TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Conference Finals

Dama shut up. Your "baseball team" won a WS in 2004.

I really don't want Miami to win b/c of my hatred for Zo and Riley, so here's hoping one of the other three teams can take it.

I demand at least one of my teams wins something every year. Otherwise the gods hate me.

I really don't want Miami to win b/c of my hatred for Zo and Riley, so here's hoping one of the other three teams can take it.

I demand at least one of my teams wins something every year. Otherwise the gods hate me.

Didn't your Longhorns just win the National Title 5 months ago?

I personally don't care because basically every player on the team has a ring except Antonio. I love for players to win their first ring which is why I want either of the west teams to win this thing. I don't think there is a championship ring amoung either one of the teams. not ONE.

Didn't your Longhorns just win the National Title 5 months ago?

I dislike Texas. I just wanted a team from the Big XII to finish off The Trojans.

Oh well. I would have rather seen the Pistons win this series, but I'm not going to shed tears over their loss. If only Artest hadn't flaked out again, this could be us right now.

I still look forward to the finals. I'd like to see 'Zo get a ring, I've always liked the guy, I don't care what anyone says about him. But I don't think they'll beat Dallas, or even Phoenix if they can regain their fresh legs.

I don't think the Mavs would have an answer for Shaq who seems to have stepped into a time warp in the last week. If, and that's a big if, the Heat finish off the Pistons, I see them beating the Mavs, but not the Suns. The Suns run too much for Shaq to be effective.

If you don't care, stay the fuck out of the goddamn thread.

Whichever team plays the Heat is likely to get trucked.

I've decided that I like basketball too much to not watch the Finals no matter who is in it.

I however will root for whoever comes out of the Western Conference just because I don't want Gary Payton to ever have his ring. D-Wade is the only redeeming thing about the Heat. I can't stand Shaq, Payton, Williams, Haslem, Walker, or any of the rest of em'. Well they do have Wayne Simien....I like him.

But I don't like Riley's Yankee mentality of buying a championship.

So go Suns or Mavs.....preferably Suns.

I don't know if it's possible to ban someone from posting in a single thread, but if we could, it might be nice here to take care of someone who's name starts with Dama and ends with ramu.

Nothing pisses me off more than whiny bandwagon fans. I waited through six seasons in a row where Dallas didn't even make the playoffs, then saw the near misses for season after season to finally enjoy them in the Finals, and Dama who probably didn't even know what the NBA was three years ago is bitching because he can't watch the same goddamn boring teams in the Finals this year that made it last year. He can eat a dick.

Anyway, Miami looked good again tonight. There's no way that Detroit's going to be able to stop them now. They just don't have the firepower on the offensive end to keep up. I really think this year is a landmark in terms of changing of the guard, as the Mavs, Heat, Suns, Clippers, Cavaliers, and Lakers should all be significantly better next year, while the Pistons and Spurs will be getting worse. I think when Miami finishes off the Detroit in Game 6 (maybe even 5?), the slow boring nightmare of champions that can't score will be over once and for all.

Kiss my ass Igg. It's funny you bring up this bandwagon shit when you're the one that seems to have a new favorite team in every sport. I remember you dieing to see GA Tech win it all in college b-ball then this past season you were trumping Duke like you'd been a Dukie your whole life. So don't even talk to me about bandwagoning because you're just as bad. People tell me I'm not a real fan because I don't like teams all from the same city well neither do you so shut it.

I'm not a bandwagon fan and I never have been and no amount of internet sports message board elitist snob can change that because when I sign off of here I know the truth and it doesn't matter what you say about it.

Guest Vitamin X

Just leave the guy alone, ignore him or whatever, guys. Seriously.

And to my knowledge, even I'm aware of what his favorite teams are (Celtics in NBA, Eagles in the NFL, OU in NCAAF). OU had a down year, though I don't think I can defend rooting for Texas and being a Sooner fan (I don't think I could EVER root for USC being a Bruins fan, and I don't think that rivalry's as bad). But the Celtics and Eagles had down years as well, so I could see him rooting for other teams that he likes to do well- doesn't necessarily mean they're his favorite.

For the matter, I've always seen iggy be a Mavs fan as well. So everyone just knock it off already. This shit's just clogging up an otherwise perfectly good thread.

Duke was a team that I liked that I thought would win the national championship in basketball. Half of my rooting for them during the tournament was just to be right because I had them winning in my bracket. At no point did I claim that they were "my team."

Georgia Tech has been my favorite college team for the last ten years. With Georgia Tech, I was all excited to see what bracket matchups they'd get (when they were in the tourney), watched all their significant games, and even pulled over at a sports bar in the middle of moving back to college to watch a tourney game of theirs. There's a difference there.

Meanwhile, you just picked one of the teams in the championship in every major professional sport a couple years ago, (Pistons, Red Sox, Eagles), and instantly proclaimed them your team. Then, when it looked like you might not have a team in the championship a couple years later (wow, funny how that works out), you started hijacking threads to complain about how the gods had cursed you, dedicating five posts per page to tell us how uninterested you were in the teams that weren't your newly appointed favorites.

Now THAT is the very definition of a bandwagon fan.

I personally don't care because basically every player on the team has a ring except Antonio. I love for players to win their first ring which is why I want either of the west teams to win this thing. I don't think there is a championship ring amoung either one of the teams. not ONE.
Avery has one; does he count?

