TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

If I were in prison I would be praying to be isolated from the general population.

As for what he sings when he becomes someone's personel jobber I'd go with "The World Just Lost Another Hulkamaniac."

Friend of mine did time in the Nebraska state pen. He said he would purposely get in fights just so he could be in Solitary as often as possible to avoid getting BUTT fucked.

Heads up "American Psycho" fans, Mary Herron is directing tonight's episode of "Fear Itself."

Seen some photos of the new Jason Vorhees over at fridaythe13thfilms.com and gorezone.net, definately not impressed.

Pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT: the first site has taken them down, but gorezone's are still up. Agreed, not impressed. Jason is still in the same old hockey mask and an acceptably filthy t-shirt, but he appears to now have long hair, a trenchcoat, and leather pants. I guess they wanted to make the repugnant murderer more stylish and hip for the young crowd.

Alex Proyas might do a "Dracula" movie. Oh yea, and the Director's Cut of "Dark City" comes out the 29th.

Does Step Brothers have its own thread? Well I just saw a sneak preview of it and it is hilarious. Pretty damn raunchy......

I can't speak for anyone else but spman is a threatre manager or something and I guess has been going to late night after hours early screenings with other employees for years.

The only time I ever got to go to a sneak preview was for Cinderella Man. While I really enjoyed that movie, it was possibly the worst movie audience I've ever been in. The idiots around me actually cheered when Jim Braddock beat Max Baer.

So no love for the X Files movie coming out this weekend or what?

To prepare for the film, I ended up getting some double disc DVD called X Files: Revelations recently, that had eight "must see" episodes of the series, with commentary by Chris Carter, as well as introductions for each episode why they deemed each as significant. Of course they have the pilot here, and then a variety of others (including one of my perennial favorite episodes, "The Host") as well. Came with a free ticket to the movie also.....for $10 total, its really a hell of a deal, basically get the DVD for free.

Between watching these and Fight the Future again (which has just been collecting dust on my shelves for years now), I'm definately pumped for the film, havent read a damn thing on it for a good reason, assuming this will be the final conclusion to the series and the characters. Or a start to a new set of films, leading to a really satisfying conclusion in due time.

If you're expecting a conclusion to the series, you'll be disappointed. There isn't one. It's mostly a standalone movie.

Sometimes preview screenings will be announced in certain newspapers. You just gotta go to some business which is giving out the tickets and pick up your passes, then go the night of the screening and probably wait in line for a while.

If you're expecting a conclusion to the series, you'll be disappointed. There isn't one. It's mostly a standalone movie.

That's alright, as long as its just MOSTLY a standalone movie, hoping for some stuff to tie into the series, still. But like I said, I'm all for them to make a few more X Files movies on top of this one, as long as it means a definitive conclusion to alot of things.

The HR lady in my department gets them in the mail a lot....my wife's cousin gets them at his work. The weekly Sacramento News & Review has ads for them...just show up at their office and they give them out.....

Sneak Preview screenings are often way overbooked to guarantee a sell-out crowd, so if you don't show up early, you may go home pissed off....unless you live in a very small town.

I couldn't wait for the ending of Dr. Who series four before the year long break, so I just downloaded and watched the final episode.

That has to be one of the most DEPRESSING endings for a lead character in television history. Christ, I'm fucking depressed after watching it! I won't reveal anything on the why for my fellow American fans who haven't downloaded it, but shit...

jason-voorhees-new.jpg

For those who couldn't be bothered to find it.

It's ok, it's pretty hard to cock up Jason's look really. He looks like the FvJ version with longer hair. I'm ok with that.

That being said, the film shouldn't be made anyway.

So I watched Year of The Dog last night and man, they really misadvertised this one when it was in theaters a year or two back. I was expecting a somewhat lighthearted indie comedy and got a really dark indie comedy about a woman's journey into veganism and animal rights activism. Somehow, despite it not being particularly funny for the most part and having a plot that sounds like a movie I would just not enjoy, I sort of liked this one. I probably would have been pissed if I saw it in theaters.

Went and saw the X Files movie tonight, and wow, extremely let down by this one. Hardly anything really creepy, nor sci-fi within this one much at all. Felt more like an episode of Law and Order: SVU, mixed in with heavy dramatic elements between Scully and Mulder. The only thing as even a nod to the series is the Mulder/Scully history, a Skinner cameo and that there was a psychic in the film that Mulder works with. Otherwise, this was a far FAR cry from previous stand-alone episodes of the X files featuring your "monster of the week" as there was not really a monster here as the villian even was just some psychotic guy who was kidnapping people for their internal organs to sell on the black market. I didn't even get the point of making this film, since it really didn't advance much of anything into a future setup of films for the X Files at all. Seemed more like a finale to the Mulder/Scully relationship though, them both finally coming to terms with their specific roles/careers and how it affects the other person. Given the short take it made in the box office over the weekend, I'm sadly assuming this is the best anyone is going to get for a sendoff to the series/characters.

For anyone who bothers to see it, stay after the credits, more proof is given there to this possibly being pseudo-planned as the final nail in the coffin of the X Files, with both characters literally waving goodbye to everyone.

I actually haven't seen that one myself. Not sure why though. Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting in vain for the hype to die down.

On a completely different note, Darren Aronofsky is slated to direct the Robocop remake. Don't know if it will be any good but it's certainly an intriguing choice.

Story from Variety

Step Brothers marks the first movie I've walked out of in over 10 years.

I ended up just going in to Batman a half hour in and watching the rest of that.

The movie was a steaming pile of trash.

I ended up just going in to Batman a half hour in and watching the rest of that.

I know this probably just sounds like me being Milky, but Nighthawk says that this actually intrigues me even more. That is honestly still risky, though. I may download it first. What exactly was so bad about it?

Sheesh, a Robocop remake? Why not just do a sequel?

At least Darren Aronofsky (sic?) is directing it.

I know this probably just sounds like me being Milky, but Nighthawk says that this actually intrigues me even more. That is honestly still risky, though. I may download it first. What exactly was so bad about it?

It was just a bunch of one-liners that could have been written by any ten year old.

Stereotypical rich douchebag foil - check. Wife who secretly hates him and falls for protaganist - check.

It was just not funny. That's all I can say.

Although I did get greatly amused at one point because this guy decided it was a good idea to bring his 10 year old (or so) daughter to a Will Ferrel R rated comedy...they promptly left when testicles came out.