TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Tattoos.......

I was interested in getting the Leafs 'TML' shoulder patch, but this fat kid I know who I don't like has it already, so that went out the window. I think a blue Maple Leaf would be alright, though.

Band names/logo's are usually a bad idea unless it's a band that's either had a significant impact on your life or you've been listening to for as long as you can remember. Hence why I plan on getting a variation of the Crimson Ghost (Misfits logo) some day.

I also plan on getting my mother's parents' names somewhere, but I'm not sure where. They were oftentimes closer to my sister and I than our parents were, and they both passed in the last few years (grandfather in '03, grandmother a few months ago). Maybe the names of the three friends that died somewhere, though I wasn't especially close with any one of them (but did know them all pretty well and for years).

Guest Vitamin X
Do you actually believe in astrology enough to use its symbols?

I know what it all means, and it's symbol personalizing a piece of who I am on my body, which is my fundamental reason for getting tattoos.

I think tattooing your name on yourself is pretty dumb, but I wouldn't worry about people knowing who I am. That seems a little out there, you in trouble with the law or something?

No, not really, but it's kind of like that thing where you'd really rather prefer people not know your name unless you tell them or they ask.

Ever worked somewhere where you had to wear a nametag and you had a rude customer look at your nametag and use it in a condescending manner or later on to bitch at someone about you, even though you did nothing? Maybe something like that.

I'm probably with Czech here. I've never understood the appeal, especially those who cover their bodies in them. Couldn't they have just bought a notebook and some colored pencils? These are also the same people who think everyone wants to hear about the latest tattoo, including its backstory, its meaning, the process of getting it, and of course, the inevitable unveiling. I know there are people out there who actually enjoy that whole song and dance, but surprisingly enough, not everyone really gives a damn about how a dragon with a rose dripping with blood clenched in its teeth wound up on your back.

Guest Felonies!

I'm too weird about irrevocable change to embrace getting a tattoo. Also, there's just something so tacky about it. It doesn't matter if it's a snake, or barbed wire, or a rose that says MOM, or a crucifix, or the Harley-Davidson logo, or what, but it's just really low-class to me.

I love playing the trumpet and watching the Chicago Cubs, but I've never sat around and thought to myself "you know what would be a great way to express my love for the Cubbies? I'm going to let a man inject blue and red ink into my skin so as to create the Chicago Cubs logo on my upper arm. Nobody will ever question my dedication now!" Or likewise but with the trumpet. Same deal. It's not my thought process. Maybe it's yours, and that's great, but not mine.

In the case of girls, I don't think it's very attractive. If a girl is already beautiful, a butterfly above her ass isn't going to make her any more beautiful to me. It might detract. Likewise, if she isn't so hot, a picture of a heart or whatever isn't going to negate whatever's wrong with her. So what's the point?

Guest Felonies!
Fourth tattoo:

dragon1.jpg

More of the fantasy. Part of a work-in-progress. There will be another dragon with a wizard fighting the epic good vs. evil.. once I get enough saved for another tattoo.. and a design sketched up.

Do you guys see where I'm coming from yet?

Yeah. A lot of the people I've seen with tattoos of dragons are from Hickville or just pretty darn rootin' tootin' stupid/lame anyway, Czech. But who's to say that something permanent - like a life-changing experience, or somebody/something that had a big impact on you - can't be permanently placed in time for you to remember whenever you look in the mirror? I'd like to remember how close I was with my mother's parents when I'm 50, how much I loved The Misfits and everything b-horror when I'm in my early 30's and have to give up all that childish stuff to take care of my family, and the friends that were shaken off this mortal coil along the way.

That...and I'm probably going to make the dumb mistake of getting the Ghostbusters logo on one of my arms.

I have the Decepticon symbol on my right arm...if I was going to regret it, I wouldn't have got it. The Transformers were my all-time favorite thing growing up.

on my left arm, scrolling vertically, I have my daughter's name in a style similar to the NY on Yankees merchandise.

I'll be getting something on my right arm above the Decepticon tatt that represents my soon-to-arrive son.

I too have humored the idea of getting the Decepticon logo. Maybe in a year or so when I move out of the parent's house.

CHA01TRA78202.02.jpg

I too have humored the idea of getting the Decepticon logo. Maybe in a year or so when I move out of the parent's house.

