been league MVP this year by hitting a game tying 3 with less than 15 on the clock. The man is a genetic anomaly. Dampier also showed why he's an overpaid piece of shit on the same play by missing a tip in from point blank range :)

Huge clutch performance for Dirk and the Mavs here. If you need one player to be absolutely deadly on a long three to tie the game, I'm not sure you can find anyone better than Dirk.

I like how Joey Crawford has to make sure his presence is felt by making one ridiculous call before the game's over. (The flagrant on Dirk.) Luckily, the Mavs already had the game pretty much in hand, but I still think that guy's a total asshole.

Don't want to be a whiney fan, but am I the only one seeing some issues with the officiating in this game?

Lakers playing very well...no doubt...but seriously.

*acknowledges I am late to the conversation, oh well*

Yes, this is why I was so pissed when the Lakers stole one in Phoenix, because everyone knows damn well that if the Lakers have a glimmer of hope in a playoff game, the officials are going to do the best they can to make sure the Lakers are in position to win. I am not saying they actually cause the Lakers to win, but they will make sure they give them a good situation.

I like how Joey Crawford has to make sure his presence is felt by making one ridiculous call before the game's over. (The flagrant on Dirk.) Luckily, the Mavs already had the game pretty much in hand, but I still think that guy's a total asshole.

I've said it before, but he's the WORST official in all four of the major US sports. A total cocksucker.

Nowitzki just guaranteed that Memphis ends this year with 12 consecutive playoff losses. That was a dagger they won't recover from until next year.

Well, after a disastrous NCAA tournament, I'm doing really well betting the NBA/NHL playoffs so far, as I'm currently 8-2. I'm 3-0 on the Mavs, 3-0 on the Lakers, 2-0 on the Senators, and 0-2 on everyone else. The Dallas win netted me $75 today, as this was my largest single game bet so far these playoffs.

The Bucks are putting it on the Pistons tonight. It's too bad that they'll likely end up losing the next two games by double figures, and the margin of victory tonight will be all Milwaukee fans can cling to until next season.

I don't think Artest was trying to hurt Ginobili. That was a pretty weak shot. He still deserved the suspension, just because of the head/neck rule, but you're crazy if you don't think he could have hurt him if he wanted to.

I guess I'll give thoughts on IND-NJ too.

I pretty much saw this loss coming. This is the third series in a row that it's happened, we take a 2-1 lead, go into game 4 with a big head and get ran off our home court as a result.

Yet another pathetic showing from Stephen Jackson, 4-14 from the floor and six turnovers. PLEASE trade his ass this summer.

Peja can take a long walk off a short cliff, too. Obviously only he knows how bad he's really hurt, but this is the fucking playoffs. Show a little fortitude.

Not sure why Jeff Foster only played 11 minutes...I hope he's not hurt now, too.

Fred Jones gets the start, and does NOTHING with it. Meanwhile, Croshere and Granger combine for 25 and 11 boards off the bench, including six threes.

And yet another 20-point performance from Krstic on the other side. A couple more games like this and he'll be getting $60 million from the Knicks.

We'll be lucky to even win another game, honestly.

By the time we get to the finals, there'll be like 12 suspensions.

And I don't think it was mentioned, but props to Tim Thomas for doing the "You Can't See Me" taunt.

I think it's almost safe to say that the Nuggets have all but quit on this season. Kenyon will be a Knick next year since Isiah's the only idiot who will take on his contract, so don't worry about that headache anymore. Although I think Denver has now reached the point of being a perennial "solid 5/6 seed" by wins, they just have no heart whatsoever.

Guest Kobe24KGold

What are your predictions for tomorrow, guys?

Here are mine:

Chicago over Miami by 6 points

Suns over Lakers by 14 points

Sacramento over Spurs by 4 points

Washington over Cleveland by 9 points

Anyone just catch Reggie Evans reaching under and grabbing Kaman's balls?

Yeah, that's not gay..... :ph34r:.

The difference between the Suns and the Lakers is that the Suns haven't figured out how to beat the Lakers yet. I'm not saying that the Lakers have this series locked up, only that they have the formula for beating the Suns... it's just a matter of executing that formula. Phoenix has yet to show signs of their formula for the Lakers. Game 4 will be very telling.

bingo. this is where d'antoni and the suns' style of basketball starts to hurt them. i don't think anyone could possibly execute the 'soft defense run-and-gun' style better than the suns, but the weaknesses of that style are pretty glaring and easy to exploit if you have a smart coach and a versatile squad. d'antoni has picked and disciplined this team specifically for this style, so what kind of adjustments could they make? moreover, would d'anotini be WILLING to make any adjustments? he seems pretty set in his ways and insisting that his team just needs to play harder.

*offensive foul on Shaq*

*replay*

Walton: Easy play to call, you have to go AROUND people in basketball.

other guy: Shaq's been going through people his whole career, and now they're whistling him for it, that's what he's complaining about.

Walton: Interesting, but wrong.