TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Thread - June 13th 2006

Guest nokia

From Meltzer:

"On the music last night, some of the Harry Slash ECW music was used, but none of the popular music like "Enter Sandman" were used or will be used by WWE"

* Doesn't look good for Sandman...

From Meltzer:

"On the music last night, some of the Harry Slash ECW music was used, but none of the popular music like "Enter Sandman" were used or will be used by WWE"

* Doesn't look good for Sandman...

If it's really such a necessity, they could probably get the rights to the Motorhead version for a single lump sum, since they already have a working relationship with M-Head. Then again, it all depends on how much of a push Sandman is getting I guess.

From WWE.com

Defending his Championship

June 13, 2006

On June 25, Rob Van Dam will defend his Championship against Edge at Vengeance.

This afternoon in Charlotte, NC, at the Vengeance press conference, Van Dam told everyone that he looks forward to defending his Championship. “I knew what I was getting into by becoming the Champion. I know this isn’t a prize I can hang up on the wall. This is something that I will defend and prove that I am the best. I am looking forward to defending my Championship in a WWE ring at Vengeance.”

Rob also went on the say that his family, the ECW locker room, is exited he is bringing the Championship home. “I recommend that everyone tune into the Sci Fi Channel at 10/9 CT tonight to watch our extreme celebration.”

Also you can watch the Vengeance Press Conference here: http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/pre...00606/vengpress

So now it looks like there isn't going to be a seperare ECW belt, at least not YET. It looks as if it will be the same belt, however it will just be called the ECW belt while RVD has it.....hmmm. So it looks like Either RVD gets screwed at Vengeance OR they do a double pin spot and then RVD gets his own belt the following Tuesday.

EDIT: This press conference is freaking hilarious. RVD is acting like the cocky heel he was in ECW at the podium. I wish Vince would have let him be like this in WWE. Triple H and HBK introduced as DX w/DX Music.

Whoa, a nice little shoot between Triple H and RVD to end the press conference:

HHH: "The nice thing about the WWE title being rechristened as the ECW title is now it can be won on Wednesday nights during bingo"

RVD: "Watch as I going ahead and put respect back into the World Title that WWE ruined five years ago"

What will the ECW set look like? From what I've read, they won't have much more than a half hour between Smackdown and ECW.

I wonder if they're going to be able to take down the entire big Smackdown entrance thing in that time.

Guest The Great Muta

Am I the only one who is expecting to see a horribly booked, smackdown rehash tonight? The fact that Cena and Edge are appearing makes me even more pessimistic...

What will the ECW set look like? From what I've read, they won't have much more than a half hour between Smackdown and ECW.

I wonder if they're going to be able to take down the entire big Smackdown entrance thing in that time.

I fully expect for them to do the exact same thing that we saw on the WWE vs. ECW special in terms of set, entrances, etc...

They should just drape a big fucking black curtain over the Smackdown set and put the ECW set in front of it.

Ive got to wait untill sunday to see the show, but i'll tune in. I just want to know whats on the fuckin card!

Since you have to wait till Sunday, if you like I will PM you a non-spoiler card.

Cowboy, have you not heard or read anything from Heyman within the past two weeks? He's been talking about going live for awhile now.

I thought so, but the promos where they are talking about ECW and unleashed and shit, it doesn't say live.

Bits from PWInsider:

-There are no plans at all for WWE to pull the plug on ECW, even if SciFi doesn't pick them up again after this initial run of episodes. It's rumored that this might be a plan to get USA ready for another wrestling show. If ECW pulls a solid rating on SciFi, it's likely that it'll be moved to USA down the line.

-Vine McMahon is going to continue to allow Paul Heyman to book ECW just as it used to be, in terms of the violence, action in the ring, and all of that. The reason for this is to hook in all of the old ECW fans who don't watch WWE, or any other wrestling for that matter, and to get them hooked on the new ECW brand. As of right now, that's only going to be the case for the next few months, after which they are going to slowly tone it down, simply because of the fear of injury. Back in the day, ECW guys only worked about three days a week, so they feel they need to, even more so, WWEize ECW down the line, but not totally to the point of what we see on RAW and SD, so that ECW still feels different from those two brands.

-Just as was posted earlier in the thread, PWInsider also states that there is no chance at all that Sandman will ever use Enter Sandman as his theme in this new brand. Metallica was demanding 10-13 million bucks a YEAR for the rights to use that song for Sandman's theme. It's said that that total is more than the rights for anyone in WWE, from the most major stars on down. Many people feel sorry for Sandman because of this, and feel really bad for him, since he has really worked hard to get into what many are saying is the best shape of his career for this new ECW brand.

-They also say that the ECW is still just as much of a dump that it's always been, even with the changes. :) Paul Heyman wanted the return to the ECW arena to be for the live show on July 4th so he was asking for the show on June 24th to be canceled, so that the actual return would be live and it would mean more to the fans in the building. Vince didn't want that, and refused for that to go down, so the plan now is to have a show at the ECW arena on both the 24th as well as on July 4th.

