TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 60: Hughes vs Gracie

Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA.

When: May 27th, 10 PM

Confirmed card so far:

Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie (Special note: Fight will be fought at 175 for 5, 5-minute rounds)

Assuerio Silva vs Brandon "The Truth" Vera

Mike "Quick" Swick vs Joe "I don't get submitted" Riggs

Diego "MySpace Nightmare" Sanchez vs John Alessio

Rumoured fights:

Frank Mir vs Paul Buentello

Jason Chambers vs Spencer Fisher

Dean Lister vs Allesio Sakara

Melvin Guillard vs Rick Smith

Honestly, nothing more I want to see then Royce Gracie making Matt Hughes tap like a little bitch.

I don't really hate fighters, but I really can't stand Matt Hughes. He sounds like an arrogant peice of shit.

You guys see the comericals for this fight?

"I'm going to choke him out, make him tap, pick him up and send him home" - Royce Gracie

Royce is going to DIIIIIIIIIIIE so very bad. His only hope is a submission, and I strongly doubt he'll be able to catch Hughes with anything.

A part of me doesn't get why this is such a money match. Royce hasn't done anything in the states for years, and in Japan wasn't that spectacular either. On paper, this is a complete mismatch.

...Watch Royce win in two minutes now that I've said that.

UFC bringing back Assurio Silva is a little surprising to me. He didn't look good against Sylvia, and I really just figured they'd cut their loses on him and look for someone else.

Vera is going to be in a tough fight with Silva. I think Silva is a very live underdog in the fight and has a great chance to beat Vera.

I hope Gracie gets pummeled into mush, and I despise Matt Hughes. That's just how much I hate Royce.

And at UFC 40 I was cheering for Tito and you were cheering for Shamrock to spite me, IIRC.

I knew dick all about MMA at the time and hated Mexicans. Of course I was cheering for a fucking Irishman.

I wasn't really crying about the Arlovski fight.

But there has been enough MMAos this year to justify picking Royce in this fight. However, I believe the amount of karma swinging Royce' way will turn the MMAos back to normal, and things will go the way they should...in the form of an epic beating.

Btw, I'm gonna be in Toronto by the time this card comes around, so if anyone in the GTA feels like having a TSM get together at someone's house or going to a local bar that's showing it, we should do it up.

That is, if you're comfortable enough to meet a bunch of strangers from the internet.

Hughes is stronger, more active, more comfortable in the surroundings, and neigh unstoppable.

Royce...has a good ground game. Not great anymore. Good. Someone like Nogueria is on a different class then Royce now, atleast in a MMA setting. Royce hasn't fought anyone of any real caliber in a loooong time either. Hughes eats people in his weight class for lunch.

Royce can't use his favorite strategy, which is to stall his ass off until the opponent gasses either. UFC won't allow him to, and Hughes won't get winded that easily.

Royce's only hope is to submit Hughes, and Hughes is very good at surviving submissions, or avoiding them all together. That or a lighting rig falls from the ceiling, crushing Hughes and giving Royce the win.

On the other hand, I'm interested to see if Vera can win another one. His running face kick/knee KO of Eilers was fucking swwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaank.

I wasn't really crying about the Arlovski fight.

But there has been enough MMAos this year to justify picking Royce in this fight. However, I believe the amount of karma swinging Royce' way will turn the MMAos back to normal, and things will go the way they should...in the form of an epic beating.

But you will be crying after Royce makes Hughes tap out like no tomorrow!

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I want to see Royce lose, just cause I percieved him to be the "heel" when I got into MMA and watched him tear through UFC 1-4 on VHS.

At that time (1997-8ish) Ken Shamrock was one of my favorite WWF stars, and I was rooting for him to win these MMA contests.

My opinion doesn't count though, because I am a fan of the freak show MMA matches over seeing two guys of equal size go at it.

Updates~!

UFC 60

The website is up and running......not too bad, the highlight being Dana mentioning that if Royce gets past Hughes they might put him up against GSP at a later date.

UFC.tv has officially added Melvin Guillard vs Rick Smith (LW) to the card. Jason Chambers has pulled out of his fight with Spencer Fisher.

YPOV- There's a bar around this way (Mississauga) that apparently shows UFC PPV's. If any of us are meeting up there I'll let you know.

I'm looking foward to see Mike Swick Vs. Joe Riggs. My buddy for some reason is a huge Joe Riggs fan, so me and him have a 50 dollar bet on that fight.

I hope Swick finishes him off "Quick".

If you have an OnDemand service with your cable, there's a little video package hyping Hughes/Gracie that does a pretty good job putting over a "Old UFC vs. New UFC" story.

I'm going to try and get some friends I've turned into semi-fans of MMA to finally chip in with me and order a UFC event.

I'm looking foward to see Mike Swick Vs. Joe Riggs. My buddy for some reason is a huge Joe Riggs fan, so me and him have a 50 dollar bet on that fight.

Riggs will annihilate Swick. He'll probably even knock Swick out with GNP instead of getting a ref stoppage.

Riggs will annihilate Swick. He'll probably even knock Swick out with GNP instead of getting a ref stoppage.

What's Riggs' natural weight class, btw?