TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

Guest NYankees

THE CAVS WIN. Cavs lead the series 3-2. That is 3 more wins than anybody said the Cavs were going to win. I loved all that early season talk about the 2006 Pistons being the next 1996 Bulls. I dont remember the Bulls facing elimination playoff games during their run.

Guest Smues
Cleveland wins. If they win Game 6, I want to be here for the Dama meltdown...

Those are more annoying than they are fun.

You can say Lebron gets every call, but Ben Wallace body checked him and it went uncalled after he pulled Z to the court a moment earlier and they called a foul on Z. The previous trip I thought there was a questionable call by the officials to send Anderson Varajeo to the bench. Lebron might get a lot of calls, but the refs did not decide this game.

The highlight was after the game D Jones getting smacked in the eye by Varajeo slapping someone five after they won the game.

These playoffs have been great. When was the last time so many games have come down to it like this?!

If Lebron played at Oklahoma, all of the hype in world wouldn't be enough.

Nope. Wrong. Couldn't be more wrong. I hate players that get way to much hype. I'd be sick of him.

Dama you know you would have a picture of Lebron in your avatar and you would be giving him verbal blowjobs all up in these threads if he played at Oklahoma.

Nope. You're wrong again.

Fuck this shit though. Fucking Pistons need to quit playing like a bunch of girls and pound the Lebrons. This hype is going to be nauseating if they make it to the ECF. I won't even be able to turn on the TV.

And I wouldn't care that the Lebrons are moving on if I didn't know there was going to be a sickening amount of hype and I'm not confident in the Heats ability to beat them.

I do not want to listen to the hype that will follow the Cavs everywhere they go until Dallas sweeps them right out of the finals. Then the media will be like "Lebron who? We never said that guy was any good!"

God I hate the fucking media and their stupid hype and then the way they act like they never hyped a player or team after that team loses.

And I wouldn't care that the Lebrons are moving on if I didn't know there was going to be a sickening amount of hype and I'm not confident in the Heats ability to beat them.

I do not want to listen to the hype that will follow the Cavs everywhere they go until Dallas sweeps them right out of the finals. Then the media will be like "Lebron who? We never said that guy was any good!"

God I hate the fucking media and their stupid hype and then the way they act like they never hyped a player or team after that team loses.

Then stop watching the media. The world is not Clockwork Orange. No one is holding your eyelids open and forcing you to watch the LeBron James hype.

I must say, the Cavs won me over with their performance tonight. I would've really hated them if they lost. Series isn't over, but the Cavs finally have me thinking they could do it.

Another great 2nd round game.

It's everywhere I go. I work in the god damn media for gods sake. And I hate all my coworkers.

And I hate the hype because I know all the fans are going to buy into the hype and repeat what they hear on ESPN like sheep. It's hard to talk to someone about sports when they're just parroting what they heard on ESPN.

Congrats to the Cleveland LeBrons, as a Shaq & Wade fan, I hope you guys win Game 6 and make Miami's road to the NBA Finals that much easier. Go Bron Bron!

Now if only Dallas would eliminate San Antonio tonight we'd be in business.

If Detroit wins out and plays Miami, Dama will just switch his hatred to another team for any sort of random excuse. I don't like tall guys with superman tattoos, I hate Miami so much. Oh, and ESPN talked about Wade, AGAIN! Stupid media and stupid stupid hype

It's everywhere I go. I work in the god damn media for gods sake. And I hate all my coworkers.

And I hate the hype because I know all the fans are going to buy into the hype and repeat what they hear on ESPN like sheep. It's hard to talk to someone about sports when they're just parroting what they heard on ESPN.

I've never understood why someone who hates the sports media so much wants to be a part of it.

Because I won't fall to the bullshit that they fall to!

No I like Wade. I think he's better than Lebron. If Phoenix and Detroit gets eliminated Miami would be the only team I'd care about. Wait I don't care about Miami. Wade would be the only player or anything in the NBA playoffs that I care about.

Don't start that bullshit trying to start fights Hawk.

Guest NYankees

Well isn't Dama a Big Boi known for his Anger Issues? I can see him taking on the whole system by himself.

If the Cavs make it to the ECF or The Finals, Dama is going to impose another ban on himself until after the NBA Finals.

Why are people allowed to derail this thread and turn everything into being about them? I want to read about basketball, not why someone hates the media. It's unfair for the person to turn it into something about themself, then for everyone to start talking about it, therefore making it un-ignorable.

Dallas/San Antonio's going to turn out to be a great game.

Why are people allowed to derail this thread and turn everything into being about them? I want to read about basketball, not why someone hates the media. It's unfair for the person to turn it into something about themself, then for everyone to start talking about it, therefore making it un-ignorable.

Dallas/San Antonio's going to turn out to be a great game.

Well stated.

Detroit really needs to come out in Game 6 and just take over the game against the Cavs in the first 5 minutes. If they dominate Game 6 and win comfortably, you can probably pencil them in for the ECF. If they come out and let Cleveland play their tempo, it's going to be just like tonight.

And this series has really made me an admirer of LeBron as compared to the last series with the Wizards.

I didn't turn it into a thread about myself.

I let my feelings be known and they're the ones that started talking about me.

Why is everyone always blind to this?

Guest Vitamin X

Solution: Suspending the guy from the sports folder for a while.

EDIT: Even better solution: Everyone just ignore the guy and/or scroll past his posts.

Ok so how is that fair?

I'm just trying to state my opinion like everyone else. But because everyone on this board hates me they start a fight with me over my opinion.

Everyone else states there opinion and nobody gives them extreme amounts of shit like they give me.

So I'm essentially being punished because everyone doesn't like my opinion and wants to fight over it.

Yeah that's real fair.

Detroit really needs to come out in Game 6 and just take over the game against the Cavs in the first 5 minutes. If they dominate Game 6 and win comfortably, you can probably pencil them in for the ECF. If they come out and let Cleveland play their tempo, it's going to be just like tonight.

And this series has really made me an admirer of LeBron as compared to the last series with the Wizards.

I'm going to Tivo it. My opinion of Cleveland has changed massively.

I think the death of Hughes' brother has inspired them to play their absolute best, and that's a great thing for the league. They'll use that story if they get even deeper, and they should.

I don't see how anyone can hate Cleveland at this point, when they're clearly being inspired by something terrible that happened to the relative of a teammate.

Ok so how is that fair?

I'm just trying to state my opinion like everyone else. But because everyone on this board hates me they start a fight with me over my opinion.

Everyone else states there opinion and nobody gives them extreme amounts of shit like they give me.

So I'm essentially being punished because everyone doesn't like my opinion and wants to fight over it.

Yeah that's real fair.

See, you are already turning into the very people you hate.

I can't believe the Cavs even made a series out of this, now they've got a chance to close it out at home. Even after game 3 I though they still had no chance in the series, and 70% in a cleveland.com poll agreed with me. They havn't even been playing their best, but they got the confidence and composure to pull this off. No way the blow it know. Can't wait to see the look on Shead's face Friday.

Don't think they can beat the Heat, but it seems like anythings now possible for this team.