CHA01TRA78202.02.jpg

Mine is just straight purple like how they actually are on the Transformer...all that other stuff wouldn't show up right on my skin...plus it probably would have been another 100 bucks on top of it.

If you're going to look at your tattoo in 50 years and think of how stupid it looks and how stupid you were for getting it, don't get it.

Hell, I'd probably regret it within three years.

CHA01TRA78202.02.jpg

Mine is just straight purple like how they actually are on the Transformer...all that other stuff wouldn't show up right on my skin...

Why? The whole Black ink/white skin effect would have been good.

My girlfriend has a tattoo on her lower back, and she takes it from behind. The tat is about the size of a baseball, only it's a burning sun, it looks much like the tattoo on Raven's arm. She got it before I met her, and I asked her if getting a tattoo on your lower back really meant you liked taking it from behind. She laughed it off, saying that it probably used to mean that but now it's just fashionable to get one there. And that if a guy gets with a girl because of that tattoo (thinking she'll give up the ass) he will probably be mistaken.

Yeah my gf has three tattoos. One of a tiger on her ankle, a coy fish on her foot, and a another tiger on her lower back.

I asked her why she got it there and she said "I don't know that's just where it seems your should get it if you're a girl."

And believe me...she will NOT take it up the ass.....I've tried.

Oh and James. My queer little friend from that thread in LSD has the bat symbol tattooed on his lower back. That's more fuel for those of you that think he's gay.

yeah...I don't think any man should get a tattoo on his lower back...unless it's the lower half of a full back tatt or something...that's just gay.

Tattoos definatly aren't for me. I have a rule about not letting sharp metallic objects pierce my skin, unless I absolutely have to of course.

I can't think of any tattoo for a guy to place on his lower back that doesn't kick him out of the hetero clubhouse.

"No Entry"?

Yeah, but like stated before unless it's part of a whole back tattoo.

I doubt I'd ever get a tatoo myself, just based on the fact that I'm at near Robin Williams level in hair, so there is nowhere on me that could get tattooed with the exception of the underside of my arms.

I'd get the Obey Giant logo if I did get a tat. I like the guerilla styling, and Andre was always my favorite.

giant_star_OBEYb.gif

Tattoos definatly aren't for me. I have a rule about not letting sharp metallic objects pierce my skin, unless I absolutely have to of course.

I concur. I'd also be disowned by my parents if I ever got one

Yeah, my parents would end me if I got a tattoo. I faked them out when I came back the first time from university made them think I'd gotten one. They were pretty hot about it and started trying to find it on me when I walked in the door.

Yeah, my parents would end me if I got a tattoo. I faked them out when I came back the first time from university made them think I'd gotten one. They were pretty hot about it and started trying to find it on me when I walked in the door.

I did that once when I came home from spring break when i was 16 and went to Florida. I got one of those henna tattoos on my neck just for the sole purpose of tricking my parents. My mother was surprisingly relaxed about it, while my father flipped out. I kept the ploy going for about a week and it started to fade so I came clean.

I can't think of any tattoo for a guy to place on his lower back that doesn't kick him out of the hetero clubhouse.

Frankly if you are male and get this voluntarily it should be mandated that the only design is the words "Insert Cock Here"

I fully encourage something on the upper back for girls, however.

No, no, on the lower back, with just the right outline that it looks sexy as all hell when you're hittin' it from behind.

Personally, I have 3 Tatoos honoring my 3 dead brothers, and a Frog dressed as a Mobster, smoking a blunt, with shades on, blazing a Tommy gun.

Then, I've got Frogg Tatted on my inner ankle that I put there myself when I was 15, just testing out a homemade gun.

I've got about 15 more tats in mind, I just keep changing them and updating the designs. Gotta get it perfect, 'cause I design all of my own tats.

And yeah, get things that actually mean something to you. something personal, like me and my boys, we all say that every tat we get should be able to tell a story, to be able to tell anybody looking at them, exactly what they mean.

Yeah I don't know if I'd ever get drug stuff tattooed on me. #1 because I don't do any drugs unles you consider alcohol a drug. And #2 what if they ruin your life or you quit or something and you have that permanetly tattooed on you?