TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I agree Kamala. I liked the movie a lot, but it def could not hold a candle to Squid and the Whale. Jack Black having to act in the dramatic parts was a bit painful. Noah Baumbach is great though, and I loved the ending.

Shame you couldn't see Before the Devil, also a good film and Marisa Tomei looks great

Well luckily I'm seeing Before The Devil tomorrow.

Jack Black was pretty funny at times in Margot At The Wedding but yeah, the dramtic parts in the film, I could see he was just a half step from breaking out and acting wacky again. It seems to happen a lot to comedians in their first dramatic roles. When I was watching Pennies From Heaven the other day, it always seemed like Steve Martin might break into his wacky persona at times.

I rented Ghost Rider,

It's been a while since I've seen a film thats in high contention for the worst film I've ever seen. I didn't even finish watching it it was so bad.

I rented Ghost Rider,

It's been a while since I've seen a film thats in high contention for the worst film I've ever seen. I didn't even finish watching it it was so bad.

It was okay. Nowhere near the worst film of this year.

I rented Ghost Rider,

It was okay. Nowhere near the worst film of this year.

Oh I didn't say it was the worst film of this year. I said it's possibly the worst film ever.

Only bad movie I saw in theaters this year was The Condemned but I went in knowing it would be bad. Unfortunately, I thought it would be so bad it was good and it was just forgettably bad and preachy at the end.

Speaking of which, is WWE Films making any more movies? They can't even manage to make good bad movies.

If it were the worst film ever, surely it would have to also be the worst film of this year.

Well I know that, I was trying to be humourous.

So I saw Epic Movie the other night (Sick as hell + nothing on + TMNHD = why not) and I think I spent the entire movie wonder who the hell would pay to watch it. I can't say I laughed at all during it. Fucking horrible

So I saw Epic Movie the other night (Sick as hell + nothing on + TMNHD = why not) and I think I spent the entire movie wonder who the hell would pay to watch it. I can't say I laughed at all during it. Fucking horrible

The sad thing is as bad as it was, it was probably still a slight step up from that horrible, horrible Date Movie.

Apparently enough people that it warrants a sequel of sorts.

Meet The Spartans

A couple months after that you can catch Superhero! another movie from the same mold as Epic Movie, Date Movie etc. but this time it parodies Superhero movies.

Play.com have a killer sale on at the moment.

DVDs from £2.99, not shite either.

300 is selling for £3.99

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 (6 Discs)

RRP: £49.99

£17.99 Free Delivery

Any money I had, has just been spent.

Finally saw Before The Devil Knows You're Dead tonight, it'll probably make My Top 5 of '07 despite the fact that the opening shot of the movie is a shot of Philip Seymour Hoffman's thrusting naked ass.

Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Sean & Robin Wright Penn -- Into the Splitsville

Posted Dec 28th 2007 7:13AM by TMZ Staff

The end of the year is spelling the end of the line -- for some long-ish celeb marriages.

Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn are splitting up after 11 years, they announced yesterday, to People. Their rep, Mara Buxbaum, confirms that the couple, who have two teenage children, will be parting ways, though no details were immediately available.

The pair met in the early 1990s and were married in 1996. They starred together in 1998's "Hurlyburly" and 1997's "She's So Lovely."

Just a couple of things:

-Is the 5-disc limited edition release of Blade Runner the best DVD set of the year or what? I just got it in mail today from B&N, and holy shit what a set.

-I'm getting so fucking tired of how almost all of the movies I want to watch either aren't ever released anywhere near me, or it's months and months before I ever get a chance. It's crap like this that helps lead people to just give up and download the flick when they otherwise wouldn't. Ugh.

Only bad movie I saw in theaters this year was The Condemned but I went in knowing it would be bad. Unfortunately, I thought it would be so bad it was good and it was just forgettably bad and preachy at the end.

Speaking of which, is WWE Films making any more movies? They can't even manage to make good bad movies.

They have a western starring HHH in development. After the performance of "The Condemned", I wouldn't be suprised if it either A.) Gets dumped straight to DVD, or B.) Barely has a theatrical release, thus joining the sub $1,000 club.

They have a western starring HHH in development. After the performance of "The Condemned", I wouldn't be suprised if it either A.) Gets dumped straight to DVD, or B.) Barely has a theatrical release, thus joining the sub $1,000 club.

Yeah, that's not happening. He's married to the Boss's daughter, he's getting wide release money spent on him even if they have to do it themselves. Even though honestly, westerns aren't exactly in at the moment at all.

didn't 3:10 To Yuma get some good reviews?

Good reviews plus Russel Crowe and Christian Bale did not make blockbuster gold. It cost 55 million to make and it made 59 million. When you put in two stars and only bring in a plus 4 million worldwide, not that good.

Great movie but the genre right now isn't very strong.

didn't they make a survival horror video game set in the Wild West? Triple H's movie should be similar to that. I don't think I can buy him as your typical movie outlaw cowboy.

I just watched The Brothers Solomon. It wasn't very good but there were some funny moments here and there. Better than most people here said it was. A **- maybe **1/2 movie. Really glad I didn't pay $8 to see it in the theaters.

heh

No., Buffy the Vampire Slayer<the movie> is on Ebcore and I just realized Hilary Swank played one of Buffy's friends,

heh

No.

I'm one of those unlucky saps who paid to see Brothers Solomon in theatres. Absolutely dreadful. except for the Bill Hader and Ashley Johnson cameos.

I was trying to get to sleep last night and watched Jesus Camp on A&E. I still think that might be one of the scariest movies ever. To think people are actually like that scares me.

I was trying to get to sleep last night and watched Jesus Camp on A&E. I still think that might be one of the scariest movies ever. To think people are actually like that scares me.

I've seen it a couple times and I always love whenever Ted Haggard rips homosexuals.