TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Thread - June 13th 2006

You know what would be great for this new ECW?

If they brought back the "end of show quicky promos" like they had in the old one.

I'm sure someone who knows what I'm talking about could better explain it.

If they brought back the "end of show quicky promos" like they had in the old one.

The Pulp Fiction viginettes. Yeah, they ruled.

P.S. Ok yeah I am really leaving now... :D

I only saw the second half.

It was better than your typical RAW. I liked Kurt's match, the leg takedowns were great. Although his music was FUCKING AWFUL.

The random girl stripping - I kept expecting someone to tackle her or something - what was the point of that?

The battle royale was ok, so much for Show not jobbing any more.

I missed the first half so I didn't understand what happened with Edge Cena etc. Edge is facing RVD for the title and Cena just has a blowoff match with Sabu?

I was not impressed but it was good enough to watch next week.

The crowd was awful, they didn't make noise for Angle even.

That ECW show was beyond bad, something that words cannot describe. The production values, crowd, camera shots and wrestling were all WWE style. If one show can kill a promotion, this was it. We're talking Buff Bagwell/Booker T kind of stuff here. That was the worst wrestling show I have ever seen in terms of getting across what it needed to. Paul should quit if he cares about his legacy at all.

I think the best thing to do would be cancel it and pretend like the ECW relaunch never happened.

That had the look, the feel and the match length of WWE SHOTGUN SATURDAY NIGHT. Only ten times less entertaining.

It's sad when the only entertaining thing is the random Sci-Fi wrestlecrap.

And I say I'll ignore what you have to say respectfully, and keep my own opinions about it.

ECW's relaunch will have some kinks to work out. I'll give them a month or two before I decide on whether I fear for it. After all, most TV shows aren't perfect in their first season, and this is technically the first season of ECW v.3.

Ok is it me or was the Zombie character a intentional jab at the Sci-Fi Execs?

Yeah if I said the debut show was anything but dissapointing I would be lying... :(

My first impression, wrestling-wise aside. I think Vince should FORGET about doing a live ECW show, and instead do it the way the old ECW did, and just have camera crews at their house shows and show the matches and promos and backstage stuff from those shows, every Tuesday. It worked fine for ECW back in the day and it would work better then a putting on an ECW show in front of a 50/50 crowd like we saw tonight.

Another thing I was just thinking of. Don't you think it is asking kind of a lot from ECW fans to pay for a ticket to the show to see an hour of ECW, which is really about 40 minutes when you take commercials into account? Hell at least with TNA they do 2-3 weeks of tapings per show so the fans get their money's worth.

Guest Skironox

This is, without exaggeration the worst wrestling show I have ever seen in my entire life. Been through WCW 1999/2000, the necrophilia, and countless other terrible shows. Can't compare to this.

This is definitely the WWE's ECW. Man they dropped the ball and kicked it into the gutter with this.

I think they have more problems than arenas and taping schedules. I'm not a huge Justin Credible fan but the way he was completely destroyed was unreal.

Yeah, I didn't get why Tazz mentioned how he was "a member of the famed Impact Players" but didn't reference that Justin was ECW Champion.

People need to remember that ECW didn't really have long matches on their shows until 99 when Paul ran out of ideas and changed to a more wrestling centered product. There was lots of talking and angles during the 95-97 glory years

For the record...

I have a non-smartmark fan...who is a bit smart in his own way. He knows some inside stuff, but he's not super smarky like we are.

He was also a fan of old ECW...and he liked this show.

Just noting this.

I think they have more problems than arenas and taping schedules. I'm not a huge Justin Credible fan but the way he was completely destroyed was unreal.

I felt the same way. Again, not a big fan of him, but he was treated like a jobber.

Guest The Great Muta

I have to say that, although I was expecting it to suck, it surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds. That was by far the WORST pile of excrement ever shown on TV. I sat their and witnessed the WWE decimate and bastardize something that was great at one time. There were just so many things wrong with this show that I could go on for hours about. The only highlight was Barbie Blank and that is sad...

Yeah, I didn't get why Tazz mentioned how he was "a member of the famed Impact Players" but didn't reference that Justin was ECW Champion.

Because his Impact Players run was more memorable?

Actually I thought Styles mentioned it while Credible was on the way to the ring.

I'm interested in seeing Smackdown even more, for the crowd reaction alone.

Guest I Hate HHH He Is Bad

I can't think of an hour of my life that was more ill-spent.