-Many people are concerned about SD fans and ECW fans clashing as an audience, and are really eager to see how that all goes down tonight and over the next few weeks.

-There are talks that after this initial run of SciFi episodes, ECW will actually get it's own taping instead of sticking with SD as we'll see for now. As time goes by, many behind the scenes are realizing that eventually that will be what needs to be done for the ECW shows to really be what they need to be. Not to mention, again, how the fans might clash with one another. They realize that the SD fans and the ECW fans are very, very different. They're worried that they might even be hostile towards one another and they're thinking that some SD fans might actually leave before the ECW taping begins, and on and on.

Bits from PWInsider:

-There are no plans at all for WWE to pull the plug on ECW, even if SciFi doesn't pick them up again after this initial run of episodes. It's rumored that this might be a plan to get USA ready for another wrestling show. If ECW pulls a solid rating on SciFi, it's likely that it'll be moved to USA down the line.

-Vine McMahon is going to continue to allow Paul Heyman to book ECW just as it used to be, in terms of the violence, action in the ring, and all of that. The reason for this is to hook in all of the old ECW fans who don't watch WWE, or any other wrestling for that matter, and to get them hooked on the new ECW brand. As of right now, that's only going to be the case for the next few months, after which they are going to slowly tone it down, simply because of the fear of injury. Back in the day, ECW guys only worked about three days a week, so they feel they need to, even more so, WWEize ECW down the line, but not totally to the point of what we see on RAW and SD, so that ECW still feels different from those two brands.

-Just as was posted earlier in the thread, PWInsider also states that there is no chance at all that Sandman will ever use Enter Sandman as his theme in this new brand. Metallica was demanding 10-13 million bucks a YEAR for the rights to use that song for Sandman's theme. It's said that that total is more than the rights for anyone in WWE, from the most major stars on down. Many people feel sorry for Sandman because of this, and feel really bad for him, since he has really worked hard to get into what many are saying is the best shape of his career for this new ECW brand.

-They also say that the ECW is still just as much of a dump that it's always been, even with the changes. :) Paul Heyman wanted the return to the ECW arena to be for the live show on July 4th so he was asking for the show on June 24th to be canceled, so that the actual return would be live and it would mean more to the fans in the building. Vince didn't want that, and refused for that to go down, so the plan now is to have a show at the ECW arena on both the 24th as well as on July 4th.

-Many people are concerned about SD fans and ECW fans clashing as an audience, and are really eager to see how that all goes down tonight and over the next few weeks.

-There are talks that after this initial run of SciFi episodes, ECW will actually get it's own taping instead of sticking with SD as we'll see for now. As time goes by, many behind the scenes are realizing that eventually that will be what needs to be done for the ECW shows to really be what they need to be. Not to mention, again, how the fans might clash with one another. They realize that the SD fans and the ECW fans are very, very different. They're worried that they might even be hostile towards one another and they're thinking that some SD fans might actually leave before the ECW taping begins, and on and on.

Probably gonna happen....

Have you seen Smackdown's crowd???

FULL of young kids...

Guest The Great Muta
they are going to slowly tone it down, simply because of the fear of injury. Back in the day, ECW guys only worked about three days a week, so they feel they need to, even more so, WWEize ECW down the line

This scares me only because I saw what the WWE did to the cruiserweights. The violence doesn't bother me that much. I'll deal. But I hope by "toning it down", that doesn't mean that they will limit the moves and the wrestling they apply in the ring. Because the last thing I want to see is a watered down WWE style match on ECW when I could just watch Smackdown or Raw for that. That would totally defeat the purpose of creating a new ECW.

Just as was posted earlier in the thread, PWInsider also states that there is no chance at all that Sandman will ever use Enter Sandman as his theme in this new brand. Metallica was demanding 10-13 million bucks a YEAR for the rights to use that song for Sandman's theme. It's said that that total is more than the rights for anyone in WWE, from the most major stars on down.

As if Metallica doesn't have enough money, they want to suck 10-13 million dollars for a song that was made in 1991. I think this is going to affect the Sandman alot. No longer will his entrance have the same effect as it once did and, as a result, his character will suffer as well. My only hope is that they license the motorhead version or make a new song that doesn't suck like the generic one he has been using.

the plan now is to have a show at the ECW arena on both the 24th as well as on July 4th.

That's what they should be doing all the time...

There are talks that after this initial run of SciFi episodes, ECW will actually get it's own taping instead of sticking with SD as we'll see for now. As time goes by, many behind the scenes are realizing that eventually that will be what needs to be done for the ECW shows to really be what they need to be.

The only way ECW could succeed is if Paul E. has 95% control over the booking, they have their own show in their old arenas, and they don't limit the wrestling moves that the wrestlers apply.

Not to mention, again, how the fans might clash with one another. They realize that the SD fans and the ECW fans are very, very different. They're worried that they might even be hostile towards one another

I wonder how long it took them to figure that one out

they're thinking that some SD fans might actually leave before the ECW taping begins, and on and on.

That is a good thing. There is nothing worse than hearing people boo ECW on their own show.

