TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

All I know is the CAA is going to be FULL of Ranger fans come Saturday. I'm expecting it to ATLEAST be 50-50 Rangers/Devils fans, maybe even more Ranger fans.

And with McCarty and Simon in the lineup.

I'm most looking forward to San Jose/Nashville. That's going to be a fucking war, but one most in the US won't see.

I'm most looking forward to San Jose/Nashville. That's going to be a fucking war, but one most in the US won't see.

I'm looking forward to that one as well. It's going to be one of TSN's featured series.

Games 2 and 5 are the only one's that are on national TV (and 2 is regional) in the US. Thankfully, I have CI. Worth every penny.

Guest Felonies!
All I know is the CAA is going to be FULL of Ranger fans come Saturday. I'm expecting it to ATLEAST be 50-50 Rangers/Devils fans, maybe even more Ranger fans.

Well, duh. Nobody likes the Devils.

OTT def. TB in 5

CAR def. MTL in 5 (although I really hope not)

NJ def. NYR in 6

PHI def. BUF in 7

DET def. EDM in 5

DAL def. COL in 6

CGY def. ANA in 6

SJ def. NAS in 7

I'm ready for Edmonton/Detroit. Also made a slight change to my predictions. I now have Carolina beating Montreal in 6.

Wish my team were in the playoffs. :(

I'm so excited to watch the Senators in the playoffs this year. Oh wait..... that's right, even the playoffs games aren't televised here. This is fucking bullshit. I've got a satellite dish with hundreds of channels and the only playoff games that will be on at all will be the Avalance and Stars or some stupid series like that that I could give a fuck less about.

I can probably get the last half hour or so on Sunshine once the blackout's lifted, but just the fact that the availability's that limited is gay as hell. Seriously, fuck the NHL, fuck OLN, and fuck their gay TV deal.

Shots on goal 31-11 for the Wings after two periods. Oilers keep taking pretty dumb roughing penalties, but that hasn't hurt them yet. Two Powerplay goals on 11 shots for them. Excepting the bad penalties, it's the usual so far. Detroit getting hammered via the checking.Though they actually are throwing a few checks now that it's the playoffs. Not the best start to the series for the Wings.

I'm so pissed with the NHL TV deal as well. The area where I reside doesn't carry OLN so I'm relegated to just the games that are shown on NBC. I dunno who orchestrated this TV deal but it's really hurting the fans that don't pay for the Ice package.

Ugh, A friend of mine went to LSSU with Grahame, and acts like the dude is the second coming because of it(guess it's the knowing someone sorta famous even if the dude couldn't pick my friend out of a lineup). He's been borderline mediocre this year with a fomer Cup winning team in front of him. Don't need to hear it all over again if after the season he finally shows up. And selfishly, I'd love a Ottawa/Detroit finals.

I said to my wife at the start of the third period, "If Ottawa can just score one goal, they'll probably score 3 or 4."

Final score: Ottawa 4, Tampa Bay 1.

Awesome. And Emery played an amazing game. No worries with him so far.

Why is it that the guys who score the clutch goals are the ones that have done it before?

Maltby, then McCarty.

San Jose/Nashville was really good.

I've said it from the beginning but Detroit is just too good over Edmonton. The only reason this game went to double overtime is because of Roloson. I still think Edmonton extends the series to 6, but Detroit is just too powerful to overcome.

If you don't have OLN.

Blame your cable TV/Sat provider as OLN is in over 60 million homes.

Luckily I get OLN and CBC.

I didn't realize the American TV situation was so fucked up... the one time of the year I care about hockey and I can't fucking watch it.

OLN is available in my area, but I have to shell extra for it. Fuck that

I cannot believe the Flames only scored two goals and needed overtime to beat a team that had its backup goaltender make an emergency start. If they had just about anyone but Kiprusoff in net, they would've gotten destroyed.

Can't wait for Rangers/Devils.

That was a wicked no look, behind the back pass in the Dallas game. I think the Rangers can win this game, but they need to stop wasting PP opportunities.

Wow are the Devils a bunch of pussies. White SMASHES Jagr into the boards for a penatly that should be a double major. Pandolfo turns into the boards for a Rosival hit and bitches to the ref for a major penatly.

THESE ARE THE RANGERS I KNOW!!