TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Covers you liked better than the original?

I guess I'm the only one who likes Manson's covers, huh. They sound so different from the originals, it's like he's writing a whole new song with the same words. It's cool.

anywaze, The Raincoats cover of Lola is pretty cool, even though I really like the Kinks version too. Nirvana's cover of The Man Who Sold The World on unplugged was sweet.

I remember a Led Zeppelin tribute album about 10 years ago and I thought the Hootie and the Blowfish cover of Hey, Hey, What Can I Say was better than the original. As was STP's version of Dancing Days. Sheryl Crow's D'Yer Mak'er was awful however. I think I feel this way mainly because I have never much cared for Robert Plant's voice.

I think Juice Newton's version of Angel of the Morning is better than Merilee Rush's version.

I'm amazed anyone would say Metallica's lousy cover of Sabbra Cadabra. But then again I think most Sabbath covers are hideous, including the covers Ozzy himself has done with others.

I don't know, Pantera did a brutal (in a good way) version of "Hole in the Sky," probably the heaviest song Sabbath ever did and Pantera made it even heavier, to the point where you feel like your going to be sucked into a black hole by it.

Guest swilk

This Flight Tonight by Nazareth > Joni Mitchell

Under My Thumb by Streetheart > Rolling Stones

Here Comes The Night by Streetheart > Van Morrison

Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica > Thin Lizzy

I hate to post the same thing in two threads, but Paris Hilton's cover of "If You Think I'm Sexy" is the shiznit. It's way better than the original.

I've never heard it or anything by Shinedown, but the few snippets I've heard of the Deftones were horrible, so I don't doubt it. Maybe I shouldn't judge a band by its snippets.

Neither was the original...

Alright then, Shinedown's cover of Simple Man own's Deftone's cover, and I like Shinedown's better then the original, as well.

Linkin Park's cover of the Nine Inch Nail's song Wish

Limp Bizkit's cover of The Who's song Behind Blue Eyes....yea thats right I said Limp Bizkit

Not a true cover, but Black Label Society's "No More Tears" is grittier, heavier, and a lot more impactful than the original. It's not a TRUE cover, though, since Zakk Wylde wrote it for Ozzy, and then souped it up for his own release. Ditto for Danzig's "Thirteen," since it was written for Johnny Cash, and then he did it himself too.

Motörhead's cover of "Enter Sandman" owns Metallica's in every way, shape, and form.

Not a true cover, but Black Label Society's "No More Tears" is grittier, heavier, and a lot more impactful than the original. It's not a TRUE cover, though, since Zakk Wylde wrote it for Ozzy, and then souped it up for his own release. Ditto for Danzig's "Thirteen," since it was written for Johnny Cash, and then he did it himself too.

Motörhead's cover of "Enter Sandman" owns Metallica's in every way, shape, and form.

Damn near anything by Motorhead has that effect.