Thanks for the info! :D

Stupid Metallica. They are slowly garnering my hate more and more. I feel sorry for Sandman, but hopefully they get the M-Head version.

From WWE.com

Defending his Championship

June 13, 2006

On June 25, Rob Van Dam will defend his Championship against Edge at Vengeance.

This afternoon in Charlotte, NC, at the Vengeance press conference, Van Dam told everyone that he looks forward to defending his Championship. “I knew what I was getting into by becoming the Champion. I know this isn’t a prize I can hang up on the wall. This is something that I will defend and prove that I am the best. I am looking forward to defending my Championship in a WWE ring at Vengeance.”

Rob also went on the say that his family, the ECW locker room, is exited he is bringing the Championship home. “I recommend that everyone tune into the Sci Fi Channel at 10/9 CT tonight to watch our extreme celebration.”

Also you can watch the Vengeance Press Conference here: http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/pre...00606/vengpress

So now it looks like there isn't going to be a seperare ECW belt, at least not YET. It looks as if it will be the same belt, however it will just be called the ECW belt while RVD has it.....hmmm. So it looks like Either RVD gets screwed at Vengeance OR they do a double pin spot and then RVD gets his own belt the following Tuesday.

EDIT: This press conference is freaking hilarious. RVD is acting like the cocky heel he was in ECW at the podium. I wish Vince would have let him be like this in WWE. Triple H and HBK introduced as DX w/DX Music.

Whoa, a nice little shoot between Triple H and RVD to end the press conference:

HHH: "The nice thing about the WWE title being rechristened as the ECW title is now it can be won on Wednesday nights during bingo"

RVD: "Watch as I going ahead and put respect back into the World Title that WWE ruined five years ago"

just saw this and talked about it in the raw thread so heres a repost:

"don't know if this should go here, but I just watched the Vengeance press conference on wwe.com. Man its weird to see RVD announced as the WWE champion.

DX came out and (shawn did look weird doing the chop thing considering hes now mr christian) Shawn cut a vintage DX promo where he said that although they were back, anoth men had grown up and would not be doing stupid sophmoric things (at this point HHH gives Todd Grisham a wet willie) like giving a grown man a wedgie (HHH gives Todd the Michael Cole 97 special) or mooning people (HHH moons the crowd, then asks girls to flash). HHH then added that while back then they did it cuz they were young and didnt care, they will do it now cuz "theyre rich beyotch" (exact words)

Pretty funny stuff, though the mics weren't working well, which Trips later mocked by announcing the equipment would be on sale later for a cheap price."

I don't think Smackdown fans would necessarily LEAVE, but they might just not be into the show very much and sit on their hands for most of the show, but hey they do that for Smackdown ANYWAY. I mean seriously, if I spent money for a wrestling show, why the hell would I leave early if I could get two shows for one.

Oh and as far as scheduling additional ECW Arena shows? The more ECW tapings held in front of ECW crowds...the BETTER.

I am not concerned about the lack of "Violence" in ECW, because you know they will let them go all out on PPV, and it is better to save the big stuff for PPVs and the bigger shows, I am more afraid of WWE-ized wrestling and too much WWE involvement on the show.

It's nice to see that the Sci-fi run, may just be a mere audition for the USA Network, because some of the Sci-fi channels ideas about what should be incorporated into the show are ridiculous.

Just as was posted earlier in the thread, PWInsider also states that there is no chance at all that Sandman will ever use Enter Sandman as his theme in this new brand. Metallica was demanding 10-13 million bucks a YEAR for the rights to use that song for Sandman's theme. It's said that that total is more than the rights for anyone in WWE, from the most major stars on down.

Well that fucking sucks. For SummerSlam 2003, it wasn't a problem for a new song back then, but for an old song, they want to be fucking bitches about it, WTF?

ECW will not air live tonight after all:

The ECW show, which will air nationally at 10 p.m. ET, was scheduled to air live but the decision has been made today to tape the show before Smackdown and air it on tape delay. The word I got is that they are doing it to make sure that the initial broadcast is a clean airing, with no glitches.

Mike Johnson is at the show and will be posting spoilers for the show, as it happens.

Guest Felonies!

Great, now we're going to get a Smackdown crowd shitting on the ECW show and people getting to their seats during the whole show.

Weeks worth of adverts beforehand: "We're live! ECW will be live weekly! ECW, LIVE! Live! Live! Live!"

Announcement the day of the show: "Yeah...it's not gonna be live this week..."

awesome

Like Stephanie isn't putting every effort to sabotage this as quickly as possible so that her precious show doesn't get upstaged.

She needs to pull her head out of her ass and realize that REGARDLESS of what show does better than any other show she's still going to be a spoiled rich cunt.

Since they are so concerned about the clash of fans, maybe for future tapings they can advertise it as smackdown and ecw tapings, and when you order tickets you say which side you want to be on or something, and that way all the ecw fans will be on one side for the ecw show's camera angle, and then all the smackdown fans will be on the opposite side for smackdowns camera angle...