TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

New match added to ECW: One Night Stand

Guest Kobe24KGold

Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu for the World Heavyweight Championship will happen at ONS according to the Smackdown Spoilers on Meltzer's website:

They did the "show the arena get everyone to yell" but it was interrupted by

an ECW One Night Stand thing. Thennnn a graphic showed that at ONS it will

be Rey vs. Sabu for the World Heavyweight Championship. That was followed by

a Sabu video.

I'm STOKED!

Could be good, could be a disaster. I am expecting something in-between. 10 years ago this literally would have been a DREAM MATCH for me, and I almost guarantee it would have taken place sometime in ECW if Bischoff hadn't liked the Luchadors so much and signed them away so fast, but right now in 2006, Rey isn't quite a Luchador anymore, and Sabu is severely broken down.

Guest burth179

Why would they give a broken down has been like Sabu a title shot already? It doesn't make any sense.

Did you see his match with Joe at the last TNA PPV? It sucked, at least compared to what I was expecting. And it wasn't Joe's fault either.

Don't get me wrong, I think Sabu can still do some hardcore type of stuff and be good at that, but he is no where near the class of Rey Mysterio these days (even Rey is a step slower than he used to be, but Sabu is like 5 steps slower) and surely does not deserve a title shot.

My money is on Rey retaining the belt. But I guess we'll see...

Did you see his match with Joe at the last TNA PPV? It sucked, at least compared to what I was expecting. And it wasn't Joe's fault either.

That match is completely unfair to criticize because Sabu was working with an incredibly messed up arm. He shouldn't have even been wrestling most likely.

Sabu isn't winning the belt, and it's likely that he's getting beaten clean. That part doesn't make sense, given that he's meant to be helping the new ECW get over and his first match in will see, one thinks, a clean loss.

It would have been nice if they gave a reason Sabu was getting a title shot. I mean even having him show up next week on Smackdown and attack Rey would be SOMETHING to work with. Of course since they title shot has already been confirmed, I don't figure it matters anymore.

With Sabu & RVD at the PPV in matches, I SOOOOOO hope they sign Bill Alphonso.

It would have been nice if they gave a reason Sabu was getting a title shot. I mean even having him show up next week on Smackdown and attack Rey would be SOMETHING to work with. Of course since they title shot has already been confirmed, I don't figure it matters anymore.

With Sabu & RVD at the PPV in matches, I SOOOOOO hope they sign Bill Alphonso.

They had Bill Alfonso in for last year's show, that gives me no reason to think they wouldn't again. Or to bring him back as RVD & Sabu's full-time manager again in ECW.

So they have enough faith in ECW to bring it back full-time, but not enough faith in ECW to let them draw buys based on the name alone?

RVD vs. Cena makes sense considering it's RVD using the Money in the Bank.

Sabu vs. Rey as a match on the show is fine, but does the belt have to be on the line?

I'm wondering if the belt is actually on the line, or if the guy who wrote in the spoilers to Meltzer just got a little anxious to notice correctly.

Like I said in the spoiler thread, Id think it more likely for Sabu to win the Heavyweight Title since its the old WCW belt and its on Smackdown. I mentioned they could go back to the old idea of having 1 floating champion between the two shows which would be a great idea now even though its a huge knock against brand seperation.

Why would they give a broken down has been like Sabu a title shot already? It doesn't make any sense.

Hey, you respect Sabu! "Broken down has been"? Your fucking kidding me right? Sabu is still one of the best in-rin performers there is and he's going to draw a auidence to the new ECW shows. You should really re-think that statement.

Guest Princess Leena

WWE must know they've done a shitty job building up this PPV if they sloppily throw this mess of a match together...

And like HTQ says... if Rey is winning here, which is highly probable, the point here is to start building up ECW, and this definitely isn't a good start.

Guest Coffey

So, this ECW show now has John Cena, Rey Mysterio & Edge in the three "main events?

So, this ECW show now has John Cena, Rey Mysterio & Edge in the three "main events?

Rey isn't as bad as Cena or Edge, as mentioned, because

A) He used to wrestle in ECW (for a short time yes, but still)

and

B) Last year at ONS, he defended ECW against "The Invaders".

And I still say the reason for the Sabu/Rey match was so they could have Rey/Cena vs. RVD/Sabu at WWE vs. ECW.

Guest Coffey
I still say the reason for the Sabu/Rey match was so they could have Rey/Cena vs. RVD/Sabu at WWE vs. ECW.

I'll care more about that match than either of the single matches.

I still say the reason for the Sabu/Rey match was so they could have Rey/Cena vs. RVD/Sabu at WWE vs. ECW.

I'll care more about that match than either of the single matches.

What day is the show? June 7th?

Speaking of the WWE vs. ECW show, is anything booked for that? Is it really ECW vs. WWE matches, or is it more like the ECW Invasion RAW episode where it was basically a WWE show that featured ECW workers on it?

Speaking of the WWE vs. ECW show, is anything booked for that? Is it really ECW vs. WWE matches, or is it more like the ECW Invasion RAW episode where it was basically a WWE show that featured ECW workers on it?

Well, the subtitle for the show is "Head to Head". Take that for what it's worth.

... if Rey is winning here, which is highly probable, the point here is to start building up ECW, and this definitely isn't a good start.

I'm guessing the match was put together with the idea that the ECW fans would lap up the first ever meeting between Sabu and Rey, and that they'll forget about Sabu getting beaten in the haze of witnessing a historic match. If Sabu is going to lose, and it doesn't seem like we'll get any other result, he has to look competitive and go toe-to-toe with Rey, so at least he gains something in defeat, that being at least looking on an equal level to the official World Champion.

I think it's obvious that they are throwing in this match so that Sabu wins one title they can take to ECW and that way Cena doesn't have to drop the title to RVD.

I would say that is decidedly not obvious, seeing as there is no way in hell Sabu would ever win the title.

I think it's obvious that they are throwing in this match so that Sabu wins one title they can take to ECW and that way Cena doesn't have to drop the title to RVD.

You can't build a promotion around Sabu. You can't leave SD without a title. Rey will go over but Sabu will probably look strong here. Foley will take the pinfall for WWE against Funk and Dreamer. I just don't think WWE should go 2-1 in the triple main events.

They also can't make it all ECW Vs WWE. They need to start announcing ECW matches.