I had assumed he meant the franchises, but I can't think of a player on either of those teams with a ring. It's Avery, and that's it.

The Mavs should employ the strategy of the '04 Pistons, meaning just let Shaq get whatever he wants, and throw their double and triple-teams at Wade, and maybe throw an extra guy on Walker occasionally. If they do that, I don't see any reason they can't beat Miami.

Duke was a team that I liked that I thought would win the national championship in basketball. Half of my rooting for them during the tournament was just to be right because I had them winning in my bracket. At no point did I claim that they were "my team."

Georgia Tech has been my favorite college team for the last ten years. With Georgia Tech, I was all excited to see what bracket matchups they'd get (when they were in the tourney), watched all their significant games, and even pulled over at a sports bar in the middle of moving back to college to watch a tourney game of theirs. There's a difference there.

Meanwhile, you just picked one of the teams in the championship in every major professional sport a couple years ago, (Pistons, Red Sox, Eagles), and instantly proclaimed them your team. Then, when it looked like you might not have a team in the championship a couple years later (wow, funny how that works out), you started hijacking threads to complain about how the gods had cursed you, dedicating five posts per page to tell us how uninterested you were in the teams that weren't your newly appointed favorites.

Now THAT is the very definition of a bandwagon fan.

I have never claimed the Pistons as my favorite team. My favorite basketball team is the Celtics. I just like the Pistons starting five and I wanted them to beat the Lakers. I didn't care who won last year's finals and the Pistons are the only team left I care about but never did I say the Pistons were my favorite.

Even VX said he can name my fav teams and has known who they are and he isn't exactly a fan of my posting.

Now that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

Tonights game should be fun. Either team that wins this series(preferably Suns) I'd like to see win it all just so Riley's Lakers v. 2 can't take it.

I still look forward to the finals. I'd like to see 'Zo get a ring, I've always liked the guy, I don't care what anyone says about him.

No, what people say about him are right. He's a worthless piece of shit.

I'd like to see Dallas win, since I remember in 1993 when the Cowboys won more games then the Mavs. That was funny.

Obvious must win for the Suns to stay alive tonight. I don't think they can come back from 3-1 against Dallas and I don't think Dallas is going to let another 3-1 series go to 7.

Miami is rolling right now. They really have to not get complacent and really try to put the foot on the throat tommorrow on the road. You can't give a team like Detroit hope. You have to kill them.

The thing that pisses me off is that it isn't like Miami has been a dominant team, Detroit has just played terribly outside of Game 7 of the Cleveland series. I mean I am not trying to say that if Miami wins this series in 5,6, or even 7 that they didnt deserve it, but this series has been more of bad coaching and poor execution and shooting and even defense from Detroit. A team can get away with shit like that against a team like Cleveland(barely). But against a team like Miami with great players like Shaq and Wade, and legends like Zo, Payton, and solid role players, you can't beat a team like that scoring 78-82 points and shooting under 40 percent especially when you aren't making foul shots at all. You can't complain to the refs about fouls and shit because the foul calls were pretty even last night and have been this entire series. The disparity in foul attempts has nothing to do with the refs or anyone hating Detroit, its them playing shitty defense in key situations and fouling Shaq because thats better than giving him two points. Why Saunders isn't going with a rotation of Wallace, Wallace, Prince, Hamilton, Billups, McDyess, Hunter,Davis, Cato , Delk, and either Evans/Delfino I don't know. You need to play 10 players in the series and its not like Davis or Cato is causing you to lose anything on the offensive end. That gives you a total of 30 fouls to use on Shaq if needed and it keeps the frontline fresh. Also, Saunders has done an awful job of calling timeouts and he goes away from stuff so quickly. Prince had a monster 1st quarter and then it didnt seem like he got the ball again until the fourth quarter. No one on the Heat really can guard him with that backdown baby hook move in the post, yet Saunders chooses to ignore running that or running some sort of variation with a guard cutting to the corner for a three if the double comes. He would rather have Chauncey Billups shooting wild jumpers for no reason, when the offense needs to be run through. Any player who takes as many bad shots as Billups should never be considered an MVP candidate

Either team that wins this series(preferably Suns) I'd like to see win it all just so Riley's Lakers v. 2 can't take it.

What the hell are you talking about? This Heat team does not resemble the Showtime Lakers at all.

They're the exact opposite, which is what Riley's teams have transformed into.

The Showtime Lakers were the greatest teams ever (talentwise and if it wasn't for Red's Celtics results wise) and I don't know how easy it would be to compare anyone to them or prove that statement 100% wrong.

I wasn't talking about the showtime Lakers god dammit. I was talking about the Lakers team that got bounced 2 years ago by Detroit. Jesus.

Right, I forgot Pat Riley coached those Lakers.

Try speaking a little more clearly if you don't like being misunderstood so much.

I wasn't saying that Riley coached those Lakers! Argh! I was throwing his name in there because he's the coach of the team and this year's team appears modeled after those Lakers! Damn you guys will start a fight or argument over everything.

It looks like Raja might play.

And from the preshow, both Nash and Dirk seem like such nice guys. I don't think I want to see either one lose the series.

The more I watch Phoenix, the more I don't like watching them as much as I used to.

Maybe I'm just one of those guys that doesn't like to watch a 3 point exhibition with no attempt to play defense.

I don't hate them though, I wouldn't have an orange Amare Stoudemire jersey in my closet if I did.