TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I read this on imdb.com :

The Mayor of a Turkish city called Batman is suing director Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. bosses for a cut of their Caped Crusader film franchise.

Huseyin Kalkan has accused the brains behind The Dark Knight of using the city.s name without permission in the bizarre new legal action.

The Mayor states, .There is only one Batman in the world. The American producers used the name of our city without informing us..

And Kalkan goes so far as to blame the latest Nolan film for a spate of murders and suicides in Batman.

He also claims the stigma attached to the city makes it almost impossible for local businesses to be taken seriously abroad.

Is mayor of Stupidtown aware Batman existed long before Chris Nolan turned him into a movie? Is he suing Tim Burton? Bob Kane? Bill Finger?

He can sue Joel Schumacher if he wants to try, god knows most of us wanted to sue him after Batman and Robin for pain and suffering.

Maybe the idiot should have did his history. Batman, the character, was established in 1939. Batman, the city, was established in 1955. If anyone could end up getting sued here, it's the city for using a DC comics trademark.

Fucking Turks. First they take over our holy cities, now they want to take away our beloved comic heroes?!?!

Milkhawk, Dress to Kill's section where Eddie just goes on, in French, about meeting the President of Burundi (sp.?) is fucking hilarious, especially if you don't need subtitles and just understand what he's saying (or even have a loose understanding) in French. When did Circle come out? I lost touch with Izzard after Dress to Kill.

And Big Bang Theory is a decent show. It really has to grow on you, but Sarah Gilbert's appearances are often hilarious, especially given her character's relationship to Leonard.

MAD TV cancelled?

This could be a great day for comedy fans everywhere.

This really is the best year ever. Too bad it's 13 years too late. That out of the way, I always wanted to bang Nicole Sullivan.

I read this on imdb.com :

The Mayor of a Turkish city called Batman is suing director Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. bosses for a cut of their Caped Crusader film franchise.

Huseyin Kalkan has accused the brains behind The Dark Knight of using the city.s name without permission in the bizarre new legal action.

The Mayor states, .There is only one Batman in the world. The American producers used the name of our city without informing us..

And Kalkan goes so far as to blame the latest Nolan film for a spate of murders and suicides in Batman.

He also claims the stigma attached to the city makes it almost impossible for local businesses to be taken seriously abroad.

This guy rules

I was going to post about Abby Elliot- but I didn't know if I was supposed to leak it out. And yes, she's very hot

Another female is also joining the show. I forget her name, but she's not attractive at all. She was on a few episodes of New Adventures of Old Christine.

MAD TV cancelled?

This could be a great day for comedy fans everywhere.

This really is the best year ever. Too bad it's 13 years too late. That out of the way, I always wanted to bang Nicole Sullivan.

Yeah the first season or two with Artie Lange and Orlando Jones had its moments but yeah it's an event that's long, long overdue. Has there ever been a less memorable show that's ran that long?

Though I must say I'm kind of glad that they're keeping Talkshow With Spike Ferestein...surprisingly decent. Gives me something to watch during SNL reruns and commercial breaks.

So that Swedish vampire movie Let the Right One In is finally playing here.

It's fucking awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

(I was particularly impressed with some of the cgi effects, because it's such an understated story, you always feel like you're watching some indie movie. So when they do come, they're cool and well placed, and really striking. That's a problem with some American horror, it's all just nonstop visuals.)

Just saw the B-movie "Dark Rising" with Christian Cage.

As expected from a low-budget straight to DVD horror/comedy, it was pretty bad BUT it includes what is now one of my favorite death scenes in movie history:

Cage's character dies via UNPRETTIER & beheading!

Please tell me it's not about self-loathing vampires that long to be human again so that they can be with their human love interest.

Not even. That was actually another reason I liked it, because I'm also tired of the same old vampire storylines. This was something new.

Please tell me it's not about self-loathing vampires that long to be human again so that they can be with their human love interest.

Not even. That was actually another reason I liked it, because I'm also tired of the same old vampire storylines. This was something new.

I just want a vampire that kills because it's fun, not one who kills "because he is cursed to this terrible life". Give me Stephen Dorff's Deacon Frost...hell I'll even take Tom Cruise's Lestat...hell give me Dracula from Monster Squad.

30 Days of Night? I haven't actually seen that movie, but in the comic, that's how it was.

Let the Right One In was really not like any traditional vampire movies.

I'm just tired of vampires being pretty boys. Tired of that shit. The 30 Days of Night vampires were cool but I didn't like the film that much.

So MAD TV is officially canceled but unfortuantely, I read an article which said they're still trying to shop it to cable networks. Sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if somebody picked it up. The Comedy Gods can be cruel sometimes.

I didn't even catch that Let The Right One In was about vampires until I read the plot. Knowing that it is, the signs are obvious, but before that I thought it was just a creepy vaguely supernatural horror movie. That's another thing I like about it (the trailer, I haven't seen the movie), it doesn't bludgeon the viewer over the head with the blunt end of the plot.

So MAD TV is officially canceled but unfortuantely, I read an article which said they're still trying to shop it to cable networks. Sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if somebody picked it up. The Comedy Gods can be cruel sometimes.

The natural fit would probably be FX. Wouldn't be shocked to see maybe USA or Spike even pick it up either.

Yeah, Comedy Central is a possibility. The syndication rights to air reruns expires next year so they're thinking they might pick up the whole shebang. Boy, that network counteracts every good show it has with a downright terrible one.

Anyways- the Hollywood Reporter article.

Fox cancels "MadTV" after 14 seasons

by: James Hibberd – Thu Nov 13, 2:13 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Fox has canceled late-night sketch comedy veteran "MadTV," one of its longest-running shows.

The Saturday-night mainstay's current 14th season will be its last on the network, Fox sources said. However, the show's co-creator, David Salzman, said he plans to shop "MadTV" to cable networks and other outlets.

"There's a long list of parties that have called us, including a few very recently, and we're going to start conversations with them very shortly," Salzman said.

Fox told Salzman the show had become too expensive considering its time period and ratings. Unlike dramas and comedies that suffer the broadcast ax, however, Salzman believes his show's budget can be scaled back to suit a cable network.

"I think we can change it without it really being noticeable," he said. "We've learned over the years how to do things on an efficient basis."

Salzman called his show "the only success in the 21-year history of Fox's late night," and he gave credit to the network for giving him enough notice to look for another distributor without interrupting production.

In one respect, the timing of the cancellation is fortuitous -- the show's licensing deal with Comedy Central, which airs the show's first 11 seasons in repeats, is set to expire at year's end. Salzman can offer buyers the exclusive rights to air the show's library of content if they pick up the show, or sell the show and its library separately.

Salzman also praised competitor "Saturday Night Live," calling the show "the greatest of its type of all time." Still, Salzman noted his show -- which embraces a hip-hop sensibility compared to the NBC program's 1970s rock 'n' roll roots -- has faced an uphill battle for attention.

"SNL" is a heavily promoted and a legendary member of the NBC family. On Fox, "MadTV" has been like a distant cousin of the network's other programing, a holdover from the network's mid-1990s brand that, somehow, kept managing to draw an audience and survive despite several management turnovers. Notable cast alumni include Artie Lange, Orlando Jones and Nicole Sullivan.

"MadTV" is averaging a 2.6 million viewers this season, while "SNL" pulled 9.8 million during its first six episodes. Of Fox's programing, only "The Simpsons," "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" have been on the network longer. The show's final Fox episode -- No. 326 -- is scheduled to air in May.

"We're proud of what we've accomplished, we're appreciative of what Fox has done and we don't think it should be over yet," Salz