TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

I'm really not understanding the fucking Redskins trading up for Rocky McIntosh, however, as I read it, they didn't trade their 2nd round pick next year, they traded A SECOND PICK, as in, another pick, next year, along with the second and 6th this year.

The only logic I can think of is either they really like McIntosh, or they traded up for D'Qwell and the Browns were a step ahead of them so they went back to pick 53 plan and took McIntosh. Isn't Thomas Howard or whatever his name is from UTEP really good? I know he was avalible at the time and I thought I read somewhere that McIntosh was good his first few years but lost his starting job last season or something....

Someone's probably said this before me, but I only read about 1 pages of the thread.

Although Leinart is probably disappointed to be a 10th rounf pick, the Cards are SUCH a perfect place for him to be. Warner will teach him. He has arguably the 2nd best receiving corp in the NFL.

Also, while people may bitch about AZ's line, they have a bunch of meaty boys who excel at pass-bloccking. They're just not good at the run.

Guest Vitamin X

How do they excel at pass blocking? Cardinals QBs were sacked second most in the league only to the atrocious Texans front.

I love reading some of the idiots on the Eagles board. The draft falls perfectly for them, the talking heads (Kiper and Mayock) both love what they did and yet because they took Gocong over Stovall (who is apparently the be-all end-all) and Denver got Walker, there is still whining about doing nothing for McNabb so it sucks. Comments like "All it took was a 2nd and one of the 4ths and GB easily would have given him to us over just one 2nd round pick".

Mostly they are getting shouted down, but I still love seeing how even a sect of fans can think this way.

Eagles grabbed another OL with their 1st pick in the 4th round, Max-Jean Gilles. Bit of a steal too as well, as the Eagles have basically now set their OL for the future thanks to this draft: Justice, Jean-Gilles, whatever they do at C, Andrews, and Herremans.

In two years their line could be Herremans-Jean-Gilles-Jackson-Andrews-Justice. That is freaking massive when Winston Justice is the smallest guy on your line. There is no excuse to not run the ball ridiculously well now.

For anyone who needs it for reference sake I am trying to update a draft tracker back on the first page if you need to see who your team has drafted. Sorry I would have done it yesterday, but I was away from my computer.

It looks like the Eagles got the 115 and 185 from the Vikings for 127 and Artis Hicks. Don't know what it took to go from 115 to 109

Edit: They turned the Vikings package into the 109.

I love reading some of the idiots on the Eagles board. The draft falls perfectly for them, the talking heads (Kiper and Mayock) both love what they did and yet because they took Gocong over Stovall (who is apparently the be-all end-all) and Denver got Walker, there is still whining about doing nothing for McNabb so it sucks. Comments like "All it took was a 2nd and one of the 4ths and GB easily would have given him to us over just one 2nd round pick".

Mostly they are getting shouted down, but I still love seeing how even a sect of fans can think this way.

I'm assuming that they're citing the Screamin A Smith article today about how the Eagles should've taken a WR in the first round, even though the WR pool was considered to be weaker this year than it was in past years.

One thing I hate about having a single-track minded coach like Lovie Smith is the fact we're returning just about everyone except Jerry Azumah (no big loss there), and what do we do with the first 4 picks? Draft CB, CB, DT (I thought the second CB drafted was a stupid ass move, but this one took the cake), then an OLB (Jesus!). Nevermind that our offense is what held us back from a great run at the title, we must go DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

We do not need more corners. We just signed Ricky Manning Jr for god's sake. Add that to Charles Tillman and Nate Vasher, where does that leave both Danieal Manning and Devin Hester?

You know I was real afraid that the Bears would end up taking Marcedes Lewis, but this is much worse. Hester better become a great safety opposite Mike Brown and the Bears take Martin Nance or Mike Hass with the next pick or Hester better become a WR himself.

For all you Eagles fans here, how good is Hollis Thomas? Apparently they traded him to the Saints in order to swap places in the 4th round.

He was decent years ago. But, his skills have diminished and he's old now.

Eagles also let go Artis Hicks to the Vikings in that trade. He can be a decent backup but disappointing starter.

Lots of criticism in New England for the Pats taking so much offense and a Kicker so far but I really dont see the problem honestly. Ball control offense can make defense much easier to play and make a defense look so much better in the long run. Adding a third solid TEE and a hybrid FB/TE is a great move to bolster the running game....on top of Moroney.

As was said bfore Mills is like a Cooley which the Pats need. Good blocking/pass catching FB. This kicked I have never heard of or seen but apparently he has a VERY strong and accurate leg so i'm excited about that as well.

Chad Jackson is a steal in early round 2 I think also. Nice complement to Branch and Caldwell. Good to see we have some size for Brady to throw to with Jackson and Watson at least.

Guest Princess Leena

Apparently, the Bills are only taking Safeties and Defensive Tackles.

Because, you know, their offense was so impressive last year.

Yes, Marv, our QB play will really shine by adding so much offensive talent! Go Losman!

3-13 next year.

I love the way Orien Harris will fit into the 3-4 of Pittsburgh. His agility and size at the end position of the 3-4 will really shine and make him be a much more effective player overall.

I wonder when the Steelers are planning on taking a running back though, if there's someone specific they're thinking of grabbing late that they've seen something in.

I'm starting to warm up to the Santonio Holmes pick, I realize he's already a much better RECEIVER than randle el, but I'm still wary because we really have NO size in our receiving corps, which I think wouldn't be a problem if I could trust the coaching staff to throw the ball to Heath Miller more, then we'd be more balanced.

For all you Eagles fans here, how good is Hollis Thomas? Apparently they traded him to the Saints in order to swap places in the 4th round.

If you play him for more than 30% of the snaps he'll be in trouble. He is ok as the second tier fat turd, don't think you are getting Ted Washington here. You're getting the poor man's version. Not a bad pick up for only a 9 slot move in the 4th round, but he isn't going to be that much of help.

BLOOM~! God damn I love this draft.

Lots of criticism in New England for the Pats taking so much offense and a Kicker so far but I really dont see the problem honestly. Ball control offense can make defense much easier to play and make a defense look so much better in the long run. Adding a third solid TEE and a hybrid FB/TE is a great move to bolster the running game....on top of Moroney.

As was said bfore Mills is like a Cooley which the Pats need. Good blocking/pass catching FB. This kicked I have never heard of or seen but apparently he has a VERY strong and accurate leg so i'm excited about that as well.

Chad Jackson is a steal in early round 2 I think also. Nice complement to Branch and Caldwell. Good to see we have some size for Brady to throw to with Jackson and Watson at least.

To be fair, NE picked one hell of a kicker to replace Vin.

Guest Felonies!

The Bears have abandoned all pretense and are just fielding two defenses this year. Don't ask about the logistics of it.

Eagles grabbed another OL with their 1st pick in the 4th round, Max-Jean Gilles. Bit of a steal too as well, as the Eagles have basically now set their OL for the future thanks to this draft: Justice, Jean-Gilles, whatever they do at C, Andrews, and Herremans.

Gilles is an excellent pick. Watched him several times in the SEC this year and at some points he was being projected as a late-first, early second round pick.

Lots of criticism in New England for the Pats taking so much offense and a Kicker so far but I really dont see the problem honestly. Ball control offense can make defense much easier to play and make a defense look so much better in the long run.

But defense wins championships! DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! You can't outscore the Colts!

/Texans FO still justifying the 1st round travesty